• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstead on Suicide Squad Kill The Justice League leaks: Very Disappointing"

Saber

Gold Member
This game probably isn't much of a big deal since nobody is talking about it. Didn't even knew this was leaked.

SJRB

Gold Member
I'm 50/50 on this being a psyop to get some attention. No one is talking about these leaks. Reddit, Twitter, game forums. Nobody.

"Oh no, there were leaks of our game! Please don't look them up! We are very upset at all the leaks. We're releasing a very formal twitter post to tell everyone about the leaks and how disappointed we are. We sure hope this doesn't get picked up by gaming websites and stuff!"

DrFigs

I'm 50/50 on this being a psyop to get some attention. No one is talking about these leaks. Reddit, Twitter, game forums. Nobody.

"Oh no, there were leaks of our game! Please don't look them up! We are very upset at all the leaks. We're releasing a very formal twitter post to tell everyone about the leaks and how disappointed we are. We sure hope this doesn't get picked up by gaming websites and stuff!"
it's certainly possible. i had a similar thought about the alpha they did. where there was an NDA, but everyone and their mothers was invited to it.

fwiw i saw the leaks on a discord. i didnt think they were bad. the story is still the most interesting thing this game has going for it. i dont like a dogpile tbh

Last edited:

NikuNashi

So If you didnt read the leaks yet here is the full leak.

[SPOILERS]
Its a GAAS game.
You pay money to win.
Episodic content will be released to keep you whales spending money.
We aim to all be millionaires and drive to our central london office in matching Bugattis if all goes to plan.

OH also theres a bit of gameplay thrown in there as an after thought too, enjoy it. But more importantly keep spending money. [/SPOILERS]

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
I looked into some of the leaks.

This game...
Batman Facepalm GIF by WE tv

T4keD0wN

It will be sad if WB end this whole gen with zero average or better games, but its sounds like a huge possibility.

They are deleting the leaks very effectively so its unlikely, most stuff i found was down. After eventually finding and checking them its pretty obvious why. Lots of audio, few images and the entire story summary have leaked

Last edited:
If what I read about the ending is true then this story is fucking stupid. Some of the dialogue reads like it was written by redditors and the jokes are pure cringe.

Nydius

You know, I've noticed studios only respond to leaks with big GIF paragraphs like this when it paints their game in a negative light. I imagine the response would be different if the leaks generated a ton of positive buzz.

They're not upset so much that it leaked, they're upset that it leaked and it confirmed what most of us already expected: The game is a dumpster fire of cow manure.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Hundred bucks say that the dipshit executives will blame poor sales on these leaks, and maybe even blame the dev team for “letting it leak”.

After the beta ends the SS get vehicles to use from one of Waller's goons.

They then go to capture Ivy from Lex Luthor

Ivy is nine years old and has been revived by Luthor to make antisuper weapons

Ivy doesn't remember Harley and thinks the name "Poison Ivy" is dumb

Waller insists that they put a bomb in Ivy's neck.

Everyone thinks that's crossing a line, except Boomerang who does it anyway to be squad leader or something. Ivy cries and the rest of the SS call Boomerang a dick.

Flash captures Luthor for brainiac (idk why)

Flash uses Luthor to lure out the SS

SS fight Flash. At some point Luthor is killed WW joins the fight at some point, captures Flash with the lasso. Flash says there is no cure and she has to kill them all.

Boomerang overhears Flash's name as "Barry" from WW but has no idea who that is.

Flash escapes and WW fucks off after mocking the SS for the third time.

Waller insists they kill Flash so Boomerang makes fun of "Barry" on national tv to bait him out

Flash is killed by Boomerang

SS are somehow transported to Earth 2 during this fight

Earth 2 is an earth where Brainiac has already won. The SS there were all killed thanks to Waller.

There they meet Earth 2 Luthor who explains what happened and says he's been in contact with Earth 1 Luthor explaining how to fight brainiac.

