• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryan Reynolds back for DEADPOOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

http://deadline.com/2014/12/ryan-reynolds-deadpool-fox-x-men-1201309406/

EXCLUSIVE: Fox is closing a deal with Ryan Reynolds for a feature on Deadpool, the character he originated in The Wolverine. The film, which Fox is making in conjunction with Marvel Studios, is being directed by Tim Miller, who has done strong visual effects work through his VFX house Blur Films. Miller has been developing the film for several years, from a script by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, with Lauren Shuler Donner producing. Reynolds and other cast has posted photos of Deadpool on Twitter, so clearly this is going. Production begins in March.

studyguy

Last thing I saw Ryan in was that Million Ways to die in the West as some random dude who didn't even get credited. Least he's getting real work.

kris.

Banned
YESSSSSSSSSSS

wPZVWgD.jpg

kewlmyc

Glad he's back. He's perfect for the role. Hopefully enough's times past for people to have forgotten he was in Green Lantern.

Rootbeer

Banned
If only Green Lantern hadn't been terrible... we'd probably have a sequel by now.

He's still a strong choice for Deadpool. Even if I'm not the biggest fan of the character, I liked his portrayal in X-Men Origins: Wolverine and that Proof of Concept video that got online a while back.

Frog-fu

Banned
Yes, this man campaigned for it to happen for years and I'm glad he's finally getting the opportunity to do it.

dabig2

Is this the official line for all Marvel licences or is this a legitimate thing?

I'm actually interested in this too. I know feige was exec producer on the 2000s marvel comic movies but after MCU became a thing I thought that stopped.

Sanjuro

Terrible news.

This means he likely won't have time to star in the anticipated sequel to A Million Ways to Die in the West.

J@hranimo

Banned
Awesome!

I felt when he was originally casted as him in Xmen Origins Wolverine I thought he'd be perfect.

With the right execution he'll do the character justice.

Nokterian

Awesome! He is perfect for it even when Wolverine Origins sucked he did show how deadpool is and with the leaked footage he still got it.

Altazor

Liked the test footage and Reynold's Deadpool (save for that... thing at the end that wasn't Deadpool at all) was one of the few good things about X-Men Origins. Good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom