• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

Maximo

Its sad cause hes not going to change hes going to double down now and continue down the path, hes going to have an audience but its going to be a hateful one, but hey if this means more Tim/Kevin im all for it.

Maximo

Glad the community will get better now some of shit in the subreddit is clearly evident of the kind of people Colins views bring in.

Vinc

You could tell he was in his element there, I expect him to start doing something in a similar vein.

Going from a podcast where everyone has different views to a show where people all agree with each other would suck. They had something that worked for me as a viewer, and I can't really imagine it being better any other way. We'll see, though.

D i Z

So if this show does die, what would be a PlayStation exclusive alternative? Something that is weekly and goes through similar categories?

Why would it need to be exclusive? They only went PS only for this one because it was familiar ground, and they sure weren't enjoying doing it. Nobody should have been going to PSILY for exclusive news. They aren't that focused.

Edit: I read that wrong. I haven't personally found a PS only podcast that was level enough on criticism that I can gel with.

I think if you like Playstation games your best option besides the blog cast is Game informer. They are console heavy for sure and discuss a lot of the games Gaffers would be interested in like FFXV, Nioh Nier, Uncharted game club, Yakuza, other JRPGs, etc. A lot of which never got any time on KF. Plus they use time stamps so you could skip any game discussion you don't like.

As for KF, I feel like I should watch the stream they just did but I know it's going to be depressing.

Icolin

Banned
bJOkFIV.png

Druckmann strikes AGAIN. First Amy Hennig, then Bruce Straley, then Christophe Balestra, and now Colin Moriarty.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Show spawned out of an era not really done anymore.

Major sites tried to do beat writing so to speak for a bit in the mid 00s to try and capture audiences. That's why people hired around then like Colin and Greg got on the PlayStation beat.

Sites stopped doing that a while ago for a variety of reasons. IGN just never got rid of their podcasts. Yet everyone is on everything these days.

So unless it's fan driven or something that is from a fan site ala say RFN from NWR you won't really get Sony, MS, or Nintendo specific shows from the big sites these days.

My honest reaction to this? Good riddance. Colin will go off and do some politics crap and I won't ever have to hear or see him ever again. He can take that trash alt-right nutjob audience with him and stop poisoning this fanbase with crazies.

It sucks that PSILY will probably end, but with Colin leaving nothing of value was lost. He hasn't given a single shit about ANY of Kinda Funny's shows for at least six months, and Colin Was Right is simply him spewing the same arguments he's spewed on Gamescast and this show over and over again.

Hopefully they can pick up Clements, or even Vince considering he literally just got laid off from IGN.

Brock2621

My honest reaction to this? Good riddance. Colin will go off and do some politics crap and I won't ever have to hear or see him ever again. He can take that trash alt-right nutjob audience with him and stop poisoning this fanbase with crazies.

It sucks that PSILY will probably end, but with Colin leaving nothing of value was lost. He hasn't given a single shit about ANY of Kinda Funny's shows for at least six months, and Colin Was Right is simply him spewing the same arguments he's spewed on Gamescast and this show over and over again.

Hopefully they can pick up Clements, or even Vince considering he literally just got laid off from IGN.

I don't get this logic, people came to "Kinda Funny Games" for.... wait for it.... GAMES. If a subset of the audience has crossover alignment in political or sociological ideaologies (many did), then neato; but a huge majority of their audience is there for gaming commentary. So that "trash" of people you are describing will probably still be consuming this, or other gaming content you probably listen to.

I don't get this logic, people came to "Kinda Funny Games" for.... wait for it.... GAMES. If a subset of the audience has crossover alignment in political or sociological ideaologies (many did), then neato; but a huge majority of their audience is there for gaming commentary. So that "trash" of people you are describing will probably still be consuming this, or other gaming content you probably listen to.

Yeaaaaaah no. The alt-right crazies that have been filling the comments recently are literally only there for Colin. Go look at any of the comments sections on recent Morning Shows, GameOverGreggy or Gamescast videos that don't have Colin in them and there are plenty of comments that say "No Colin? Skip."

they have two subsections, KindaFunny and KindaFunnyGames. They talked politics a lot with KindaFunny.

Charamiwa

Banned
In light of this news I'm realising that I'm looking forward to ignore Colin forever. I've never hated him, in fact sometimes I really enjoyed listening to him, but more and more his attitude was rubbing me the wrong way (on top of his behaviour on social media). I mean just today they have a gamecast segment dedicated to Colin's first impression on Zelda, and he couldn't be fucked articuling more than three sentences about the game, and the level was abysmal. "I'm still early. So far I think Horizon is better. I read a lot about it, I know people love it." and that was it and Greg and Tim had to fill the rest of the segment. And it wasn't the first time something like that happened, but it's fitting that it's happening again today.

On the other hand, I'm liking Tim more and more, his attitude is always positive and measured. He's the one that talks the most about games too, thank god he was there for Final Fantasy XV, The Last Guardian, Pokémon Sun/Moon... And Greg is always more and less great depending on the context.

