• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S.Link FM - A Persona podcast created by PersonaGAF - Podcasting for Everyone's Souls

Levito

Banned
I have a possible topic. As someone that gave up on persona 2 way back on psx, but rebought it on psp, can the crew enlighten someone like me on how best to approach demon conversations? I tend to find then tedious and obscure, but really want to play through both p2 games someday.

Any tips or recommendations on how to consider approaching that system as the game itself is not too helpful nor do I wish to pour through bloated faqs for guidance. A round table discussion on how they work and to remove my total disconnect from them would help tremendously thx!

We actually have plans to do an Episode on revisiting P2 in the plans, so I'll be sure to bring up your question!

Pretty solid podcast but you guys were totally fan girling sony in the last episode haha

OH yes, it's true. XD

PK Gaming

Corporate talk wasn't really my thing, but I enjoyed listening to episode 9.

I can't wait for episode 10 though, interviewing Sam Riegal in the flesh...

Levito

Banned
One last bump!

We're interviewing Sam Riegel tonight! So get in those questions you always wished you could ask Teddie!

Levito

Banned

(Click image for episode)

Well folks, we were once again able to sit down and have a chat behind one of the voices of the Persona 4 cast. This time, Sam Riegel, who voiced Teddie in Persona 4: The Golden, Persona 4: Arena, and Persona 4: The Animation came on the show. Sam shed some light on his acting career, touched on what it was like working on the Persona projects, and gave some Beary good advice on for those looking to make it in the voice acting industry. This was a very bearable episode to record, nothing grizzly about it!

Apologies in advance that we did not get to everyone’s questions, we were on a bit of a time constraint. This episode is a lot more concise than previous ones and Sam really elaborate on the questions we did ask, so a lot of the reader questions were answered in passing anyways.

Many thanks again to Mr. Riegel for joining us!

Andrefpvs

(Click image for episode)

Well folks, we were once again able to sit down and have a chat behind one of the voices of the Persona 4 cast. This time, Sam Riegel, who voiced Teddie in Persona 4: The Golden, Persona 4: Arena, and Persona 4: The Animation came on the show. Sam shed some light on his acting career, touched on what it was like working on the Persona projects, and gave some Beary good advice on for those looking to make it in the voice acting industry. This was a very bearable episode to record, nothing grizzly about it!

Apologies in advance that we did not get to everyone’s questions, we were on a bit of a time constraint. This episode is a lot more concise than previous ones and Sam really elaborate on the questions we did ask, so a lot of the reader questions were answered in passing anyways.

Many thanks again to Mr. Riegel for joining us!

Listening :)

Andrefpvs

Wow, great episode. Good job everyone!

I found it very interesting that Sam was played voice clips of the other English Teddie voice. And I agree, he did a perfect job at making us "forget" the previous voice. He's the official Teddie as far as I'm concerned now. I especially like his voice when Teddie's out of his suit, so it was interesting to know that it was recorded separately from the "other" Teddies.

Also... Thank you for asking my question! 'Twas fun to hear everyone's answer. Poor Teddie :(

PK Gaming

That was an exceptional episode.

Sam Riegal is a really great guy, I totally underestimated him, he gave out a ton of in depth info.

I lost it when he started gushing over human Teddie. "Tossing his hair back before every line?" Too perfect.

Seriously, this episode was kickass. Keep it up guys!

Levito

Banned
Thanks a lot guys! It was short but sweet. :)

Just so everyone knows, I'm not going to be on GAF much at all in the next week, so if you need to contact me about the show sens me a PM.

Squire

Banned
The gang will be recording an episode this Friday to reflect on this year's Evolution tournament and, more specifically, Persona 4: Arena's presence there. Dacidbro and Logic Hole will be the special guests. If you've got questions for them, you can leave them on the site (link below), tweet them to @SLinkFM, or post them right here in this thread.

http://slinkfm.com/2013/07/24/post-evo-podcast-episode-with-dacidbro-and-logic-hole-records-this-friday-send-us-questions/

Any general questions can be posted here as well or you can PM myself or Levito. As always, thanks for listening. We love recording the show and we love that people are enjoying it. Stay up.

