• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sacred Symbols |OT| PS, I Still Love You

What people are forgetting is Colin always been critical of PS, that is what a true fans is, critical of the brand because they want the best for them and the rest of the gamers. Fanboys do not care, they will give excuses for the brand.

That is why we have console wars. So yeah most people here will not see the video and just use it for ammo against the "other team"
Bullshit.

A true fan shows faith in the brand and that it will deliver as it has been doing so for the last 2 decades.

A true fan is in touch with reality and knows that Covid has affected everything from stock shortages to development times for games. All reliable insiders are saying most games are heavily delayed because of this but I don't need a fucking insider to tell me that. Logic and reasoning in today's current climate with a pandemic on our hands tells me enough.

A true fan will also understand that PS and Xbox roadmaps for both consoles may have been seriously affected by Covid.

A true fan will also know that both platforms doesn't have any compelling software and won't for a year or more. See reason above.

Imagine caring about console wars in 2021.
787242.jpg

Zeroing

Banned
Bullshit.

A true fan shows faith in the brand and that it will deliver as it has been doing so for the last 2 decades.

A true fan is in touch with reality and knows that Covid has affected everything from stock shortages to development times for games. All reliable insiders are saying most games are heavily delayed because of this but I don't need a fucking insider to tell me that. Logic and reasoning in today's current climate with a pandemic on our hands tells me enough.

A true fan will also understand that PS and Xbox roadmaps for both consoles may have been seriously affected by Covid.

A true fan will also know that both platforms doesn't have any compelling software and won't for a year or more. See reason above.
I was joking about what the other guy wrote.

This whole video gave me a big WTF face especially when it came to mentioning those fucking games which pretty much was a disaster on PS3.

What self respecting PS fan will try to spin fucking Lair as a positive. Jesus christ.
Lair and Folklore🤣
Can still feel the disappointment I had with these two games...

2020 for PlayStation was insane, that single years exclusives, beat Xbox output for past 10 years.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
In the 10 minute clip, Colin spoke for like 9 minutes and 40 seconds. The guy in the white shirt said maybe two paragraphs.

And then at the end, Colin asks the white shirt guy if you got closing comments. lol

Bullshit.

A true fan believes in

Jim Fucking Ryan

bender

What time is it?
I stopped at "I know we are going to get the games". It's weird how much people are buying into Microsoft rumors and the promise of future games. I don't think either platform has set themselves apart from one another with Exclusives, but Sony has brought more games to the table to date: Astrobot, Demon Souls, Destruction All-Stars and Returnal and R&C around the corner. Xbox Series platform has The Medium and ??? with Halo and Flight Sim around the corner.

Lair and Folklore🤣
Can still feel the disappointment I had with these two games...

2020 for PlayStation was insane, that single years exclusives, beat Xbox output for past 10 years.

Folding@Home and Everybody's Golf import kept my PS3 usage going for the first year. lol

Last edited:

RasAlGhoul

I’m generally surprised how many people pay to support or in general spend their time listening to other people’s opinions on games via podcast.

There’s so much better audio content you could consume. Spend your money on an audible subscription.

Last edited:

Isa

Man some serious TrueFanTM E-peen measuring going on in here. Any ounce of criticism must be considered an act of blatant heresy. I personally feel Colin has some valid points of concern. Hyperbolic? Perhaps, but at least he can use a few more words to describe his point other than trash or shit. I think that there are several sides and takes to this situation, and each is valid. I share a lot of what Colin's views are, and feel that we are from that first gen. The 32bit era was like the wild west from developers, so much was possible and over the years Sony kept bringing a multipronged attack in value for the consumer. Now, not so much. Their choosing to not participate in E3 and such was a bummer, and I feel that their State of Plays are fairly bland sadly. They lack that oomph, though they may grow better at using social media. But this auto-dismissal of any dissenting opinion isn't healthy either. Discontinuing their PSN stores for PS3/PSP/Vita is also a pretty major blow for some of us who wish Sony would do better, their contribution to gaming cannot be understated, and game preservation is important. Sadly Sony's messaging is weak and I doubt I will support them much digitally if at all in the future, especially if I can find a multiplat game on a storefront that I have more faith in.

There's nothing wrong with a gamer/fan/whatever admitting worry or frustration with the direction or actions a company, product or team may be taking.

VAVA Mk2

More xbox propaganda right?

Edit: If anyone is too young to know. Colin was one of the founders of the biggest gaming podcast (Podcast Beyond!) and known PlayStation fan, this is a clip from Sacred Symbols, arguably the biggest PS podcast.

Not a random youtube clickbait channel.

Last I checked the Super Sony Fans are the ones posting doom and gloom. Your brand is not dying. Jim Ryan sucks but Playstation will be OK.

bender

What time is it?
I’m generally surprised how many people pay to support or in general spend their time listening to other people’s opinions on games via podcast.

There’s so much better audio content you could consume. Spend your money on an audible subscription.

Gaming was at the forefront of podcasts and people supporting and spending time on their hobby isn't surprising. Why post on a gaming message could as easily be asked.

More xbox propaganda right?

Edit: If anyone is too young to know. Colin was one of the founders of the biggest gaming podcast (Podcast Beyond!) and known PlayStation fan, this is a clip from Sacred Symbols, arguably the biggest PS podcast.

Not a random youtube clickbait channel.

First off anyone who's "worried" about PlayStation is crazy, they are the one most people are still interested in (by far) they have the big established IP and are willing to create new ones (Days Gone, Horizon, Ghost of Tsushima) they have the organization and the global appeal to continue to dominate. Anyone who keeps bringing up game pass as this equalizer that's going to even the playing field is fooling themselves, GP is fine but it's been around for almost 4 years and MS has released 3 whole AAA games in that time two of which were racing games and one was another Gears sequel. The service its self is mostly old xbox one games and a lot of 360 games, if you are going to join just to keep looking for something to try that's one thing but they don't have much of anything that makes me think "damn that service is great I need to be a part of it" I have subscribed to it twice on two different trials and cancelled before the rebill because there was nothing there that I wanted to play that I didn't already own. I did get to play Crackdown 3 for $1 and Gears 5 for $2 so I guess I came out ahead there, glad I didn't pay more for Gears 5 that campaign was AWFUL.

I know MS has more studios now but quite a few of them were AA studios who were struggling and many of them probably were in danger of closing in a year or two if they hadn't been picked up and a couple more only worked on xbox games anyway, am I supposed to think those studios are going to magically bring me the games that I just have to play ever two or three months to keep me subscribed throughout the year? Bethesda's studios are fine I guess, I got sick of Doom and Wolfenstien pretty fast and the exclusive PS5 games they are making do nothing for me. I am curious about ES6 but that's years away and by the time that comes out we'll probably be on refresh consoles and I'll pick up an xbox then for that game and hopefully fable if it's good, still wouldn't see a need to sign up to game pass.

Last I checked the Super Sony Fans are the ones posting doom and gloom. Your brand is not dying. Jim Ryan sucks but Playstation will be OK.
They just want clicks, people love to spread "worry/concern" on forums and these clowns just parrot it all back to get those people to watch and validate their feelings.

A true fan believes in

Jim Fucking Ryan
I mean he has turned Europe into fortress PlayStation as one of his accomplishments and worked his way up the chain over a 20 year career with the brand.
I will believe in someone who has a track record of improving the brand. Otherwise why was he then promoted to lead one of Sony's most valuable and prized divisions.

I sincerely hope your post was sarcasm.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
They just want clicks, people love to spread "worry/concern" on forums and these clowns just parrot it all back to get those people to watch and validate their feelings.

There is certainly a mindshare shift in the, to be charitable, let's call it the hardcore audience and media (as evidenced by Colin) towards Microsoft's messaging. Some of that is a credit towards how Phil Spencer is captaining his ship and some of that is some of the not-so fan favorite moves by Jim Ryan/Sony and how relatively quiet they've been. What does that mean in the console race? We probably will not know that until we are past hardware shortages which will most likely not occur until 2023+. The Playstation Brand is strong and they even salvaged the launch woes of the PS3 but this generation could end up more competitive. Jim Ryan's probably a fine business man but probably not the right guy for this moment from a messaging standpoint.

People like to go at the King so to speak, but it's weird to have so much faith in Microsoft who really just selling hopes and dreams right now.

Nubulax

I stopped at "I know we are going to get the games". It's weird how much people are buying into Microsoft rumors and the promise of future games. I don't think either platform has set themselves apart from one another with Exclusives, but Sony has brought more games to the table to date: Astrobot, Demon Souls, Destruction All-Stars and Returnal and R&C around the corner. Xbox Series platform has The Medium and ??? with Halo and Flight Sim around the corner.

Folding@Home and Everybody's Golf import kept my PS3 usage going for the first year. lol

The funny part is...Flight Sim is ALREADY out ... just.. for PC ... since.. August.. yet nowhere to be found on the console

i agree with him 100 percent, i dont feel like next gen has hit yet, maybe im getting older and becoming less interested but ps4 ps3 ps2 era i was actually way more excited turning the console , with ps5 is the exact feeeling i have " whatever".

RasAlGhoul

Gaming was at the forefront of podcasts and people supporting and spending time on their hobby isn't surprising. Why post on a gaming message could as easily be asked.

Look at my post history. I very rarely do. This hold about the same amount of value. I use GAF as a news tracker 99% of the time.

i agree with him 100 percent, i dont feel like next gen has hit yet, maybe im getting older and becoming less interested but ps4 ps3 ps2 era i was actually way more excited turning the console , with ps5 is the exact feeeling i have " whatever".
Covid? And no you're not getting older.

I don't know but it seems like most of you have forgotten the threat of a contagious virus that has brought almost everything to a standstill for the last year and a bit.

Surely this has impacted game development cycles and is the reason for delays upon delays and radio silence on game announcements.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
They dont do E3's anymore. They skipped the last two and arent doing this year's either.

But they do have State of Play videos which come out at random times. So right now, those are their biggest showcase videos.
Yea, I know they aren't at E3 anymore but I thought they were doing some big announcement thing in a few months. I might be mistaken.

Covid? And no you're not getting older.

I don't know but it seems like most of you have forgotten the threat of a contagious virus that has brought almost everything to a standstill for the last year and a bit.

Surely this has impacted game development cycles and is the reason for delays upon delays and radio silence on game announcements.

Transitioning to work from home was an absolute nightmare for us. Projects were pushed back months.

Can't imagine what it's been like for something as tech heavy as game development

Last edited:

Dr Bass

Man honestly, who gives a :messenger_poop: what Jeff Grubb thinks other successful people need to do? I think Grubb needs to find a profession where he actually creates value for others instead of just sitting around consuming and judging others who are way more accomplished than he will ever hope to be in his entire lifetime.

So tired of armchair critics with zero ability. Like, literally zero.

Rat Rage

PS5 will excite the world with new & unique gaming experiences once more - just you wait and see! Fans will storm the shopping malls by the thousands as soon as enough stock is available.

Hezekiah

Banned
"When your competitor has interesting personalities that go on podcasts."

Does he think it's still April Fools?nXbox has some of the cringiest shills (Colt Eastwood for example) and marketing (Xbox roundtable) out there.

But Sony is having a lot of bad weeks on GAF and Forbes despite having the fastest-selling console ever.

Transitioning to work from home was an absolute nightmare for us. Projects were pushed back months.

Can't imagine what it's been like for something as tech heavy as game development
Yeap.

I'm in IT and we had people literally yanking their monitors off their stands in the office and shoving them into the trunks of their cars to work from home.
Long lines of users needing keyboards, cables and other shit. Our call volumes went through the roof cause users didn't know what a VPN was and how to connect to it.
Some dude didn't even know what a router was.

March - May 2020 was complete and utter chaos for our department as we scrambled to setup users to work from home.

I've always thought it must be twice as hard for game developers to make the transition since they must be working with specialized kit. Here in the office a bog standard HP laptop and shitty old Samsung monitor will do the job.

Summary or just doom?
90% DOOM because he complains about following:

- Xbox has more money to throw around and this is exposing Sony.
- PlayStation more vulnerable now because of the above.
- Xbox tweets more. More vocal with the fans.
- Turns on PS5 and I doesn't see anything he wants to play or can't get excited for anything.
- Sony games are being delayed. Sony can't manufacture enough consoles to sell.
- Mentions Lair and Haze as positives for Sony during that era <------ I legit LOL'ed for this one.

Valid point and warranted criticism for PS:
- PS3/Vita fiasco is not acceptable

So 90% rambling about nonsense and 10% valid criticism. Also he lets the other guy in the white t-shirt only have like 2 sentences in the whole 10 minute video and asks for his thoughts right at the end. Fucking crazy.

Last edited:

On Demand

Banned
We know everything about PS5 future. They announced a ton of games already. Games are out now with more on the way, as he noted.

It’s dumb and very picky to be wondering about what’s coming after those games right now. Like really dumb. Since when was an entire generation lineup announced at the beginning of the generation?????? What are people on lately.

Instead maybe everybody should be asking about the future of the console with absolutely no exclusive first party games being released still. It’s crazy how this is ignored for FUD about PS5.

What a very sad gaming landscape we are in where the platform with an abundance of first party games and studios who are known for quality gets doubted and garbage articles and low class journalist opinions get posted over and over.

At this point people are just following the current narrative cause that’s all they can do at this moment. Just know that none of it is based on any type of common sense on objective facts. NONE.

Carry on with the FUD.....

Last edited:

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
90% DOOM because he complains about following:

- Xbox has more money to throw around and this is exposing Sony.
- PlayStation more vulnerable now because of the above.
- Xbox tweets more. More vocal with the fans.
- Turns on PS5 and I doesn't see anything he wants to play or can't get excited for anything.
- Sony games are being delayed. Sony can't manufacture enough consoles to sell.
- Mentions Lair and Haze as positives for Sony during that era.

Valid point and warranted criticism for PS:
- PS3/Vita fiasco is not acceptable

So 90% rambling about nonsense and 10% valid criticism. Also he lets the other guy in the white t-shirt only have like 2 sentences in the whole 10 minute video and asks for his thoughts right at the end. Fucking crazy.
Thanks. I can barely rub two brain cells together because of these threads. lol

Top Bottom