• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

T-0800

Or, sadly, maybe you did. Depending on where you live, you can actively help out and choose whom to help. Just a thought.
I'm not sure what you''re trying to say here. I'm Australian btw. I have no problems with Russians blowing themselves up I just don't want to see the graphic detail by accident.

Fenix34

I remove teeth
I have question.I have friend.He live in Russia and he is afraid mobilization and he want escape through Mexico.Its possible to him are made this or not.He's hear many stories about many russians which made this and escape through mexican border.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
It really affected me seeing that. It's one thing to see violence in a movie but real life hits in a completely different way.

I'm guessing most of us here are desensitised to most of this shit and perhaps it was unfair of us to think this applied to everyone else in this thread as well. Generally horrific videos like the one that caught you off guard are pretty typical and mundane now on Reddit and other places.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
I have question.I have friend.He live in Russia and he is afraid mobilization and he want escape through Mexico.Its possible to him are made this or not.He's hear many stories about many russians which made this and escape through mexican border.

Nonehxc

'We don't care, we have yuan'

Yeeeeah, right. I bet you're even better than before. 😏🤫

This means, if Russia was already flooded with rupees&yuan, now they're onto a tsunami, which are just accepted for trade in China&India hence they can jack up price however they want if Russia wants even the slightest possibility of spending anything and that having a value.

Last edited:

Liljagare

Gold Member
u11Oip8.jpeg

Partisans of the Atesh movement destroyed a P-441 Zlyva satellite communication station in the city of Klin, Moscow region.

I've watch too many videos on the IMMINENT COLLAPSE of Russia that I've given up hopes of that cunt country turning into a hellish mad max wasteland, they seem to be weathering this storm quite well or at the very least kicking the troubles well and truly down the road
While I agree with you I do feel like the longer this war goes on, the more difficult it will be on the Russian people. Ukraine needs to keep hitting oil refineries to cripple thier industrial base and ability to fund the war.

Ironbunny

Sweet baby jesus

Don't understand what's going on here. Did he activate a mine or something? How did he go kaboom?

Used either grenade or other small explosive to kill himself propably after already being wounded. Looks like some sort of plate carrier hes hunching and setting it off over. Physics do the rest.

Nonehxc

Used either grenade or other small explosive to kill himself propably after already being wounded. Looks like some sort of plate carrier hes hunching and setting it off over. Physics do the rest.
Pretty much this. Russia doesn't want their peeps coming back, so they all receive instructions on how bad Ukraine/NATO is, how much will they be tortured and such, so it's pretty well documented by Russian documents, leaflets and POW that they're told that, before being taken captive, it's a much preferable fate to take a grenade and hold it against the belly/under the chin.

Russians doing russian things 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
This is actualy dangerous. Reminds me of german society just before the WW II.
Propaganda works and will always blame outside factors.

How exactly is it dangerous? I don't get the comparison to Germany just prior to WW2. Germany at that time was an economic and industrial powerhouse, thanks to Hitler's single minded determination to gain revenge for the first world war. Russia now is an economic and industrial basket case that is zero threat to the western hegemony.

Last edited:

nbcjr

Vladimir Putin has said Ukraine would need to fully withdraw troops from territories Russia claims to have annexed before a ceasefire could begin - a proposal Ukraine immediately called "offensive to common sense".

Its President, Volodymyr Zelensky, has long said Ukraine will not negotiate with Moscow until Russian forces leave all Ukrainian territory, including Crimea.

The Russian president also said Ukraine would have to give up on joining Nato before peace talks could start.

Wildebeest

How exactly is it dangerous? I don't get the comparison to Germany just prior to WW2. Germany at that time was an economic and industrial powerhouse, thanks to Hitler's single minded determination to gain revenge for the first world war. Russia now is an economic and industrial basket case that is zero threat to the western hegemony.
Hitler didn't industrialise Germany. He just increased military spending based on promises of military victories leading to wealth coming in, which was never realised. I suppose with sanctions tightening and technology these days being so global, Putin might find it harder than his hero to just spend money he doesn't have on arms based on a promise to get it all back and more by looting and exploiting a conquered Ukraine.

dotnotbot

Vladimir Putin has said Ukraine would need to fully withdraw troops from territories Russia claims to have annexed before a ceasefire could begin - a proposal Ukraine immediately called "offensive to common sense".

Its President, Volodymyr Zelensky, has long said Ukraine will not negotiate with Moscow until Russian forces leave all Ukrainian territory, including Crimea.

The Russian president also said Ukraine would have to give up on joining Nato before peace talks could start.

This article doesn't mention it, but:

He also demanded that the west drop all financial sanctions against Russia as a precondition to a ceasefire.

Source

So he knows these terms can't be accepted and won't be accepted, no way whole West will collectively agree to drop all sanctions. These terms only purpose is to support later claims that Russia wanted peace but Nato denied. Unfortunately I'm sure this narration will gain some traction among "freethinkers" like Elon.

Last edited:

TwinB242

What an absolutely ridiculous, and delusional proposal even by Putin's standards. Russia's offensives have stalled on all fronts and they're running out of equipment which is why suicidal motorcycle and golf cart assaults are the new norm, yet somehow they think they can dictate terms like that. Just laughable.

Unfortunately there will be idiots in the west who will gobble that up with stuff like 'see Putin just wants peace!!!' and will take measures to force Ukraine to capitulate and give Russia what they want so they can rebuild their military and attack Ukraine again from better positions a few years later.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Hitler didn't industrialise Germany. He just increased military spending based on promises of military victories leading to wealth coming in, which was never realised. I suppose with sanctions tightening and technology these days being so global, Putin might find it harder than his hero to just spend money he doesn't have on arms based on a promise to get it all back and more by looting and exploiting a conquered Ukraine.

No. It was already industrialised, but Hitler's mission to rearm the country led to a vast increase in factory production, which made it a powerhouse. His blatant disregard to the sanctions placed on the country after the first world war no doubt contributed to this. He was fullof shit (the whole MEFO bills thing) but his actions created the backdrop for the beginning of the war, and contributed to the efficiency of the blitzkreig across Europe.

The salient point being that Putin is in nowhere near the strength of position that Nazi Germany was in prior to the start of the war. If he even slightly attempted to attack a NATO country, he would be utterly defeated in a matter of days. He knows this.

There is no real comparison to be had between Nazi Germany in the build up to the war and Russia now.

Last edited:

T-0800

I believe the whole ceasefire offer is just political cover for any remaining western allies they have around the G7 meeting. You know the type, people whose political campaign was bought and paid for by Moscow and can manage to still seriously talk about "NATO aggression".
RFK? I heard an interview with him yesterday where he blames the West for what's going on.

Liljagare

Gold Member
hYEccDA.jpeg

Russia launched 17 missiles and nearly 500 drones on Friday, Ukraine’s general staff said. Drone attacks killed a 54-year-old man in the southern Kherson region and wounded a 17-year-old girl in the eastern city of Dnipro, regional authorities said. Three people were wounded in a drone attack in the eastern Sumy region and several homes damaged in the neighbouring Kharkiv region.

Russian Su-24 violated Swedish airspace (southern tip of Gotland) yesterday...

https://www.forsvarsmakten.se/sv/ak...e-svenskt-luftrum-avvisades-av-jas-39-gripen/

Last edited:

Liljagare

Gold Member
TQJWfDP.jpeg

Interesting almost no tanks and APC's for two days, logistical issues for the RuSSkies?

Also, wth guys? For the first time in 2 years. Russia overtakes the US in gas supplies to Europe.

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

TQJWfDP.jpeg

Interesting almost no tanks and APC's for two days, logistical issues for the RuSSkies?

Also, wth guys? For the first time in 2 years. Russia overtakes the US in gas supplies to Europe.

The gas issue... this has to be the strangest part of the war. I guess I understand... no I don't understand at all.

When has something like this happened before in war? It's so fucking weird. Here's all these sanctions but we'll still buy gas.

winjer

Gold Member
The gas issue... this has to be the strangest part of the war. I guess I understand... no I don't understand at all.

When has something like this happened before in war? It's so fucking weird. Here's all these sanctions but we'll still buy gas.

Because of Slovakia, Austria and Hungary, which are still buying gas from Russia, and then also selling some of it to the rest of Europe, which pretends it doesn't know where it's coming from.
On the other hand, the pipeline that feeds Europe with Russian gas passes through Ukraine, and Ukraine gets paid for that.
But it seems Ukraine is not going to renew the lease on that pipeline beyond 2024.

It may seem strange, but it's quite common for countries at war to maintain some commerce. For example, during World War I, Britain was trading rubber with Germany, while receiving optical lenses.
More strangely, the US was paying Mauser, a German company, for patent rights to use on the Springfield 19-03 rifle. A rifle that was then used to kill Germans.

Last edited:
Top Bottom