• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
It’s almost as if western long range rocket systems are able to easily target the location, and the orcs have pulled out knowing they’d be a fucking smear on

This is absolutely excellent, and I encourage you all to read it. A great summary of the current situation, and the need to continue this war until Russia is soundly defeated.

I don't think people understand that as horrible as this war is for the Ukrainians, it's a fucking wrapped up gift horse for the west, especially the US & UK who see this as a perfect opertunity to once and for all bleed Russia dry and to so badly kneecap them that they are completely removed from the geopolitical landscape allowing the west to concentrate on the real threat, the emergence of China, the billions this will cost is a pittance to what's to come

professor farnsworth futurama GIF

Fuck Putler!!!

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I don't think people understand that as horrible as this war is for the Ukrainians, it's a fucking wrapped up gift horse for the west, especially the US & UK who see this as a perfect opertunity to once and for all bleed Russia dry and to so badly kneecap them that they are completely removed from the geopolitical landscape allowing the west to concentrate on the real threat, the emergence of China, the billions this will cost is a pittance to what's to come
You never know, maybe this is western countries motive the whole time. Ukraine is in that quasi zone of Euro/not Euro so it's not like the rest of the world treats them the same as Spain or Italy.

If they really wanted to stop this, US, Nato etc... would had amassed forces and gear months ago and prevented it fast.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
You never know, maybe this is western countries motive the whole time. Ukraine is in that quasi zone of Euro/not Euro so it's not like the rest of the world treats them the same as Spain or Italy.

If they really wanted to stop this, US, Nato etc... would had amassed forces and gear months ago and prevented it fast.
It wasn't until Ukraine showed that it wasn't about to capitulate that the west got together and thought... "Fuck me lads now's the chance to really stick it to Putler and those Russian cunts and all without risking ww3 or our own soldiers, we simply send them a load of our old mil gear and let them do the dirty work"

Tams

Who am I your wikipedia?
I don't read political crap. I don't know any expert but I don't see why his opinion needs validation of "exXZzXperts" and your does not.
get real
While it is always good to have experts expressing the same opinion as yours, you don't need it.

But if you go and claim that there are expert opinions that back up your opinion.... that you had better provide them or just leave.

TwinB242

I know hes not actually in Ukraine, but this account's info is usually accurate. So this is likely true

Absolutely insane and I expect this to backfire hard. Its only a matter of time before people in these typically Pro Russian areas turn on their government.

Chiggs

How long before proud Russia bends over for China? I am guessing within 20-30 years. It will be fun to see all the Russian Nationalists get all Brexity over the Chinese in their country. But, given how shitty they're doing against the Ukraine, I have no doubt the Chinese will run roughshod over paper tiger Russia.

Oh, Russia...you're so stupid.

Last edited:

Tams

How long before proud Russia bends over for China? I am guessing within 20-30 years. It will be fun to see all the Russian Nationalists get all Brexity over the Chinese in their country. But, given how shitty they're doing against the Ukraine, I have no doubt the Chinese will run roughshod over paper tiger Russia.

Oh, Russia...you're so stupid.
I hope they have fun.

But before China try any funny business, they should remember invading someone is very different to being invaded by someone. As Ukraine are aptly showing, and Finland showed over half a century ago.

So, it doesn't matter too much how shit Russia's armed forces are; any invasion of them (which to be clear, Nato aren't and never have even contemplated) will go very badly.

I bet some PLA bods with some brain cells are seeing Ukraine as very worrying for them. Some will have 'redirected' funding as Russia has, and they are also seeing how invading someone in modern times goes.

Last edited:

Chiggs

So, it doesn't matter too much how shit Russia's armed forces are; any invasion of them (which to be clear, Nato aren't and never have even contemplated) will go very badly.

Fair point, which is why China will probably just enslave Russia economically. Boiling the frog by turning up the heat slowly, etc, etc.

And then comes the land grabs, little by little. China and Russia's friendship is a joke.

Last edited:
How can China ever invade Russia? Economically yes, but no way with an army. Same story where Russia just has nukes and it's the only reason NATO isn't setting up shop in moscow now.

TwinB242

I keep thinking about why Russia hasn't been declared a terrorist state yet, but then I realize that everyone is still buying up their oil and gas. Would be a bit awkward to call someone a terrorist and then continue to pay them billions for their energy...

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I know hes not actually in Ukraine, but this account's info is usually accurate. So this is likely true

Absolutely insane and I expect this to backfire hard. Its only a matter of time before people in these typically Pro Russian areas turn on their government.

Putin getting Ukrainian's to kill Ukrainian's, couldn't make it up.. why in the holy fuck those morons in the DPR want to side with a country that cares not one fucking ounce about you and will happily pound your cities to dust to go fight your fellow countrymen is beyond me, why in the fuck don't they switch sides??

Tams

Take this with a grain of salt as its source is Telegram, but Russian forces are apparently so deranged that they think weapons are hidden in nuclear power plant cooling pools and want to drain them.

MrA

Take this with a grain of salt as its source is Telegram, but Russian forces are apparently so deranged that they think weapons are hidden in nuclear power plant cooling pools and want to drain them.

Apparently they’d like to recreate Chernobyl, classic soviet style move for classic soviet era equipment

Chittagong

Gold Member
Martlet being put to good use.

Doesn't really address any of the issues we had with your previous post.

The main issue I understood from the replies was the view that these countries would not collude or collaborate to benefit.

The thing is, I agree: they most likely don’t. But their interests are aligned, in a way that they all benefit of the war. No need to coordinate, just stay on track warring.

It doesn’t matter if the root cause was stupidity, bruised egos or colonialist delusions. What matters is that all these countries found themselves in a situation where they profit.

EDIT: Also ”issues WE had with your postsounds a lot like many people had issues with my post. Actually it was just yourself and one other guy who even commented on my post that seem to constitute this ”WE” feeling issues. Stay safe.

Last edited:

Konnor

Fundamentally, neither russia nor china understand what an ally is, nor they're capable of generating good will.

It's either terror or enslavement.
They are just like Decepticons 🤣 Putler is Galvatron .. inferior to Megatron even ..

Jesus Christ this thread is so cringe, it's such a strong circlejerk that the posters in it have lost all sense of perspective or objectivity. It's pointless even posting here but I will post this for shits and giggles:

U.S. spied on Merkel and other Europeans through Danish cables - broadcaster DR

Btw "Putler" is also extremely cringe, find a better nickname.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ this thread is so cringe, it's such a strong circlejerk that the posters in it have lost all sense of perspective or objectivity. It's pointless even posting here but I will post this for shits and giggles:

So let me get this right?

You dont like this thread, but you read it, and post in it

You admit you're shitposting

You post something that is completely off topic and nothing to do with Ukraine, Russia or the illegal war

You post something to do with politics when politics is banned from the site

You're an idiot

Last edited:

Konnor

So let me get this right?

You dont like this thread, but you read it, and post in it
You post something that is completely different for the topic
You post something to do with politics when politics is banned from the site

You're an idiot

I skim it from time to time trying to read any useful news
How the fuck is it completely different? Your cognitive dissonance can't possibly be that serious
I like how you declare this politics when the exact same situation a few posts up of ally spying on ally isn't deemed political by you and on top of that backseat moderate trying to get me banned. Pathetic

Last edited:

Tams

I really shouldn't be feeding you, but I can't let your post just hang there like a fart.

Yes, we know the US can be a shitty, selfish, distrustful ally at times. Thanks for the news from 2015. Have you been in a coma?

But guess what? They haven't invaded us and tried to take over our territory. They haven't committed atrocities to us. They haven't tried to assassinate people in our countries (well, at least not in grossly irresponsible ways). But what about Afghanistan and Iraq you may cry. US and her allies' fuck-ups for sure, yes. But neither exactly had saints for leaders, and Afghanistan harboured terrorists. Actual terrorists. Oh, you say Pakistan have too? Well, for one, they do have a somewhat functioning democracy. Second, they have nuclear weapons. And third, they have been punished and humiliated for their disregard and negligence.

As for Iraq? That is a lot more complex and has already been discused in this thread. You did read that, right? I mean, you've read the whole thread, the wise sage you are.

Further, the US and allies did not commit atrocities on a large scale. Of course some happened. War is war and fighting people always have the odd nutjob among them. They have now left all of those places; they never were there to keep them for themselves.

What the US has done in recent times anywhere near the scale of what Russia has and is doing? Answer: nothing. Absolutely nothing. And if even that isn't good enough for you: two wrongs do not make a right.

And you have nerve to criticise us? Get a fucking soul*.

*religiously or not, I do not give a shit

Konnor

I really shouldn't be feeding you, but I can't let your post just hang there like a fart.

Yes, we know the US can be a shitty, selfish, distrustful ally at times. Thanks for the news from 2015. Have you been in a coma?