So long Colin, I'm not gonna miss hearing every year "I think every FPS should play like Call of Duty "

In light of this news I'm realising that I'm looking forward to ignore Colin forever. I've never hated him, in fact sometimes I really enjoyed listening to him, but more and more his attitude was rubbing me the wrong way (on top of his behaviour on social media). I mean just today they have a gamecast segment dedicated to Colin's first impression on Zelda, and he couldn't be fucked articuling more than three sentences about the game, and the level was abysmal. "I'm still early. So far I think Horizon is better. I read a lot about it, I know people love it." and that was it and Greg and Tim had to fill the rest of the segment. And it wasn't the first time something like that happened, but it's fitting that it's happening again today.

On the other hand, I'm liking Tim more and more, his attitude is always positive and measured. He's the one that talks the most about games too, thank god he was there for Final Fantasy XV, The Last Guardian, Pokémon Sun/Moon... And Greg is always more and less great depending on the context.

So long Colin, I'm not gonna miss hearing every year "I think every FPS should play like Call of Duty "

This is the key thing, I think. Clearly he just does not give a fuck about video games anymore. The Kinda Funny subreddit is blowing up about him leaving and I've seen a lot of people saying that he was the most interesting one to listen to.

What I ask is; how was he the most interesting to listen to? What has he said in the past year that has been engaging? Horizon is one of the only games I can think of that he actually discussed past more than a few sentences. He obviously just wants to talk about politics.

Mezoly

Am I only the only who is a little upset about the character assassination going on in the gaming side thread?
I think Colin leaving is better for KF because of his zealot fans and his negativity among other things. But people on that thread are calling him racist, bigot, fabricating quotes, and connecting dots where there aren't any.

This is the key thing, I think. Clearly he just does not give a fuck about video games anymore. The Kinda Funny subreddit is blowing up about him leaving and I've seen a lot of people saying that he was the most interesting one to listen to.

What I ask is; how was he the most interesting to listen to? What has he said in the past year that has been engaging? Horizon is one of the only games I can think of that he actually discussed past more than a few sentences. He obviously just wants to talk about politics.

I think he was the most interesting person to listen to. Keyword is Was. As in the Beyond days, not the past 14-15 months were he clearly lost some passion for games. I think those people are still using memories of that Colin and not the Colin that talked about Zelda, FF15, and TLG.

Icolin

Banned
Is Colin actually on the GOG they recorded this week? Kevin posted photos of the recording and it was Greg, Nick, Tim and Sisqo.

Greg said he was supposed to be on GOG on the Morning Show.

I'd guess that the Sisqo episode and Colin episode are two separate entities.

Am I only the only who is a little upset about the character assassination going on in the gaming side thread?
I think Colin leaving is better for KF because of his zealot fans and his negativity among other things. But people on that thread are calling him racist, bigot, fabricating quotes, and connecting dots where there aren't any.

I think he was the most interesting person to listen to. Keyword is Was. As in the Beyond days, not the past 14-15 months were he clearly lost some passion for games. I think those people are still using memories of that Colin and not the Colin that talked about Zelda, FF15, and TLG.

Yeah, but that's the internet. It sucks and its unfortunate but when your Colin and say the things he does you're going to create enemies.

Is Colin actually on the GOG they recorded this week? Kevin posted photos of the recording and it was Greg, Nick, Tim and Sisqo.

Yeah. I assume they are recording the Sisqo one, as it was pre-scheduled and then will record the Colin one later this week (I think I heard them say Wednesday during The Morning Show).

Alo0oy

Banned

There is a reason those type of people like Colin so much. I'm not saying Colin has similar views, but his positions definitely attracts them.

Mezoly

There is a reason those type of people like Colin so much. I'm not saying Colin has similar views, but his positions definitely attracts them.

I 100% agree. I hoped he would notice that. I hoped that he notices that his followers are using terms used by alt-right and Gamergate and start to think that maybe the side I'm saying have sympathy towards is actually full of deplorable people.

Thorrgal

I predict the guys are gonna feel betrayed by Colin and gonna have a fallout sooner rather than later.

Gref and Colin won't be living toguether and he'll appear less and less on the shows...

What's going on over there is pretty damn disgusting, as expected the narrative went from "Colin is a dick" to "Colin is an alt right nazi"

If enough people say it, it's easier to slander people, it's funny because they say all this crap, yet those same posters are the same people KindaFunny wouldn't want in their community (judging by their morning show podcast yesterday).

Colin reminds me of total biscuit, dude never has a problem saying what's on his mind, to me that's refreshing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SZXZQOFYcFM

As far as PS I Love You, they need someone like Colin as a replacement, someone like Colin who loves Sony but isn't afraid to be negative about Sony (like he was about the Pro after it was announced)

People like that also generally end up saying a lot of dumb, ignorant shit that they didn't think things through. Not a positive trait imo.
That once again boils down to your opinion, what you call ignorant and dumb, I consider it something that needs to be said. If everyone agreed in everything the world would be a spooky village of the damned type place.

Top Bottom