• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryan Reynolds back for DEADPOOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was fantastic in the opening sequence for Origins, so I have every confidence in him. Besides, dude's been pushing for this for years.

Nokterian

He was fantastic in the opening sequence for Origins, so I have every confidence in him. Besides, dude's been pushing for this for years.

Thankfully the test footage moved mountains as he put it in a interview and for good reason that should have been shown to the public a longtime ago. I am glad to see this and i am happy for him the studio finally starting it off.

Hystzen

After all the time and effort he put into getting this film off the ground (I suspect he was one who "leaked" the script online) and how perfect for role he is he deserves it

Not if that prototype/teaser trailer is any indication.

Shit was fucking brutal. Sounded like fucking Ryan Reynolds too. The CG was great so I assume it was Blur's work too.

You said it: prototype. I think it was confirmed long ago that the actual movie would be PG-13. It sucks.

Not if that prototype/teaser trailer is any indication.

Shit was fucking brutal. Sounded like fucking Ryan Reynolds too. The CG was great so I assume it was Blur's work too.

Actually, IIRC, that teaser fit into PG13 guidelines.

I don't get the obsession people have with R-rated Deadpool. The character doesn't need it, he's not the Punisher.

Sephzilla

Lord of the Rings Two Towers was rated PG-13.

The Wolverine was rated PG-13 and had some pretty bloody moments.

You can get away with plenty in PG-13 these days.

Hystzen

It being PG-13 does not affect the film they could easily do a running joke about it being censored like swear words beeped out or gore being covered up with blackboxes. Have Deadpool complain about censorship to the audience and bam

It being PG-13 does not affect the film they could easily do a running joke about it being censored like swear words beeped out or gore being covered up with blackboxes. Have Deadpool complain about censorship to the audience and bam

That's what I was thinking. Having the cursing be bleeped out (and having Deadpool comment on that) is really a much better fit than having him actually curse, ditto using cartoonish violence rather than gratuitous.

fertygo

What wrong with PG-13 again?

Even most comics not rated R

In fact I would like it because they gonna push the light-hearted nature more instead mutilation galore, or intestine jokes that I'm not find it funny.

And PG-13 can still contain some violence.

Soodanim

I'm okay with this. And I'm surprised. I expected GAF to hate Ryan Reynolds for some reason, so I'm pleasantly surprised. If it's true I'll look forward to it.

dankir

So this is the same timeline as the Wolverine movies or seperate?

Cuz fuck this movie if this is still canon.

1256571-xmen_origins_deadpool_weapon_xi.jpg

Sephzilla

So this is the same timeline as the Wolverine movies or seperate?

Cuz fuck this movie if this is still canon.

1256571-xmen_origins_deadpool_weapon_xi.jpg

Days of Future Past made this movie non-canon I believe. Also I'm pretty sure one of the early scripts for the movie acknowledge but take a crap on Origins I think.

Sephzilla

In order for a Deadpool movie to get an R-Rating these days it would probably have to go RoboCop tier with the violence and profanity, neither of which it really needs.

fertygo

Fox can screw all other their superheroes movie, but if they get Deadpool and X-Force one good movie, I'll forever grateful.

Nokterian

This is all I want in a Deadpool movie...I really don't want more of this.

MVKT43S.jpg

Retractable Wolverine blades except they are swords? No thanks. Gimme the stuff from the Deadpool test footage trailer.

That will not happen anyway from the test footage it clearly showed how they love the character and ryan said it also in a couple of interviews staying true to what deadpool is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom