• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Killzone VR hinted at by PSVR Without Parole

Yes! This needs to happen!

Include a multiplayer mode.
Vehicle driving as well.
Also quality should be on par with Half-Life Alyx.

Thank you, you can deliver it on my doorstep when you are finished.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The PSVR gun-peripheral works outstanding.
You don't even need to slide anything in, as it already has two sticks and all buttons.

Yeah, but to work properly it would need a bunch of tracking hardware built in, basically everything the regular controllers have. Which would make it more expensive than a simple shell. But the former might still be the better solution.

Yeah, but to work properly it would need a bunch of tracking hardware built in, basically everything the regular controllers have. Which would make it more expensive than a simple shell. But the former might still be the better solution.
I forgot about the lack of a camera for PSVR2.

Personally I wouldn't mind paying a bit more for a new gun-peripheral.
It's highly subjective, but imo the experience easily makes up for the cost.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I forgot about the lack of a camera for PSVR2.

Personally I wouldn't mind paying a bit more for a new gun-peripheral.
It's highly subjective, but imo the experience easily makes up for the cost.

Well, there is a tracking camera, or rather four of them, but they're on the headset instead of being external. And they use IR lights on the controllers to track them, so the gun controller would need that too (which in itself isn't a problem). It would also need some accelerometers and gyros to keep decent track of motion and position when the cameras CAN'T see it. Then of course it also needs other electronics, Bluetooth, etc. And you probably want the same haptic feedback and adaptive triggers as well. So it wouldn't be cheap, considering what a DualSense costs. But yeah.

Last edited:
Top Bottom