• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sailor Moon Community Thread: She Blinded Me With Science!

Ayumi

tumblr_noon0tXaYL1r8lde5o1_500.jpg

tumblr_nonpojqWPl1r8lde5o1_500.png

Source: http://uberchain.tumblr.com/post/119465684589/

Razmos

Mako was always my favourite, with Rei in second, Ami in third and Minako in fourth.
I never really cared for Minako until Crystal, and now I probably rank her second.

And if we are counting Outer Senshi, the order probably goes:

Uranus
Pluto
Jupiter
Neptune
Venus
Saturn
Mars
Mercury

Bladenic

Random, but I love the banner on Hulu for Sailor Moon S, it's really nice. Is it new?

Although it kinda sucks for new fans, since it shows Uranus and Neptune holding the Space Sword and Submarine Mirror, Sailor Moon holding the Holy Grail (I suppose that's not a HUGE spoiler without knowing what it is or what it looks like), and Sailor Saturn.

MikeMyers

Out of the original five I always liked Ami best, she doesn't get enough love in Crystal.

Funny you say that. Ami and Makoto's episodes of Crystal are the only ones I can imagine watching again.

PGSM: Venus > Mars > Jupiter > Moon > Mercury > Luna
Manga: Mars > Saturn > Moon > Jupiter > Pluto > Mercury > Venus > Neptune > Chibiusa > Uranus
Anime: Jupiter > Mars > Saturn > Venus > Mercury > Moon > Pluto > Neptune > Chibiusa > Uranus

Funny you say that. Ami and Makoto's episodes of Crystal are the only ones I can imagine watching again.

PGSM: Venus > Mars > Jupiter > Moon > Mercury > Luna
Manga: Mars > Saturn > Moon > Jupiter > Pluto > Mercury > Venus > Neptune > Chibiusa > Uranus
Anime: Jupiter > Mars > Saturn > Venus > Mercury > Moon > Pluto > Neptune > Chibiusa > Uranus

For the purposes of Minako in the manga are you including or excluding Sailor V?

MikeMyers

I didn't include it, but in retrospective, I probably should have. She was great in that. Didn't make too much of an impression in the Moon manga.

tumblr_inline_nozuoi1q481tocqhz_500.gif

I didn't include it, but in retrospective, I probably should have. She was great in that. Didn't make too much of an impression in the Moon manga.

tumblr_inline_nozuoi1q481tocqhz_500.gif

Yeah. On the one hand I have a fairly strong image of manga Minako, but on the other I realize that it's pretty much 100% from Sailor V and the various side stories rather than the main manga Sailor Moon. It's pretty weird.

MikeMyers

I completely agree there. Short stories has been a lot of fun so far. Looks like the next one is Hotaru/Chibiusa-themed, can't wait.

MikeMyers

HomerSimpson.png

Well, the manga does move at a much faster pace, giving less room for the girls to develop. Although, we did occasionally get solo chapters dedicated to them in the main story.

Come to think of it, last Crystal episode was the first time we saw Ami and Rei in three months. Jeez.

Well, the manga does move at a much faster pace, giving less room for the girls to develop. Although, we did occasionally get solo chapters dedicated to them in the main story.

Come to think of it, last Crystal episode was the first time we saw Ami and Rei in three months. Jeez.

Well, at least the first time we've seen them do anything. And, to be fair, that wasn't helped by the fact that Crystal is releasing at a glacial pace.

MikeMyers

Finally read the Chibiusa/Hotaru side story. Seems like Hotaru was given a Rei-type personality for it. Kinda shame you barely see them interact after S in the anime.

CorvoSol

Sailor Moon S 118
So 50% of Sailor Moon S fuckin' blows and is easily the worst season of the show.

All of that awful is centered on the fact that there are 3 hilariously awful characters who suck so bad they make douchey R Mamoru look cool. I'm talkin, of course, about the insufferable Bitches Three.

Let's meet scummy, worthless bitch number 1!

Sailor Nobody has no personality, no backstory, and no lines. She's a fuckin' waste and I'm appalled that anybody, let alone characters in this series, have any interest in this watered down, worthless, Chinese knock off of Ami. She's spared from further hate only because there's nothin to her character beyond bein less relevant than fuckin Naru is at this point.