Ask them what they believe makes the top tier characters in Persona 4 Arena so good, and what could be done to Kanji to make him a better character.

urge to ask question about Bananamerica... rising...

man that was too hilarious

I'll try to think of a serious question then post it here. Looking forward to listening to the episode

Andrefpvs

Some tips for Persona fans who are fighting game newbies would be appreciated.

I don't think I'll ever clear Score Attack and Challenge modes :/

Levito

Banned
Some tips for Persona fans who are fighting game newbies would be appreciated.

I don't think I'll ever clear Score Attack and Challenge modes :/

The previous episode with Dacidbro kinda of answered this already, but yeah we'll ask all the same. :)

May The Thirst Never End

8e4PDeL.gif

Levito

Banned

(Click image for episode post, show is still on itunes of course)

The annual EVO Championship Tournament in Las Vegas is the grandest stage of them all for fighting games, and this year Persona 4: Arena was able to take center stage. In the quest to solidify S.Link FM as a Top Tier™ show, we've once again sought the assistance of the legendary Dacidbro, who taught us all a great deal on how to quench the thirst that was all too present at EVO 2013. Well known streamer and tournament organizer Logic Hole was also kind enough to join this weeks show as well. Finally Armada and MoTheHawk tell us all about how they fared in the P4: A tournament. This was probably our funniest show yet, and by the end you too will be a believer in BananAmerica.

PK Gaming

Just finished this episode, my god.

You guys know I love my PersonaGAF peeps, but DacidBro in particular was such a fantastic panelist, good god. He pretty much never leaves the viewer hanging and elaborates and pretty much everything (including the story behind "the thirst is real" which is fucking hilarious and cute)

It didn't disappoint, definitely one of my all time favorites. (I say that a lot, but my thirst was very real)

Serious question : Is it a podcast that covers everything Persona related or is it the kind of podcast made by fans that started with 3 and only discuss the last two games while shitting on the rest?

If it's the latter then I'll give it a listen.

Levito

Banned
Serious question : Is it a podcast that covers everything Persona related or is it the kind of podcast made by fans that started with 3 and only discuss the last two games while shitting on the rest?

No we don't "shit on the rest", the panelists change all the time, and many of them are big fans of P1 + P2. There's more focus on P3 + P4 but that's mostly because they're more readily available.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

LOL. I've only listened to the first episode and the Teddy Interview, but most of the panel are heavy P3/4 adopters. Only one of the crew(forget who) is able to really discuss P1/2 in any real capacity, and does so for a section in Ep. 1. Glowingly though...(except P1 which gets some hate)

But it's clear P3/4 are what these guys are most passionate about and focus most heavily on. I've enjoyed the two episodes I've tried so far, and will catch up with the rest.

I would like to hear more about P1/2 though as P3/4 are discussed to death as is, plus more exposure for the older games is always good. Particularly P2 I suppose.

LOL. I've only listened to the first episode and the Teddy Interview, but most of the panel are heavy P3/4 adopters. Only one of the crew(forget who) is able to really discuss P1/2 in any real capacity, and does so for a section in Ep. 1. Glowingly though...(except P1 which gets some hate)

But it's clear P3/4 are what these guys are most passionate about and focus most heavily on. I've enjoyed the two episodes I've tried so far, and will catch up with the rest.

I would like to hear more about P1/2 though as P3/4 are discussed to death as is, plus more exposure for the older games is always good. Particularly P2 I suppose.

I've listened to a few Persona podcasts and the guys were either ignoring the series roots or just downright bashing Persona 1/2 and deeming them awful because they're not like 3 and 4.

IMO a Persona podcast that doesn't cover the entire series is ridiculous, availability or not. I'll give it a try though.

Levito

Banned
I've listened to a few Persona podcasts and the guys were either ignoring the series roots or just downright bashing Persona 1/2 and deeming them awful because they're not like 3 and 4.

IMO a Persona podcast that doesn't cover the entire series is ridiculous, availability or not. I'll give it a try though.

We don't bash P1/2 or ignore them, far from it, the mind games episode spoke on SMT at large well beyond Persona, same with the New Days episode. Sure there's a greater affinity for P3/4 cause that's what a lot of us started with. Few episodes aren't even about P3/4 but P4 Arena, the anime adaptations and so on, we try to encompass everything, it's not just a P3/4 show, though it's hardly 'ridiculous' if those titles get more attention.

