• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scarlet Nexus | Announcement Trailer | Xbox One

KàIRóS

I know Namco Bandai is the publisher who’s the developer?

0:16 is what you're looking for.

Bandai Namco Studios (Code Vein, Tales of, Tekken, Soul Calibur, etc.)

I don't think Bamco has ever said how they divide their studios but it looks a lot like a Shift game (Code Vein, God Eater) I think it might be them.

Lethal01

Looks really nice but for the love of god stop announcing these things with the dubs.

Doing so is the best way to make people immediatley stop talking about the games gameplay or great visuals and immediately start making fun of the terrible American trying to be Japanese voice acting.
It's really sad seeing so many nice game reveals getting over shadowed by bad acting.

Last edited:

blackjon24

0:16 is what you're looking for.

Bandai Namco Studios (Code Vein, Tales of, Tekken, Soul Calibur, etc.)

I don't think Bamco has ever said how they divide their studios but it looks a lot like a Shift game (Code Vein, God Eater) I think it might be them.

I think you’re right definitely has that shift style lol

Mista

Banned
About

In a far distant future, a psionic hormone was discovered in the human brain, granting people extra-sensory powers and changing the world as we know it.

Just as humanity was entering this new era, deranged mutants known as Others began to descend from the sky with a thirst for human brains. Highly resistant to conventional attack methods, extreme measures needed to be taken to battle the overwhelming threat and preserve humanity.

Those with acute extra-sensory abilities, known as psionics, were our chance to fight the onslaught from above. To this day, psionics have been scouted for their talents and recruited to the Other Suppression Force (OSF), humanity’s last line of defense.

Take on the role of Yuito Sumeragi, a new recruit to the OSF aiming to become an elite psionic like the one who saved him as a child. Armed with a talent in psycho-kinesis, explore the futuristic city of New Himuka and uncover the mysteries of a Brain Punk future caught between technology and psychic abilities in Scarlet Nexus.

Key Features

• Kinetic Psychic Combat – Using psycho-kinetic abilities, the world around you becomes your greatest weapon. Lift, break and throw pieces of your environment to build your attack combos and lay waste to your enemies.
  • Exterminate the Others – Deranged mutants that descended from the sky, highly resistant to conventional attack methods and defenses. Tormented by the constant pain of their mutation, they seek brains of living organisms to calm their madness.
  • Discover a Brain Punk Future – Explore and protect a futuristic Japanese landscape that combines inspirations from classic anime and western science fiction.
  • Deep Story Driven Experience – Dive into a complex story of bonds, courage and heroism crafted by minds behind the iconic Tales of Vesperia.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Why japanees makes everything so weird... fighting against flowers?
I'm in
latest

AWynqsL.jpg

EDMIX

I'm sure its also its coming out on PS5 but I gonna be honest if this was exclusive to Xbox One Series X I would have bought the console for this game.

Semi-moot as I feel its going to be a cross buy thing. I don't know if i'd buy a XONE for it though lol. I'd just wait until the inevitable PS4/PS5 port.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Ever since the original Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Bandai Namco has been launching nukes. I'm impressed every new release they've had (with the exception of Jump force). I hope this has some form of co-op multiplayer, though it didn't seem that way

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Well I am happy for the people that like Japanese games, but I don't get it. This game appeals to me less than Madden; it looks really stupid and cringe to me.

We all like don't have to like the same things though, so it's good to have a variety of different games.

Danjin44

Well I am happy for the people that like Japanese games, but I don't get it. This game appeals to me less than Madden; it looks really stupid and cringe to me.

We all like don't have to like the same things though, so it's good to have a variety of different games.
Isn’t that what you think with all Japanese games? Isn’t that your biggest reason you are not in to them?

Mr Hyde

The trailer just gets better and better everytime I see it. If it doesn't come out a total unplayable mess this is day one.

sublimit

Banned
Really liked the looks of this,especially the environments.

I wonder if it's co-developed by Dimps (Sword Art Online Fatal Bullet/Freedom Wars) and Shift (God Eater/Code Vein)? Kinda gave me vibes of both SAO Fatal Bullet and Code Vein.

CatLady

Isn’t that what you think with all Japanese games? Isn’t that your biggest reason you are not in to them?

Pretty much. I probably dislike them as much as you like them. And as I already said we don't all have to like the same things so it's good to have variety and offer something for everyone.

Danjin44

Pretty much. I probably dislike them as much as you like them. And as I already said we don't all have to like the same things so it's good to have variety and offer something for everyone.
Im not trying to offend you or anything but then I don’t understand point of you commenting here when you clearly don’t like 99% Japanese games.

Are gonna just post how “cringe” the games are in every Japanese game related thread?

Last edited:

CatLady

Im not trying to offend you or anything but then I don’t understand point of you commenting here when you clearly don’t like 99% Japanese games.

Are gonna just post how “cringe” the games are in every Japanese game related thread?

I have a right to post my opinion on the games we were shown today especially since they will be on my console of choice.

Voicing my opinion on any Japanese games I don't like is no different than you constantly saying in Xbox threads how you don't like Xbox/Xbox games because they don't have Japanese games. It's OK for you, but not me?

Lethal01

I get not liking the characters, but the world and gameplay seem pretty standard.
The enemies feel a lot more like something out of silent hill that something anime.

You do you of course but I'm curious if it's just the characters or something else that ruins it for you? Also is it the artsyle or the personalities.

Last edited:

CatLady

I get not liking the characters, but the world and gameplay seem pretty standard.
The enemies feel a lot more like something out of silent hill that something anime.

It looks like here are a lot of people that will really enjoy this game and that's a good thing. It's just not my thing. I tend to like more realistic games with serious less fantastical stories. I appear to be in the minority in my opinion on this game but again we don't all have to like the same things.

Danjin44

how you don't like Xbox/Xbox games because they don't have Japanese games. It's OK for you, but not me?
I would say I’m not interested in most Xbox games or I want to see more Japanese games on Xbox but you won’t see me going in to Halo thread saying how “stupid” or “cringe” it looks.

CatLady

I would say I’m not interested in most Xbox games or I want to see more Japanese games on Xbox but you won’t see me going in to Halo thread saying how “stupid” or “cringe” it looks.

This will be my last comment as I'm not going to derail this thread further. Unless there is a specific NeoGAF rule against against stating my opinion on a game Japanese or not I will continue to give my opinion on any game I want whenever I want. Sorry if that offends you.

You are also free to continue to post your dislike/disinterest for Xbox/Xbox games. Feel free to call Halo stupid or cringe if that's how you feel, you are entitled to voice your opinion and it's not for me to tell you not to express it.

Top Bottom