• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryan Reynolds back for DEADPOOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't imagine why anyone is excited for this.Reynolds is box office poison.

I got enough of his schtick in Blade 3, Xmen Origins, and Green Lantern.

DC has Batman, and in some people's eyes only batman but i liked the Superman reboot.

Marvel
Iron Man
X-Men
Spiderman
GOTG
Captain America

Avengers sucks

LCGeek

formerly sane
Normally I'm not a fan outside of reynolds outside of a few movies but this has me pumped. He totally sold deadpool in wolverine.

overcast

DC has Batman, and in some people's eyes only batman but i liked the Superman reboot.

Marvel
Iron Man
X-Men
Spiderman
GOTG
Captain America

Avengers sucks
Dude, they have made two movies outside of Batman in the past 20 years. DCU is off to a rough start with MoS, but lets not derail this completely unrelated thread.

AlexBasch

You can tell he likes being Deadpool. I mean, the
mute ninja or whatever the fuck that was
from Wolverine Origins was...strange, but before that, damn.

Reynolds and Thomas Jane as Punisher are roles that you can tell that they actually liked and loved, instead of just phoning it in for the paycheck.

I wish Thomas Jane had another chance at being Punisher and not just a fanmade video. ):

UnlawfulWillingAntbear.gif

.la1n

He is Wade, nobody else would have fit as well as he does. Now let's just hope the rest of the movie isn't a disaster or it won't matter who is playing deadpool.

JNA

Banned
Seriously, this is the film that Reynolds was born to be in. His entire life, his destiny, our destinies have been leading to this moment.

DON'T FUCK IT UP, FOX.

Completely agree, no joke.

It's like the doctor that took his baby self out of his mother's womb whispered to him saying "dude, you are so going to be Deadpool when you grow up".

He's got the voice, acting, and look to play as Deadpool. It was so stupid how that Wolverine movie pretty much "fuck you" to Deadpool. Especially when in the beginning of that movie, Deadpool was hilarious.

Going by that test footage as well, he's going to make an amazing Deadpool if they make the movie right. Reynolds has the perfect mannerisms for it too.

charsace

Chris Pratt in Zero Dark Thirty is the worst thing to happen to Ryan Reynolds career. Reynolds has some talent and charisma, but Pratt is a better version of him. If Pratt wasn't already a part of Marvel he would kill in this role.

BLACKLAC

Chris Pratt in Zero Dark Thirty is the worst thing to happen to Ryan Reynolds career. Reynolds has some talent and charisma, but Pratt is a better version of him. If Pratt wasn't already a part of Marvel he would kill in this role.

Never thought about Pratt as Deadpool but dammit you may be right.

Xamdou

Looks like he isn't going to be the Green Lantern in the upcoming DC movies?

Awesome news he's reverting back to the role that made him famous (In my eyes at least).

Hellion

Chris Pratt is the new Harrison Ford I get it... But that just Means hes really Nathan Fillion 2.0

Ponn

Banned

He was used very poorly in at least 2/3rd's of those movies. He should have never been cast as Hal Jordan and he was perfect for Deadpool but those writers, in god's name what were they thinking with that movie. The test footage he did, now THAT is what i envisioned a Ryan Reynolds Deadpool to be and it was glorious.

I wish it would be a hard R rating, but we all know that isn't going to happen. It sucks because Deadpool should have a filthy mouth and be ultraviolent.

Deadpool doesn't need that filthy a mouth (and the best versions of him don't have one) and you can get away with all sorts of violence given the leniency of the MPAA when it comes to handing out PG-13s.

Decado

Deadpool doesn't need that filthy a mouth (and the best versions of him don't have one) and you can get away with all sorts of violence given the leniency of the MPAA when it comes to handing out PG-13s.

Yeah, just none that has any impact and doesn't have constant cutaways, shitty angles and shaky cam.

HokieJoe

Well, Blade 3 was a complete shit movie and the story/writing/acting/casting across the board was just fucking stupid. X-Men Origins did a shitty job of writing Deadpool's character (it was a Wolverine movie, but that was no reason for that stupid bullshit at the end); and the Green Lantern wasn't that bad IMO. I agree that RR isn't the GL though. Personally, I'd like to see more GL and more Silver Surfer.

Dysun

He was good as Deadpool before they decided to make him a mute with a smorgasbord of mutant powers

Happy to see him return

HokieJoe

Exactly. TDK is still my favorite. Avenger's was awesome for the action, but TDK's story/exposition of broader themes was much more sophisticated than any of other franchises IMO. Moreover, Ledger absolutely crushed his role as the Joker. TDKR was a let down for me though. They should've left about 10 minutes of subterranean physical therapy on the editing room floor. The movie just wasn't that well balanced. Plus, Bane was never one of my favorites to be honest.

Turin

Banned
I know a lot of non-comic fans, myself included, find Deadpool interesting.

Surprised they haven't done this sooner.

inm8num2

The only better news would have been if the title said, "Reynolds back for Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place." That show was great.

I'll take the Deadpool news, though. :)

iqubal

Banned
This is going to be like Seth Rogen in Green Hornet, or Halle Berry in Catwoman.

Edit: or Ben Affleck in Daredevil.

Book it.

Mr.Swag

Banned
Can OT please not turn into a comic book version of console wars? Gaming side lame as fuck cus of that shit...

And its totally different on this side, I guess most people can only afford one console, but I think we can all afford to watch all comic book movies on this side. So why argue?

Slayven

I don't understand why Spider-Man can't have that kind of humor. Everything in that was so good.

Well Spiderman is actually funny in comics, in fact the first time they fought, DP got pissed because not only was Spidey physically beating his ass but out rifting him.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
This is going to be like Seth Rogen in Green Hornet, or Halle Berry in Catwoman.

Edit: or Ben Affleck in Daredevil.

Book it.
No way.

Green lantern
X-men origins: wolverine
RIPD
blade trinity

Ryan Reynolds has a serious track record with comic book movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom