• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Because, on this, you are wrong. Instead of lashing out at other people and calling them cunts, maybe it would be a good idea for you to research the situation a little better, so that you understand it more. That way you'll come to realise that your current position is borne from an ignorance of how the geo-politics of the world currently function.
I don't appreciate underhand comments made towards me 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, I feel quite a few took my comments the wrong way and quite a few are a bit too eager to jump on the bandwagon and pile on.

As I said before. I don't agree with any of it. And that's about it.

Hope you all have a good one. Take care

Laters all :messenger_sunglasses:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
You figured it out. If it wasn't for his personal cost, he wouldn't be looking for the other reasons not to do it, none of which he even has a basic understanding of, they're just headline grabs that support his already-decided position.

I don't mind engaging with anyone who holds a genuine difference of opinion on this, but if that opinion really does boil down to 'I don't want Ukraine to be a free democracy, or for the west to be safer, because it might put a few pence on my taxes' then they really can fuck right off. I don't think I've ever heard of anything quite so self centred in my life.

Last edited:

BlackTron

Gold Member
I don't mind engaging with anyone who holds a genuine difference of opinion on this, but if that opinion really does boil down to 'I don't want Ukraine to be a free democracy because it might put a few pence on my taxes' then they really can fuck right off. I don't think I've ever heard of anything quite so self centred in my life.

He wasn't trying to sound self-centered, he lumped it in with a list of other stuff like when someone grabs a bunch of candy and magazines to lump in with the condoms they're buying.

And then has no idea about the topics of any of the magazines and never tried any of that candy in his life.

hlm666

After that su-57 got touched up today and seeing the reports I'm kind of surprised russia only has like 20 of them (if those reports are correct). This was the plane to fight the f-22 which usa has like ~120 operational, and judging by how russia is fighting this war they probably needed at least 480 to win over the raptors lol.

BlackTron

Gold Member

Anyway, I feel quite a few took my comments the wrong way and quite a few are a bit too eager to jump on the bandwagon and pile on.

People took your comments the right way. I don't believe that anyone failed to receive your intended message, you just think their take on it is wrong.

Next time that's the most you have to back up an opinion, maybe keep it to yourself instead of saying "BECAUSE ITS WHAT I THINK" and flipping off everyone while putting on sunglasses.

Too late.

Edit: One last thing before you go. Don't forget to read up on Chamberlain! It's your assigned homework buddy

Last edited:

Meicyn

Gold Member
I don't appreciate underhand comments
Oh, you mean like this one?

Oh what short memories we have
Or this one?

It's getting harder these days to differentiate who is actually living in a fantasy land.
Seems to me like you enjoy underhanded comments just fine.

Oh wait, my bad. I accidentally forgot to include the rest of that sentence at the start.

Ah, there it is. Underhanded comments toward you are the problem, it’s cool when you do it. And that’s really what all of this is about isn’t it? You. This entire conflict is being boiled down to how it affects you.

FunkMiller

Gold Member

Hope you all have a good one. Take care

Mate... you can't just complain that comments are 'underhand' because they disagree with you :messenger_tears_of_joy: Like I said, just take it on the chin that you don't understand what's going on properly, and maybe go find out a bit more, and by all means come back to continue the discussion when you do.

BlackTron

Gold Member
Mate... you can't just complain that comments are 'underhand' because they disagree with you :messenger_tears_of_joy: Like I said, just take it on the chin that you don't understand what's going on properly, and maybe go find out a bit more, and by all means come back to continue the discussion when you do.

Nah he already knows everything. He's good

edit: in before Dr. Morris freaks out that Ukraine had the audacity to attack Russian soil with a jet. WE JUST MIGHT MAKE IT TO THE END OF 2024 FOLKS

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Damn, Russians using own soldiers as a literal meat shield.

That's one of the most demonstrative videos of this conflict I've seen.

The Russians simply do not have a clue how to approach combat against modern US military. The idea of a troop transport driving straight at a Bradley armed with a Bushmaster...

chris jericho what GIF by CBC

BlackTron

Gold Member
That's one of the most demonstrative videos of this conflict I've seen.

The Russians simply do not have a clue how to approach combat against modern US military. The idea of a troop transport driving straight at a Bradley armed with a Bushmaster...

chris jericho what GIF by CBC

Maybe we will get tired of paying for ammunition before they run out of bodies.

Seriously though, that really is their last hope

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Maybe we will get tired of paying for ammunition before they run out of bodies.

Seriously though, that really is their last hope

I just genuinely don't understand how your intel can be so bad that you actually think you can drive a troop transport at a fucking gun that can fire depleted uranium rounds at a thousand metres per second.

BlackTron

Gold Member
I just genuinely don't understand how your intel can be so bad that you actually think you can drive a troop transport at a fucking gun that can fire depleted uranium rounds at a thousand metres per second.

That's my point, I don't think they really believe it was a fair match for the tank. But you know how it is: "not a step back!"

Even if they're getting annihilated, we have to spend money on things like ammunition to swat them away, which Putin hopes we will get sick of before they finally buckle.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
That's my point, I don't think they really believe it was a fair match for the tank. But you know how it is: "not a step back!"

Even if they're getting annihilated, we have to spend money on things like ammunition to swat them away, which Putin hopes we will get sick of before they finally buckle.

He's onto a loser if he thinks they'll ever run out of Bushmaster shells or Bradleys. The US has thousands of the things sat about doing nothing :messenger_tears_of_joy:

It's such a massively one sided battle once the Ukrainians are provided with the weapons they need, even when they're old ones. Just give them 500 tomahawks and end this thing in a couple of days.

Last edited:

BlackTron

Gold Member
He's onto a loser if he thinks they'll ever run out of Bushmaster shells or Bradleys. The US has thousands of the things say about doing nothing :messenger_tears_of_joy:

It's such a massively one sided battle once the Ukrainians are provided with the weapons they need, even when they're old ones. Just give them 500 tomahawks and end this thing in a couple of days.

Ah yes, but there's a cost associated with them. By steering the narrative, maybe enough people will nonsensically complain about things like taxes (snicker) and elect an anti-war leader.

He's just trying to hold out for this. Putin knows they can't win directly militarily, which is why the information war is so intense.

Edit: Also why Russia stirred shit up in the middle east wanting a distraction to divert attention/resources from Ukraine war. He is trying to survive until politics save him.

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

Motorcycle assaults.....

Just when you thought they couldn't be any dumber. People were speculating that maybe this was punishment and they were sent to probe Ukraine mortar/artillery positions but these drone operators are so precise that it isn't needed.

At what point does it become too difficult to kidnap your citizens on the steppes and trick foreigners to fight for you? Russia doesn't have an unlimited amount of men to throw into this war with over a 1000 casualties a day.

Shits already come to head with their armor. Radar is getting blasted. More ships are being destroyed. Ukraine fired a plane launched rocket into russia. And the f-16s haven't even arrived.

Last edited:

BlackTron

Gold Member
Just when you thought they couldn't be any dumber. People were speculating that maybe this was punishment and they were sent to probe Ukraine mortar/artillery positions but these drone operators are so precise that it isn't needed.

At what point does it become too difficult to kidnap your citizens on the steppes and trick foreigners to fight for you? Russia doesn't have an unlimited amount of men to throw into this war with over a 1000 casualties a day.

Shits already come to head with their armor. Radar is getting blasted. More ships are being destroyed. Ukraine fired a plane launched rocket into russia. And the f-16s haven't even arrived.

Motorcycles are mad cheap and I don't think the plan is to win. Ever play a RTS and look for the most efficient units to soak damage and draw fire? I'm guessing it cost more to bomb a guys motorcycle than it's worth. Better use motorcycles than tanks to consume bombs.

This is literally like massing vultures in SC lmfao. Yeah they're probably gonna get ruined but serve their purpose by giving the enemy something to shoot at.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Motorcycles are mad cheap and I don't think the plan is to win. Ever play a RTS and look for the most efficient units to soak damage and draw fire? I'm guessing it cost more to bomb a guys motorcycle than it's worth. Better use motorcycles than tanks to consume bombs.

This is literally like massing vultures in SC lmfao. Yeah they're probably gonna get ruined but serve their purpose by giving the enemy something to shoot at.

So will Russia run out motorcycles and riders first before Ukraine runs out of even cheaper drones and ordnance?

First it was tanks / APCs, then it was cars, then it was golf carts, then it was motorcycles, and now it's escooters ... I'm guessing turtle skateboards and bicycles are next?

BlackTron

Gold Member
So will Russia run out motorcycles and riders first before Ukraine runs out of even cheaper drones and ordnance?

First it was tanks / APCs, then it was cars, then it was golf carts, then it was motorcycles, and now it's escooters ... I'm guessing turtle skateboards and bicycles are next?

I don't know the cost of the ordinance but it may be more than the motorcycle. I mean this stuff isn't like buying ammo at Walmart.

Regardless, Putin will send guys riding donkeys before he capitulates.

Nonehxc

Uge if true. It's gonna be fun for the colonizer transplants going forward. This is not your land, run before the consequences pile up on you. 😎

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Ah, there it is. Underhanded comments toward you are the problem, it’s cool when you do it. And that’s really what all of this is about isn’t it? You. This entire conflict is being boiled down to how it affects you.

I mean yes so a few innocent civies burn, but have you seen what it's done to his taxes?

Yes because I pay the fucking higher rate of the same ones he does and get a letter at the end of the year that tells me where they went. Guess how much of my taxes went to the war effort last year? Fucking none of it because it went mainly to the NHS and funding HS2 (a small pointless rail line who's entire cost has already eclipsed the entire war bill for the UK on Ukraine) a fucking rail line.

So despite what might be said about the Russians, there not completely stupid.

Videos focuses mainly on the Challanger II but it also talks about how the Russians effectively do not throw armor at any front where western vehicles are detected in Ukraine, because they know they will lose hard. It actually brings up the recent bradly kills and why they are not as common as you would think, it also brings up the major issue with none native weapon systems and supplies for these.

But essentially the Russians throw, mines, drones or Air at any front that intel suggests holds western armor and only sends its own armored division against Ukraine fronts that also operate Russian equipment, anything else is due to a lack of communication or being caught off guard by Ukraine.

Last edited:

Liljagare

Gold Member
PtOpJ7N.jpeg

Lots of equipment losses recently.

Dnipro hospital says it has received 29,000 injured soldiers since start of full-scale war. The facility receives about 50 soldiers per day, doctors told the Kyiv Independent. Around 82% of the wounded arrive unconscious. According to the hospital's own figures, 95% of these injured soldiers have been kept alive.

Last edited:
PtOpJ7N.jpeg

Lots of equipment losses recently.

Dnipro hospital says it has received 29,000 injured soldiers since start of full-scale war. The facility receives about 50 soldiers per day, doctors told the Kyiv Independent. Around 82% of the wounded arrive unconscious. According to the hospital's own figures, 95% of these injured soldiers have been kept alive.

That survival rate is pretty amazing. 100 years ago, it would have been reversed.I am not going to lie, I am skeptical of any figures coming out of this war but even if its close to that, it's crazy. I wonder what the survival rate is on the Russian side. Putin would probably say its 99%

Ozriel

M$FT
Perhaps there’s scope in having injured Ukrainian soldiers pivot to Drone operators or air defence operations covering cities like Kyiv or Odessa.
Keep the salaries flowing, and keep them far off the front lines. They’ve earned it.

BlackTron

Gold Member
I just don't understand how you can kill yourself without any second thought, but not even think about taking up arms against the ones sending you to die as a piece of meat...

Aside from being brainwashed, they also make it extremely difficult to communicate or become organized into any kind of resistance. Anything will be squashed before it can make any kind of difference. Dissenters are thrown in jail, or to the front line at gunpoint. The security services, and the brainwashed masses, make it their job to spy and tattle on you.

Nonehxc

Lets see how the only known working (said by them) S-500 ICBM interceptor system, the one that was placed in Moscow right atop Puton's bald spot, fares against small drones and missiles.

When the Shadow Master himself singles out something, things happen.

And he was sporting the slightest hint of a milimetric smile.

Oh boy. 😎

Last edited:

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right

Lets see how the only known working (said by them) S-500 ICBM interceptor system, the one that was placed in Moscow right atop Puton's bald spot, fares against small drones and missiles.

When the Shadow Master himself singles out something, things happen.

And he was sporting the slightest hint of a milimetric smile.

Oh boy. 😎

Kinda amazes me that they can actually set up new defences in Crimea. I'm imagining that area of the world would be under heavy surveillance and Ukraine just wouldn't let Russia waltz in more air defences and set them up there.

Liljagare

Gold Member
Hope it happens this time:

G7 agrees on transfer of $50 billion in profits from frozen Russian assets to Ukraine​

"The situation of the critical. Russian farmers are on the verge of mass bankruptcies after the loss of 30% of the harvest"
Spring frosts, which brought the loss of tens of millions of crops in the largest agricultural regions of the Russian Federation, are offered by mass bankruptcies to small and medium-sized farms in the upcoming agricultural season. This was announced at a press conference in Moscow on Tuesday by the President of the Russian Grain Union (RZS) Arkady Zlochevsky.
According to his estimates, as a result of May bad weather, up to 30% of the area sown by winter crops were affected. Foresees for the collection of grain decreased from 145 million tons to 125-130 million tons of maximum. And the estimate of the wheat harvest from 93-95 million tons decreased to 80-82 million tons of maximum, - said Zlochevsky.

https://www.moscowtimes.eu/2024/06/...h-bankrotstv-posle-poteri-30-urozhaya-a133735

Last edited:
Top Bottom