• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: PlayStation Online Co-Op Game Set In Fantasy London Coming To PC Day One

yurinka

The job offer mentions that they require experience on PC or console, something included by default in most AAA game job listings. It's even often mentioned for console only games. I'd take it with a huge grain of salt.

The actual job offer:

"We are looking for Combat Designers working at a Senior or Principal level. You will build and explore large, interconnected gameplay mechanics and would be encouraged to set an excellent standard of work and offer support to less experienced Designers.

If you are at a Principal level, you will have several years' experience developing AAA console/PC titles, through all stages of development cycle at a Senior level. Therefore, you will bring expert level knowledge to the team and will have more responsibility."

BlackTron

Whoever "tech4gamers" is, I have no respect for them whatsoever for taking this job listing and turning it into this headline. Nothing but more trash journalism.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I think this is incredibly important to note:

In 2022, the discussion around PlayStation Live service was that many of these titles would come to PS4 due to userbase.

We can all put that to bed now yes?

Can you imagine the order 1886 being resurrected as a MP, always online only game ?

I mean...it could kind of work ?

Animated GIF

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Makes sense. If it needs player engagement then PS and PC day 1. Single player games will continue to have the delay on PC

nial

Gold Member
None of the GaaS of that list that they already released (GT7 and MLB) aren't on PC day one.
SIE doesn't consider Gran Turismo 7 to be a GAAS game, and Helldivers II, Concord and Fairgame$ are already confirmed for a PC release day one...

yurinka

SIE doesn't consider Gran Turismo 7 to be a GAAS game, and Helldivers II, Concord and Fairgame$ are already confirmed for a PC release day one...
SIE obviously considers GT7 a GaaS because it's a GaaS, like GT Sport. SIE never said they don't consider GT7 a GaaS.

Helldivers II, Concord and Fairgame$ were 2nd party games, until Sony bought a couple of them. The other one is a sequel of a game that already was released on PS and PC half a dozen years ago almost at the same time.

Last edited:
One of my uni colleagues is working on this game. He's very excited about it and shares as much as he can when he can which in fairness is very little, but still, it looks like trash tbh. I don't know how to tell him but this is going to hurt. I'd cancel the project given the Haven and Firewalk games look like shit.

StueyDuck

One of my uni colleagues is working on this game. He's very excited about it and shares as much as he can when he can which in fairness is very little, but still, it looks like trash tbh. I don't know how to tell him but this is going to hurt. I'd cancel the project given the Haven and Firewalk games look like shit.
Literally haven't seen any of these games yet so not sure where these hard declarations of shit are coming from.

But I do agree the proposed artstyle of kind of woke kind of fortnite looks shit. So I hope the actual game has a little bit more effort put into it.

As far as the haven game goes, until we see actual gameplay I'm not gonna judge artstyle, the finals looks alright and it's kind of the similar vibes.

Concord there was literally nothing so it's not even worth talking about.

nial

Gold Member
SIE obviously considers GT7 a GaaS because it's a GaaS, like GT Sport. SIE never said they don't consider GT7 a GaaS.
MSYg3vF.png

Helldivers II, Concord and Fairgame$ were 2nd party games, until Sony bought a couple of them. The other one is a sequel of a game that already was released on PS and PC half a dozen years ago almost at the same time.
""Second-party"""" is first-party, lol. Stop with this nonsense. Also, they bought Haven a year ago, so it's been an in-house studio for a long time now.

Last edited:

yurinka

Sony had many live services not mentioned there like Gran Turismo, Dreams, PS Home, Destruction All Stars, Little Big Planet and more, and they continue to be live services games even if not listed there. In the same way that they also have many other single-player games that aren't listed there, but still continue to be single player games even they aren't there.

This slide only shows some examples to highlight that their portfolio back then was mostly focused on single player non GaaS titles and that they wanted to diversify it making a bigger push on the live services side during the following few years showing also an estimated roadmap of GaaS franchises, it isn't a complete list of all the SP and GaaS games they have.

To say that Sony doesn't consider GT7 a GaaS because it isn't in that list is as nonsensical as to say they don't consider Days Gone or Astro single player games because they aren't listed there.