But fuck her all the same for takin time that could've been spent on Naru. Or Umino. Or fuckin' Rhett Butler.

Let's move on to awful bitch number 2.

"The Outer Scouts have more power than the inners! Which they use to battle enemies from beyond the Solar System!"

Which is why, presumably, this stupid asshole did jack shit durin R, instead forcin' a little kid to run terrified. And also why she was so fuckin dumb she nearly killed Sailor Moon in R and caused a hilarious rift in space and time.

Or why she's so fuckin' stupid she KNOWS SAILOR MOON IS ThE FUTURE QUEEN AND RULER OF ThE WORLD BUT SOMEhOW DOESN'T ThINK ShE CAN hANDLE FUCKIN DAIMON AND ISN'T JESUS.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOU. Sailor Puta can step on a damn land mine.

But she's still nothin compared to the Bitch Queen of Angmar herself.

Sailor Anus is an awful person and frankly deserves to be kneed in the face until no human ever has to remember that someone so incredibly douchey ever existed.

Moon and company jump into a vortex to save children this episode and, as Pluto remarks "Oh no they could become trapped!" Anus says "IT WOULD BE BETTER IF SO."

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK Anus and Neptune. Seriously. Fuck these awful characters. ALL FUCKIN SEASON they did little more than be Lesbian Tuxedo Mask rip-offs and now they've evolved into majestic bitchterflies for no reason. Anus was all "UR NOT JESUS SAILOR MOON CUZ I SAID SO U CAN KEEP DA CUP FOR NOW AND I SAY U CAN KEEP IT LIKE ITS MINE" But it fuckin isn't. Moon saved their lives and now all they do is pose like the cardboard cut outs they always were.

Seriously S is nearly broken by just how awful the Outers are. Fuckin' S1 villains were more heroic and had more depth than these three dorks.

But at least S is saved by one man. One beautiful, wonderful man who nearly erases the awful that is Sailor Anus every time he is on screen.

Mystifies me that a show as awful as Sailor Moon S can spawn characters as entertainin and enjoyable as the Tomoe family and lab assistants. Thank the heavens for it, tho, cuz otherwise I'd drop S like the diseased anus it is.

MikeMyers

I had similar reactions to the S season as you did, although I think the reset on Usagi's development was the worst aspect for me. Still, Saturn was handled well, as was Chibiusa.

The next season doesn't feature the Outers for the most part, but it's pretty Chibiusa-centric, which might be a problem if you don't like her.

Cheerilee

But at least S is saved by one man. One beautiful, wonderful man who nearly erases the awful that is Sailor Anus every time he is on screen.

Mystifies me that a show as awful as Sailor Moon S can spawn characters as entertainin and enjoyable as the Tomoe family and lab assistants. Thank the heavens for it, tho, cuz otherwise I'd drop S like the diseased anus it is.

Hotaru deserves special mention.

CorvoSol

I had similar reactions to the S season as you did, although I think the reset on Usagi's development was the worst aspect for me. Still, Saturn was handled well, as was Chibiusa.

The next season doesn't feature the Outers for the most part, but it's pretty Chibiusa-centric, which might be a problem if you don't like her.

honestly I've come to hate Chibiusa way less than I expected. As a kid I despised her, but R and S have been kind to her.

Hotaru deserves special mention.

Yeah, her interactions with Chibiusa save the season, aside from her amazin' daddy.

Bladenic

YES GOD THANK YOU CORVO I COMPLETELY AGREE

Except I generally like Pluto, even though yeah she's still kind of a bitch. But nothing like Uranus and Neptune, and what's worse, they're consistently made to look so awesome and so cool and they're so good at everything and better than the inner senshi when they're fucking not. Ugh, trash.

Chibi-Usa is at her best in S though, like she's actually alright. And I like the villains and Hotaru. Sailor Moon and R are probably my favorite seasons overall. S has the outers undeservedly hogging spotlight, while SuperS becomes Chibi-Usa and friends (plus bestiality). I don't necessarily care for the focus on the Starlights in Stars, but they're not as bad as Uranus and Neptune.

Also, I always cheer at episode 110 when they die. If only it could've remained that way.

MikeMyers

Hmm, is the Kaguya short story just the same of the S film? I skimmed through it today. I'll probably read it eventually, but I wanna prioritize the material that I'm not aware of.

Top Bottom