Earth 2 Luthor comes back with them to Earth 1. At some point they fight green lantern (can't remember why)

KingShark takes green lanterns ring (does the whole lantern speech) and then someone (probs Deadshot) kills GL

Superman comes and mirrors the scene from the first trailer where boomerang pisses him off and blames King Shark

WW saves the SS and uses something (maybe red sun?) to try to kill superman. It fails but Superman goes to krypton to regenerate. WW dies after giving a speech to the SS

The reason Superman came out is because Waller sent a nuke to Metropolis. The SS cheer him on as he destroys it which unwittingly draws his attention to them.

SS are very sad after WW dies and don't know how they're going to kill Superman

Earth 2 Lex says they need to capture Batman so that he can make something which can kill Superman

The SS use a bootleg Batmobile to infiltrate the batcave.

In the batcave they find Tim Drake's corpse. Who was killed by Batman off screen.

They knock out Batman and miniaturise him to bring him to Luthor

At some point in the batcave they find a video Bruce made explaining how to kill all the justice league members. The SS get bored halfway through and so don't watch the part explaining how to kill Superman. Luthor makes Kryptonite bullets for the SS to use to fight superman

After Batman's usefulness has expired the SS debate over which one gets to kill him.

Harley wins and gives a speech, Batman says it's shit and then dies.

It's implied that Harley makes some kind of batsymbol in Batman's corpse (think like Inglorious Bastards but maybe a little less brutal)

They then fight Superman. Idk much about the fight but it ends with Superman dying (presumably killed by Shark)

Brainiac congratulates the SS for killing the Justice League and offers them great power

The SS use an ice cream van to get inside the skull ship

SS take out brainiac and miniaturise him. They bring brainiac back to Waller and Earth 2 Luthor. Waller congratulates them and says their prison time has been reduced.

Turns out there are 12 other Brainiac's from different universe's the squad have to go and take out though (in post game + seasonal content) Something goes wrong (I think Luthor betrays them) and the story ends.

Besides story the only major discoveries I've made are that the additional playable characters are: Joker, Mr Freeze, Deathstroke, Katana and Killer Croc.

There seem to be a few inconsistencies, but overall it seems accurate I guess. 🤷

Credit to Era site.

Last edited:

Everyone thinks that's crossing a line, except Boomerang who does it anyway to be squad leader or something. Ivy cries and the rest of the SS call Boomerang a dick.

SS fight Flash. At some point Luthor is killed WW joins the fight at some point, captures Flash with the lasso. Flash says there is no cure and she has to kill them all.

Boomerang overhears Flash's name as "Barry" from WW but has no idea who that is.

Waller insists they kill Flash so Boomerang makes fun of "Barry" on national tv to bait him out

Earth 2 is an earth where Brainiac has already won. The SS there were all killed thanks to Waller.

There they meet Earth 2 Luthor who explains what happened and says he's been in contact with Earth 1 Luthor explaining how to fight brainiac.

Earth 2 Luthor comes back with them to Earth 1. At some point they fight green lantern (can't remember why)

KingShark takes green lanterns ring (does the whole lantern speech) and then someone (probs Deadshot) kills GL

Superman comes and mirrors the scene from the first trailer where boomerang pisses him off and blames King Shark

WW saves the SS and uses something (maybe red sun?) to try to kill superman. It fails but Superman goes to krypton to regenerate. WW dies after giving a speech to the SS

The reason Superman came out is because Waller sent a nuke to Metropolis. The SS cheer him on as he destroys it which unwittingly draws his attention to them.

Earth 2 Lex says they need to capture Batman so that he can make something which can kill Superman

In the batcave they find Tim Drake's corpse. Who was killed by Batman off screen.

At some point in the batcave they find a video Bruce made explaining how to kill all the justice league members. The SS get bored halfway through and so don't watch the part explaining how to kill Superman. Luthor makes Kryptonite bullets for the SS to use to fight superman

After Batman's usefulness has expired the SS debate over which one gets to kill him.

It's implied that Harley makes some kind of batsymbol in Batman's corpse (think like Inglorious Bastards but maybe a little less brutal)

They then fight Superman. Idk much about the fight but it ends with Superman dying (presumably killed by Shark)

Brainiac congratulates the SS for killing the Justice League and offers them great power

SS take out brainiac and miniaturise him. They bring brainiac back to Waller and Earth 2 Luthor. Waller congratulates them and says their prison time has been reduced.

Turns out there are 12 other Brainiac's from different universe's the squad have to go and take out though (in post game + seasonal content) Something goes wrong (I think Luthor betrays them) and the story ends.

Besides story the only major discoveries I've made are that the additional playable characters are: Joker, Mr Freeze, Deathstroke, Katana and Killer Croc.

There seem to be a few inconsistencies, but overall it seems accurate I guess. 🤷

Credit to Era site.
thanks for this! yet one more stunning example of the impossibility of determining whether or not something is, in actuality, genuine or parody...

So it's a bunch of fucking nonsense that ends in an excuse for them to keep selling MTXs and season passes. Got it.

Sorry WB and Rocksteady, but no one was going to buy this fucking trash anyway. Haven't you watched all the other games in this same shit genre tank one after the other?

Jinzo Prime

Gold Member

Credit to Era site.
TLDR: Arkham Ivy is now nine years old and gets a bomb implanted in her neck, thats all you need to know. ☠️☣️☢️⚠️

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Game is being sent to die in February anyway. If it's a GaaS with what looks like to be a crap story I imagine sales will be low. Playable cast outside of Ugly Quinn is pretty forgettable.

Roni

Gold Member
I'll have more fun tracking this game's sales than actually playing it. Can't wait to see if it sinks or swims...

Last edited:

ProtoByte

Credit to Era site.
I couldn't even believe what I was reading when this first came out. If this is even 50% accurate, Rocksteady will have ruined their reputation for the full generation. Why the fuck does everyone working on DC properties have to be a spiteful edgelord about it?

Doom85

I couldn't even believe what I was reading when this first came out. If this is even 50% accurate, Rocksteady will have ruined their reputation for the full generation. Why the fuck does everyone working on DC properties have to be a spiteful edgelord about it?

It sounds like the Future’s End series from the New 52 era of DC comics, and that series was hated and mocked by most fans I know for being so over the top in how dark and edgy it was trying to be.

Also, the story is baffling at times:

So Superman stops a nuke, which would imply he‘s good again, the SS even cheer him on, but then they immediately go, “how do we kill him?” Did the leaks leave out a scene or two?

Okay, I could buy Harley and King Shark not finishing watching Batman’s video, maybe Boomerang, but Deadshot is not stupid enough to do that.

How does King Shark get Green Lantern’s ring? I would hope the writers know one can’t just take a ring off a GL without basically killing them. I know the comic Identity Crisis suggested someone, in this case Deathstroke, with higher willpower could wrest control of it from the wearer (makes no sense, a Lantern ring chooses a specific owner, and the idea had never been suggested as a possibility in any GL comic throughout the decades prior) and the first New 52 Justice League story where Batman takes it off Hal’s finger just because they were simply talking and “Hal wasn’t concentrating on using the ring” at the moment (yeah, even more stupid, all the human Green Lanterns are constantly in space and such where they survive the lack of oxygen and such due to the ring, and they clearly aren’t keeping their mind focused on using the ring every single second during all that time so clearly you don’t need to concentrate on the ring constantly for it to work). So to make a long story…well, not short, King Shark should only be able to get that ring if he has already killed the owner or if they make some plot convenience device that lets him do it.

Didn't hate the leaks. It's not as bad as people are making it to be. The GAAS shit is just too much for this game to overcome.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Fucksake, do we need this *every single time* there’s a leak?

No-one gives a shit about a speed-bump in your marketing campaign except your marketing department. Or at least, they shouldn’t.
so they should be happy their entire game story leaked? dumb post. of course they should care, and now for people who want to avoid spoilers, they have to be extra careful.

Top Bottom