• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League has activated Twitch Spectator Drops

Fan Rewards
Blog Post
rl_fanrewards_image.rJ1oSZ0ZW.c6e1dc555a6eff57c623d9877706c9a5.jpg

Just in time for the RLCS Season Three World Championship, we are teaming up with Twitch to introduce Fan Rewards to Rocket League players on all systems! As part of the Twitch ”Drops" platform, these Limited-drop items include the ”Hustle Brows" and ”Mount Champion" Toppers, ”Apex" and ”Ninja" Wheels, ”Helios" Boost, and official RLCS Decals for all Breakout, Dominus, and Octane body variants. Every Fan Rewards item is tradeable, and will be available FIRST during the World Championship weekend.

How do you sign up for Fan Rewards? Head on over to rewards.rocketleague.com, click the big ”Log in with Twitch," button to authorize your Twitch account, select your platform of choice (PS4, Xbox One, Steam), and you're all set! You can connect all three platform accounts if you own Rocket League on multiple platforms, but only your preferred account (noted by the orange tag next to an account on the Rewards page) will receive the Fan Rewards.

Our Fan Rewards will drop at random during our three-day World Championship stream, and you could receive multiple drops per day. All you need to do to have a chance at a drop is to tune in to twitch.tv/Rocketleague during the live broadcast and watch. If you do receive a Fan Reward, you will be notified the next time you log into Rocket League. Fan Rewards are not guaranteed for every viewer, but the longer you watch, the more chances you have to get these Limited drops.

Very good move Psyonix. Hopefully this boost viewership for RLCS.

Speaking of RLCS

RLCS SEASON 3 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP THIS WEEKEND!
Fan Rewards starts up just in time for plenty of Twitch viewing this weekend at the RLCS World Championship at the Wiltern in Los Angeles! Weeks of intense matches, close saves, and amazing moments from Season 3 of the Rocket League Championship Series have all come down to this. On June 2-4, the best Rocket League teams from around the world will battle for their share of the largest prize pool in RLCS history. With $150,000 up for grabs, the stakes are at an all time high.

We're bringing some of the best RLCS players under one roof for the weekend. Check out the full schedule below:

EVENT SCHEDULE AND WHERE TO WATCH
Friday 6/2

Broadcast Begins - 2:00pm PT / 11:00pm CEST

Saturday 6/3

Broadcast Begins - 11:00am PT / 8:00pm CEST

Sunday 6/4

Broadcast Begins - 11:00am PT / 8:00pm CEST

On Sunday (June 4), we'll also be unveiling our Anniversary update to the world sometime during the broadcast, so definitely watch the show for that news! If you haven't been lucky enough to snag yourself tickets to catch the action live at the Wiltern Theater in Los Angeles, fear not! All three days of the event will be live on twitch.tv/rocketleague June 2-4. Be sure to mark your calendars and see you on the stream to see who will be crowned the RLCS World Champions!

lol

Psyonix community engagement is on-part if not surpassing post-launch content support. They deserve all the success they get.

Psyonix community engagement is on-part if not surpassing post-launch content support. They deserve all the success they get.

Yep. Hell we just had one of the devs in the OT asking about a cosmetic oversight a gaffer found so he could(eventually) get it fixed. They are an amazing group of devs. I really hope this works out well for them. RLCS is a blast to watch I think a lot of people will be hooked if convinces them to watch.

VariantX

Who else does this besides Dota and now RL?

the PS4 version SFV sort of does this, but its done in the form of "quests" during the e-league streams. Watch for an hour and get FM. Retweet something, get FM. Post on FB, get FM. Take a survey (not an actual real survey but a joke survey) get FM. It could be vastly improved by:

1.) allowing the PC audience to get these rewards

2.) expand the program to all official CPT events and majors

3.) Give away random items ranging from free colors, costumes, and a small chance for a free character. Have things like exclusive titles, profile designs, and colors that you can get from tuning in.

4.) If the player already owns said items, then in exchange, give the player its worth in FM so the player doesn't feel like they didn't win anything.

a dev just confirmed on twitter the decals, wheels, and boost can come painted.

Link
FYI the @RLCS Twitch Decals, Wheels, and Boost can drop as Painted versions and are fully tradable

White decals, White boost, and white a crimson tires are going to be worth so damn much.

Awesome, i'll definitely be making sure to tune into all the RLCS games now, instead of just a few with my favorite teams

the mountain topper is TOP notch

Cess007

I've been watch since year one. It's actually a fantastic game for spectators. Hope it brings new people in if they enjoy what they see.

Same, this is the first game were I actually enjoy just watching and I started watching it since year one. Seeing the RLCS grow and grow since the beginning actually brings a tear to my eye :')

Same, this is the first game were I actually enjoy just watching and I started watching it since year one. Seeing the RLCS grow and grow since the beginning actually brings a tear to my eye :')

Yeah. Psyonix works so hard and aside from the toxicity in game it's a really great passionate community. Seeing it grow along with the game has been great.

That game 5 was insanity. Defending champs vs one of NA's best.

Insane shot to take the lead with under a minute left. Zero second shot to tie it and take it to overtime. Then Kuxir with the double tap to take it.

Link

IIRC I got 2 drops watching a CS:GO tourney broadcast. If the rates are anything like CS:GO's system you might see 1 per event, if you've got it on the whole time

Arttemis

I fucking hate this game's loot system. Randomized lottery boxes, and now spectator items? Rocket League was my favorite game for a year, but misunderstanding their microtransactions left me burned on $20 and now I'm simply disgusted at everything they release outside of the cars.

Unicorn

2 days 0 drops. Fuck off Pysonix and Twitch.

Also stream keeps cutting for me and I have to reload. Will that fuck me?
Jesus, chat is garbage, everyone is thirsty as fuck for these rewards

It's like... what is chat even for? There's not even enough time to see anything anyone typed, let alone respond.

Andrefpvs

Got the certified wheels which will actually help me get one of the few trophies I was missing, so that was nice!

Also a painted decal for a car I don't have, I think.

Agent X

Gold Member
I got two decals yesterday, although one of them appears to be for a vehicle that I don't have.

Top Bottom