But guess what? They haven't invaded us and tried to take over our territory. They haven't committed atrocities to us. They haven't tried to assassinate people in our countries (well, at least not in grossly irresponsible ways). But what about Afghanistan and Iraq you may cry. US and her allies' fuck-ups for sure, yes. But neither exactly had saints for leaders, and Afghanistan harboured terrorists. Actual terrorists. Oh, you say Pakistan have too? Well, for one, they do have a somewhat functioning democracy. Second, they have nuclear weapons. And third, they have been punished and humiliated for their disregard and negligence.

As for Iraq? That is a lot more complex and has already been discused in this thread. You did read that, right? I mean, you've read the whole thread, the wise sage you are.

Further, the US and allies did not commit atrocities on a large scale. Of course some happened. War is war and fighting people always have the odd nutjob among them. They have now left all of those places; they never were there to keep them for themselves.

What the US has done in recent times anywhere near the scale of what Russia has and is doing? Answer: nothing. Absolutely nothing. And if even that isn't good enough for you: two wrongs do not make a right.

And you have nerve to criticise us? Get a fucking soul*.

*religiously or not, I do not give a shit

My God, the arguments are so bad, my point was that China spying on Russia isn't the proof the armchair political analysts thought they had about those nations. And don't get me started on atrocities, assassinations or terrorists because that's a completely different discussion that will not go well for you. Putin is a piece of shit, obviously, but watching Americans pretend their government hasn't done much worse while still shilling for fucking NATO makes my blood boil. Yemen is getting genocided right now with the help of the US government by their trusted ally ffs. Gee, I wonder why there's no embargo on Saudi Arabian oil. The fucking hypocrisy man, it's just too much to bear. Anyway, I'm out, I don't want to catch a ban for not adopting the official Westoid narrative by getting mass reported by the loyalists here.

I'll leave you with this parting gift: US won’t rule out military action if China establishes base in Solomon Islands lol

Last edited:

Tams

My God, the arguments are so bad, my point was that China spying on Russia isn't the proof the armchair political analysts thought they had about those nations. And don't get me started on atrocities, assassinations or terrorists because that's a completely different discussion that will not go well for you. Putin is a piece of shit, obviously, but watching Americans pretend their government hasn't done much worse while still shilling for fucking NATO makes my blood boil. Yemen is getting genocided right now with the help of the US government by their trusted ally ffs. Gee, I wonder why there's no embargo on Saudi Arabian oil. The fucking hypocrisy man, it's just too much to bear. Anyway, I'm out, I don't want to catch a ban for not adopting the official Westoid narrative by getting mass reported by the loyalists here.

I'll leave you with this parting gift: US won’t rule out military action if China establishes base in Solomon Islands
Sure mate. Go live among the Houthi rebels. See how you enjoy it.

And go ahead, make a list. You're the one hardmaning here.

ratburger

The next day, video footage posted online showed the Russian headquarters at a school in Izyum on fire. Lt. Koval said 17 Russian service members were killed, including a colonel and two majors, more than 20 were wounded and many vehicles were destroyed.

That assessment, which Lt. Koval said was based on Ukrainian intelligence reports, couldn’t be independently verified.

A few days later, Himars hit a Russian military barracks where new recruits were sleeping, inflicting heavy losses, Lt. Koval said. In a third attack he described, the Ukrainians directed all four Himars at Russian positions in one Ukrainian town, sending 24 rockets against targets in the same area. Another strike struck in the town of Zymohirya, some 30 miles behind the frontline, Lt. Koval said.

Due to the $155,000 price tag per rocket, the Ukrainians are focusing the firepower on high-value targets like military headquarters, weapons depots and barracks rather than individual Russian tanks or artillery systems. They expect this will force Moscow to pull assets back from the frontline, which will further stretch its already strained logistics.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Who's pretending? The majority of the people who participate in this thread don't like aggressive imperialism when America does it too. I think we are capable enough to judge these world events on a spectrum of shittiness.

That's exactly right, most of us has already been as open about that as we can be without overstepping gaf's political discussion ban. So it's obvious that he hasn't bothered to do the simplest of reading through this thread to get to know us before his triggered strawman knee-jerk ass started shitposting here.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Some recently intercepted calls:

1. Ruzzian "hero" claimed by state/media to have single-handedly destroyed two Ukrainian vehicles/tanks and 25 soldiers, all while rescuing his wounded comrades reveals the truth to his wife:

2. Ukrainian separatists are getting depressed as ruzzian soldiers look down on them while raping and murdering Ukrainian civilians:

Last edited:
Top Bottom