""Second-party"""" is first-party, lol.
And? I never said the opposite. Second party games are games published by a platform holder but developed by a third party (not owned by them) studio.

Last edited:

nial

Gold Member
To say that Sony doesn't consider GT7 a GaaS because it isn't in that list is as nonsensical as to say they don't consider Days Gone or Astro single player games because they aren't listed there.
Not the same, the GAAS lineup is not full like the SP one, but you already knew that. If they considered GT7 to be a live-service game, they would have put it there. Also, way to ignore the fact that they only had one (1) projected GAAS franchise for their FY 2021, that being MLB The Show.
And? I never said the opposite. Second party games are games published by a platform holder but developed by a third party (not owned by them) studio.
You mentioned that they are "second-party" games (even though two of them are not) as some kind of distinction from the rest of their published titles and why they are on PC. The truth is that they are all first-party games, and these three titles launching on PC day one show that this will be their strategy with their future GAAS releases, whether made internally or externally.

Last edited:
Literally haven't seen any of these games yet so not sure where these hard declarations of shit are coming from.

But I do agree the proposed artstyle of kind of woke kind of fortnite looks shit. So I hope the actual game has a little bit more effort put into it.

As far as the haven game goes, until we see actual gameplay I'm not gonna judge artstyle, the finals looks alright and it's kind of the similar vibes.

Concord there was literally nothing so it's not even worth talking about.
This is something my friend from uni posted last year.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/why-p..._4xKQHKptVWz4rNZNhqVu3jbC_BEsyhHicgREyrE92AE0

I've seen a little more than available to the public without saying too much it looks very very generic. It doesn't look very good at all.

I saw enough of Concord and Fairgames to know that I don't need to see any more.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

This is something my friend from uni posted last year.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/why-p..._4xKQHKptVWz4rNZNhqVu3jbC_BEsyhHicgREyrE92AE0

I've seen a little more than available to the public without saying too much it looks very very generic. It doesn't look very good at all.

I saw enough of Concord and Fairgames to know that I don't need to see any more.

That was the artstyle I referenced in my post.

I really don't think you can judge anything on CG trailers. That's why we all hate cg trailers.

I literally can't tell you anything about concord other than it may or may not have guns , is Sci fi and there's something about wobbly sandwiches.

There really isn't much to parse from a trailer like that. Hitman reboot was a cgi trailer originally and that trilogy is in incredible. Most from soft games are announced with cg, point I'm making Is we know nothing of those games and we may as well know nothing which was terrible marketing on sonys behalf. But we definitely can't judge anything right now.

Even the London studio game which art I agree looks crap,but until we see something resembling gameplay I don't think you can tell your friend his work is shit.

Last edited:
That was the artstyle I referenced in my post.

I really don't think you can judge anything on CG trailers. That's why we all hate cg trailers.

I literally can't tell you anything about concord other than it may or may not have guns , is Sci fi and there's something about wobbly sandwiches.

There really isn't much to parse from a trailer like that. Hitman reboot was a cgi trailer originally and that trilogy is in incredible. Most from soft games are announced with cg, point I'm making Is we know nothing of those games and we may as well know nothing which was terrible marketing on sonys behalf. But we definitely can't judge anything right now.

Even the London studio game which art I agree looks crap,but until we see something resembling gameplay I don't think you can tell your friend his work is shit.

Well, again, I've seen enough to know it's not going to be a great game. These generic GaaS titles aren't always going to be successful and they seem to be chasing a trend that's moved on or well established itself.

Another multiplayer who-gives-a-shit game to buy skins and emotes in or whatever.

A re-skin of a re-skin of a re-skin and this is where the big money is being spent in games development.

I think you meant "brush". But if not, I'm not judging.
Haha no I actually think that would pretty cool. I wouldn't prefer a multiplayer version of that game of course, I'd rather have a vastly expanded single player experience. Think of something like Jedi: Survivor but in London. Westminster Castle and Nikola Tesla's lab are the hub world where you can upgrade weapons, customize Sir Galahads physical appearance, and each mission you branch out into Whitechapel, etc, to hunt the half breeds, vampires and other creatures.

Top Bottom