• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: RTX 50 series flagship model will have 24 GB GDDR7 with 28 Gbps speed and 512-bit interface

Draugoth

Gold Member
According to the latest behind-the-scenes information, NVIDIA's new flagship card will feature 24 GB of GDDR7 VRAM with a speed of 28 Gbps, a 384-bit bus and a bandwidth of 1536 GB/s.

The new information, released by leaker @kopite7kimi, points to the jump in speed from 21 Gbps in the RTX 4090 to 28 Gbps for the implementation of GDDR7 in NVIDIA's new top of the line, based on the Blackwell architecture. Remember that this new DRAM standard can exceed this barrier, reaching up to 64 Gbit. As for the bus, the new rumors point to 384-bits, instead of the 512-bits initially rumored.

If the rumors are true. The RTX 50 should be configured as follows:
  • GB202 - 512-bit bus, 24 GB VRAM, 1536 GB/s bandwidth;
  • GB203 - 256-bit bus, 16 GB VRAM, 1024 GB/s bandwidth;
  • GB204 - 192-bit bus, 12 GB VRAM, 768 GB/s bandwidth;
  • GB206 - 128-bit bus, 8 GB VRAM, 512 GB bandwidth;
  • GB207 - 128-bit bus, 8 GB VRAM, 512 GB/s bandwidth.

Last edited:

tusharngf

Jensen Gpu GIF by NVIDIA GeForce

Hell yeah

Last edited:
I'll be sitting this one out till good "next-gen" games actually start releasing. 4090 can play everything and I only got that for cyberpunk.

amigastar

I'm happy with my RTX 4070 right now, i'm just curious how long that will last.
But i only wish PC games would be optimized better so it doesn't take the beefiest graphics card to run them optimally

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Lol at the massive drop in bandwidth between 202 and 203. I want the RTX 5080 to be a further cut down 202 but I know it'll be a fucking 203 with 16GB.

Nvidia needs to either work on making these smaller or start making their own computer cases using these GPU's to fit other components into
I've got 13 inches of room in my case if I remove the front fan. They need to start making these things with built in AIO or something as standard for cases that are 'reasonable' size.

Catphish

I was planning on upgrading when the 5080s dropped, but now might wait til whatever is new when GTA6 releases.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
According to the latest behind-the-scenes information, NVIDIA's new flagship card will feature 24 GB of GDDR7 VRAM with a speed of 28 Gbps, a 384-bit bus and a bandwidth of 1536 GB/s.

The new information, released by leaker @kopite7kimi, points to the jump in speed from 21 Gbps in the RTX 4090 to 28 Gbps for the implementation of GDDR7 in NVIDIA's new top of the line, based on the Blackwell architecture. Remember that this new DRAM standard can exceed this barrier, reaching up to 64 Gbit. As for the bus, the new rumors point to 384-bits, instead of the 512-bits initially rumored.

If the rumors are true. The RTX 50 should be configured as follows:
  • GB202 - 384-bit bus, 24 GB VRAM, 1536 GB/s bandwidth;
  • GB203 - 256-bit bus, 16 GB VRAM, 1024 GB/s bandwidth;
  • GB204 - 192-bit bus, 12 GB VRAM, 768 GB/s bandwidth;
  • GB206 - 128-bit bus, 8 GB VRAM, 512 GB bandwidth;
  • GB207 - 128-bit bus, 8 GB VRAM, 512 GB/s bandwidth.

Audiophile

Gold Member
I wonder what "DLSS 4" will be; something completely novel or just refinements of AA/SS, Frame-Gen & Ray Reconstruction?

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Cool, wish we had some amazing visually demanding games to play but nothing on the horizon for this year and prolly next one either so i'll stick to my 40 series.

TheUsual

Gold Member
What type of CPU would we need not to bottleneck this? Not tech literate but I definitely wouldn't want to get something high end like this and hamstring it with a CPU.

I'll be sitting this one out till good "next-gen" games actually start releasing. 4090 can play everything and I only got that for cyberpunk.
The current consoles are lagging behind. We already got games on the PC that are showing the next graphical step even if developers locked their assets for newer hardware. For example in this mod:

You can see the higher quality surface materials that the next generation of consoles games will be doing.

Last edited:

RickSanchez

Gold Member
Cool cool cool. I'll skip the next couple of generations but its always exciting to keep up with news about the latest powerplant-consuming graphics powerhouses released by Nvidia.

I had a 1080Ti, now a 4090, so i guess my next will be the PTX 7090Ti Pro Ultra Super Max, which will cost 3 months' salary, and will require its own cabinet, and maybe a its own portable nuclear powerplant.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

When I first built my PC I got a 2070 Super, then a 3080, gave that to my wife, got myself a 3090, then got us both a 4090. I think I'll finally skip a generation, can't imagine there being some generational leap. With that said I'm still excited to see how these compare.

Last edited:
Top Bottom