• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Right-Nationalist Japan PM: 'I have great confidence in Trump'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Japan's PM Shinzo Abe has said he has "great confidence" in US President-elect Donald Trump and he believes they can build a relationship of trust.
Mr Abe described the 90-minute meeting in Trump Tower, New York, as "candid", with a "warm atmosphere".
Some of Mr Trump's campaign rhetoric cast doubt over long-standing US alliances, including with Japan.
The meeting was Mr Trump's first face-to-face with a world leader since winning the presidential election.
The US and Japan have been key allies since the end of World War Two, when the US helped Japan rebuild its economy.
The president-elect has vowed to scrap the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal, that Mr Abe strenuously supports as a means of countering China's growing economic strength.
The deal was approved by the Japanese parliament, despite the likelihood that the deal will be cancelled when Mr Trump takes office.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38021814

mBu6qAu.jpg
I didn't see another thread. If there is one, mods please lock.

Valhelm

contribute something
Trump will be really great to Japan. An aggressive stance against China will give them a lot more bargaining power.

Savitar

Trump: It's time to make Japan great again and have you create an army and weapons.

Abe: Can I be Emperor.

Trump: Sure, but I'm the sole Emperor God!

sfedai0

Banned
I mean what else is he gonna say. He knows how unstable Trump is. Plus, hes got a sizeable US military force in his country still.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
If I was given the choice of having that room (couldn't selling or redeem anything in it), or just a regular damn room with proper lighting and drywall, I'd take the regular room. That shit is gaudy as hell. Looks like gold spray painted plastic.

Considering Abe has been pushing heavily for (heavily unpopular) Japanese re-militarization, this doesn't exactly fill me with much confidence.

Trump probably gave him the go-ahead in return for tips on how to create a one-party system.

Considering Abe has been pushing heavily for (heavily unpopular) Japanese re-militarization, this doesn't exactly fill me with much confidence.

Trump probably gave him the go-ahead in return for tips on how to create a one-party system.

Abe doesn't need tips on that. People think American political mobilization is bad, Japanese is basically non-extant. Their political atmosphere can basically be defined as a state of pure apathy at best.

Kusagari

I've thought from day one Abe must be giddy about Trump.

Gives him an excuse to go full speed ahead on militarization and he probably thinks Trump can easily be manipulated.

Gives him an excuse to full speed ahead on militarization and he probably thinks Trump can easily be manipulated.

I would hope that how profoundly unpopular the option is among the populace and the actual pretty decent approval rates of the mainland bases give pause to it.

I would hope, anyway.

Gutek

xus0vky.jpg

Every day is bring your daughter to work day in Trump's america

Good to see the blind trust is at work. Also, Ivanka's security clearance must be through the roof.

This country has become a joke. Run by an imbecile. There are at least 2 reasons to impeach this guy in this picture alone. But this county is not prepared to deal with a 100% corrupt proto authoritarian.

America is fucked. The butt of a cruel joke. A complete and utter disaster.

Japan is still on precarious footing economically and Trump wants America to buy American. Dunno how Trump is good for Japan's exports.

Balphon

I am consistently amazed at how ugly Trump's apartment is.

RE: Abe, well, yeah. Trump's rhetoric suits his political agenda.

You know I could maybe get over the gold plating on everything in that room.

But man the marbling and those fucking pillars, the pillars are what ruin it.

Japan is still on precious footing economically and Trump wants America to buy American. Dunno how Trump is good for Japan's exports.

Oh yeah this is also important.

You guys remember the recession right? Japan had the exact same recession over housing prices 25 years ago and has never recovered. It's a not insignificant factor in what created the working culture to the monster it's become.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock

Gives him an excuse to go full speed ahead on militarization and he probably thinks Trump can easily be manipulated.

Oh yeah, Abe has a perfect scapegoat in Trump for all sorts of things.

spock

Mann, I just smoked a joint now that the kids are asleep and when I saw that fucking room I busted out laughing I think I woke them up.

Log4Girlz

Good to see the blind trust is at work. Also, Ivanka's security clearance must be through the roof.

This country has become a joke. Run by an imbecile. There are at least 2 reasons to impeach this guy in this picture alone. But this county is not prepared to deal with a 100% corrupt proto authoritarian.

America is fucked. The butt of a cruel joke. A complete and utter disaster.

The president that slightly less than half of America deserves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom