• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad’s $70 price tag slashed by 40% just a month after launch

Draugoth

Gold Member
suicide-squad-kill-the-justice-league-steam-sale-580x334.jpg

Just over a month after launch, Suicide Squad Kill The Justice League is down by 40% on Steam, but the superhero game may still be too expensive for some. Season 1 of Suicide Squad brings the playable Joker as a free character on Thursday, March 28, so WB likely wants to drive more people to the game ahead of his arrival.

Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League is 40% off until Thursday, March 21, so expect to pay $41.99 / £35.99. You can find it here if you want to try it for yourself.

via PCGamesN

StereoVsn

Even if I was given it for free I wouldn’t play it. My time is far more valuable and there are far better games to be had. Hell just this year so far we had LAD: Infinite Wealth, P3R, FFVII Rebirth, Unicorn Overlord, with Dragons Dogma 2 coming in shortly and Elden Ring DLC in the not so far future. Then we have Helldivers 2 for the MP fix and bunch of people are still playing Palworld.

I am probably missing multiple other games here and that’s not even including indies, and the massive backlog a lot of folks have (let’s call it a library instead).

Playing Suicide Squad would be an insane waste of money and more importantly time.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I will buy it for $42. I’m sure it has some redeeming qualities. Cutscenes look good and combat doesn’t look that bad. I really enjoyed anthem and metal gear survive. I have a soft spot for these so called disastrous games.

phant0m

Tbh I’d actually try it for $40 but I’m still busy with helldivers & GBF relink and then DD2 comes out in 2 weeks

amigastar

It was more appropriate for PC games back when the game was released.

------------------------------------

I love poking fun at SS, but I would buy it for $20 as long as a couple buddies did and we could all play it together.
Hmm, yeah still not get it. Why was it appropriate for PC games back then. Were they of lower quality or what? I'm seriously confused.

Hmm, yeah still not get it. Why was it appropriate for PC games back then. Were they of lower quality or what? I'm seriously confused.
Back in the 80's/90's PC gaming mostly topped out at $40.00, but more often than not it was closer to $20-$30. Adjusted for inflation, it was still a decent amount of money, so saying "don't pay more than $20 for a PC game then" would be like saying "don't pay more than $55 for a game today."

Console game prices back then were more insane than they are now.

Last edited:

amigastar

Back in the 80's/90's PC gaming mostly topped out at $40.00, but more often than not it was closer to $20-$30. Adjusted for inflation, it was still a lot of money, so saying "don't pay more than $20 for a PC game then" would be like saying "don't pay more than $55 for a game today."
I see, cool.

Saber

Gold Member
Wait, this game was priced at 70$?
Lol these guys know no bounds to their games. I wouldn't even if it was 10$.

Stratostar

Hopefully after 2 dogshit movies and now this turdbomb of a game, the Suicide Squad property is finally put to rest. No one cares about these lame ass characters, stop trying to make it happen.

The digital deluxe edition is also reduced 40% in the PSN store (deal of the day). It’s actually 10 dollars cheaper than the normal version…

Top Bottom