I've been trying to organize an episode specifically about fans of P3/4 revisiting P2 specifically for some time now, organizing the right people for an episode takes time though.

We don't bash P1/2 or ignore them, far from it, the mind games episode spoke on SMT at large well beyond Persona, same with the New Days episode. Sure there's a greater affinity for P3/4 cause that's what a lot of us started with.

I've been trying to organize an episode specifically about fans of P3/4 revisiting P2 specifically for some time now.

I wasn't refering to this podcast though, just the others that exist out there. Can't judge a podcast without listening to it first. Don't worry man, I'm sure you're doing your best to give the other games in the series some exposure and I appreciate it.

Levito

Banned
I wasn't refering to this podcast though, just the others that exist out there. Can't judge a podcast without listening to it first. Don't worry man, I'm sure you're doing your best to give the other games in the series some exposure and I appreciate it.

Try listening to the Mind Games episode. :)

Squire

Banned
We don't have anything against the older games. Everybody likes and respects the series in it's entirety, but everyone has their favorites and preferences, which is why we try to rotate people and in general cover broad topics that encompass the series or SMT or even Atlus as a whole; that's our effort to be inclusive.

That said, we have to find people who work on a podcast or want to be on one at all and that's combined with the fact the earlier games are sort of at a disadvantage with mind share. The four people most consistently on the show (Levito, Armada, myself, and CJ Iwakura) have pretty varied taste with regards to the series throughout. We can't help the newer games are more popular, better selling, better reviewed, etc etc. We're trying to interview voice actors regularly. is it our failt Persona 1 & 2 basically have none? Things like that are out of our hands. but we make an honest effort to do a show for everybody and pay respect where and when it's due.

Please give us a fair shake.

We don't have anything against the older games. Everybody likes and respects the series in it's entirety, but everyone has their favorites and preferences, which is why we try to rotate people and in general cover broad topics that encompass the series or SMT or even Atlus as a whole; that's our effort to be inclusive.

That said, we have to find people who work on a podcast or want to be on one at all and that's combined with the fact the earlier games are sort of at a disadvantage with mind share. The four people most consistently on the show (Levito, Armada, myself, and CJ Iwakura) have pretty varied taste with regards to the series throughout. We can't help the newer games are more popular, better selling, better reviewed, etc etc. We're trying to interview voice actors regularly. is it our failt Persona 1 & 2 basically have none? Things like that are out of our hands. but we make an honest effort to do a show for everybody and pay respect where and when it's due.

Please give us a fair shake.

But what do popularity and sales have to do with anything? I'll admit that 3 and 4 are a lot more mainstream than the rest, but that doesn't make them unworthy of discussion among fans.

And Persona 2 has voice actors and hell, Yukiko's VA has done work in the original version of Eternal Punishment.

Squire

Banned
But what do popularity and sales have to do with anything? I'll admit that 3 and 4 are a lot more mainstream than the rest, but that doesn't make them unworthy of discussion among fans.

And Persona 2 has voice actors and hell, Yukiko's VA has done work in the original version of Eternal Punishment.

Popularity and sales lead to better exposure. Persona 4 owes a lot of it's standing to very strong word-of-mouth. "The JRPG for people who hate JRPGs", if you will.

I meant they don't to the extent 3 and 4 do. I know they had voice actors, but the voices in those games were used incidentally, whereas as 3 and 4 have much, much more spoken lines and the recording process was far more involved (including oversight from Atlus Japan.)

It's things like that we can do nothing about. The fans of the older games are in the minority in an already niche fanbase. It's not because there's some effort on the part of fans of the newer games to make it/keep it that way (which is why we include everyone as often as we can); it's just the way the chips fell.

Levito

Banned

Like I said, we shake up the content all the time. The most recent episode is all about P4: A at EVO. :)

Squire

Banned
Ask her whether it was harder to play a robot or a little girl, and which one she had the most fun playing.

Also, which one took longer to record, Persona 4 or Virtue's Last Reward?

Top Bottom