• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Royal staff called to Buckingham Palace for emergency meeting

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Since it seems that a death is probably off the cards, I'm gonna go with Prince Harry proposing to his american girlfriend. It's totally the sort of thing that the royals would consider an "emergency".

Didn't he already get the OK for that though?

Yea you don't call an emergency 8am meeting at 3 in the morning to discuss Trump's state visit that's been in the works for months.

Trump probably wont even be able to visit London considering he's barred from Westminster and the protests would be way too much for the met to handle.

wandering

Banned
Yea you don't call an emergency 8am meeting at 3 in the morning to discuss Trump's state visit that's been in the works for months.

Trump probably wont even be able to visit London considering he's barred from Westminster and the protests would be way too much for the met to handle.

Wait, barred from Westminster? Details?

Queen states "this experiment has failed", announces June general election ballot papers will have option for Queen to take control of country.

numble

Not so long ago, jokes like these could get you beheaded. Times have changed.

In what era did speculating about the Queen's potential pregnancy lead to a beheading? I think in English history beheadings were rare and limited to treason.

If this is true, the whole emergency meeting thing... It is weird that no UK broadcast media is reporting it, not even the shitty ones. Suggests some kind of embargo?

If a Royal has indeed died (I'm really in the dark right now, too much noise), that'd mean tomorrow's election would be cancelled, right?

Nah - they can't cancel democracy just because one of the royals kicks the bucket. The government is separate from the monarchy, the monarchy have no power.

I reckon it's going to be a death - but someone shit like that sister - the one who isn't already dead. Anne? Margret? Not sure of the names.

Nah - they can't cancel democracy just because one of the royals kicks the bucket. The government is separate from the monarchy, the monarchy have no power.

The Monarchy does have some power, over some countries in the commonwealth at least. She at least appoints the Governor General in Australia.

Spaghetti

If this is true, the whole emergency meeting thing... It is weird that no UK broadcast media is reporting it, not even the shitty ones. Suggests some kind of embargo?
Yeah. Royal news is incredibly locked down and there's an extensive protocol for deaths.

There's a big article on it here. Good read.

The Monarchy does have some power, over some countries in the commonwealth at least. She at least appoints the Governor General in Australia.

Yeah, she dismissed the Aussie government in the 70s didn't she?
Weird she seems to have more power over other independent nations than over her own. But saying that, I highly doubt that in this day and age she could use any of it.

Weird she seems to have more power over other independent nations than over her own. But saying that, I highly doubt that in this day and age she could use any of it.

Nah the American backed governor-general did that cause the gov wanted to close American bases in Australia (deadlock over the budget was the official reason tho), the queen just didn't give a shit.

It was very much a coup.

I don't get where this meme that the queen has little power comes from, she has a massive amount of power but refuses to exercise it because she's much more concerned about the House of Windsor than being an actual ruler.

Technically she is a citizen of all of the countries she rules over. And the crown for each country is a separate institution. So its not that wierd when you think of it via its actual rules. Though from an outsider perspective it is pretty funny.

Top Bottom