• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus |OT| Life Returns to Vita

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm stupid and I can't seem to get the aerial rave down in the tutorial, it says press O and use Square and something to do with the techlist thing I think (I dont remember, Im at work so.)
I want to get the tutorials down before I move onto the story.
Maybe I'll figure it out
Basically, attack enough times with Square until you hear a sound & see a green circle or whatever, then press O to chase the enemy into the air & you can keep attacking. Sometimes you can link multiple aerial raves in a row if you've leveled up enough.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Either way I guess the lesson here is to just judge all moe otaku games as bad and move on. Don't give them a chance.

I don't think "don't give them a chance" is the takeaway, but rather you should recognize that those elements are central to the game and the other factors will need to compensate for those. It's frankly a tall order, and it's too bad that Shinovi Versus didn't do it for you.

I do applaud you for giving the game a solid chance, and you did enjoy aspects of it. I might suggest, if you actually did enjoy the combat against other characters, to try out the Dojo/Multiplayer if you haven't already. It's actually surprisingly addictive and really focuses on the strength of the game (character diversity).

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Rin & Daidoji character pack is set at a really awesome price. I was assuming it would be $10 for the $100 Spent in October deal. A pleasant surprise!

I'm hoping for a pack of the costumes released today.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is anyone else not able to sign in to PSN via the web browser? Either it keeps trying to load or if I sign in, it says the log in failed.

& while it's not a huge discount (only $2), I'm glad to see the prices for the DLC characters be low, especially when I was expecting more. Hopefully, I'll get to try Daidouji later tonight. Can't try out Rin until I unlock the Crimson School.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Malick[AI];136305859 said:
Are these costumes going to be available in a bundle later?

Going to buy them, but I would rather pay the least amount possible.
There's a good amount of bundles from the JPN version, so I'm going to guess yes. I'll have to check in about 1/2 hour or so, but I can see what the JPN PSN had in terms of bundles, as I can't remember the specifics.

Unless you mean a giant bundle that contains every single costume & accessory, to which Japan never got that, so I doubt we'd get one.

Nyoro SF

Malick[AI];136305859 said:
Are these costumes going to be available in a bundle later?

Going to buy them, but I would rather pay the least amount possible.

I highly doubt it. At least the characters are in a bundle.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, store's still being rather troublesome. Even if I get the page to load, still won't let me sign in, & Vita's PS Store hasn't updated yet.

So downloading both characters instantly gives you access to the following stuff:

Uniform:

- Old Hanzo Uniform (Indigo)
- Old Hanzo Uniform (Brown)
- Female Instructor (Black)
- Female Instructor (Red)

Shinobi:
- Daidouji's Outfit
- Daidouji's Outfit (White) (this gives me an even bigger Jojo vibe)
- Rin's Outfit
- Rin's Outfit (Purple)

Lingerie:
- Daidouji's Favorite
- Rin's Favorite

Doesn't seem like you get their hairstyles, though. Also, Daidouji needs to relax her arms while in the dressing room.

pariah164

I will update the DLC section when the store lets me log in. (Grace Chen pls.) If anyone could hook me up with the EU prices, I'd be appreciative.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Man this game is gonna take me a long while. Finished Hanzo without doing any of the side missions and I'm at 11 hours.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Daidouji, Rin, & Haruka avatars are up, 49 cents each.

....kind of odd Haruka's avatar is up, but none of the other Crimson girls, but okay.

Edit: Oh hey, Daidouji & Rin will automatically have their L+O special from the start. & for Daidouji's story, it seems to basically be the same as Burst, which is basically "HEY, fight all the Hanzo girls in a row!", but now each girl is a separate mission.

Edit 2: HOLY CRAP. Daidouji's fights were rather easy, but then suddenly HELLO, DIFFICULTY SPIKE. HAVE FUN FIGHTING A CHARACTER THAT TELEPORTS & COMBOS INTO YOU WITHOUT ANY WAY OF ESCAPING & ALSO HAS TONS MORE HEALTH.

Nyoro SF

The battle between me and Boss Homura was fucking nuts. She had so much health and was basically immune to hitstun. After I was at 30% post-transformation I decided to switch it up and do nothing but parry and build meter for supers.... and it worked!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"GraduationYou've got"

Think that's a bit of a typo there....Oh, & it seems that Daidouji & Rin's voices (& I think music?) are automatically added to the Library as well, along with their pics when you beat their final mission (you don't have to buy them).

Good to have those sample pics for Costume Set 2. Has more visual variety than the first pack, relative to costumes already in-game. Might get that later if whim strikes.

Already picked up the two character pack, will play some later.

Corgi

Banned
i haven't had the urge to throw a game console in a long while.

daidoji vs rin fight is freaking retarded.

none of my combos can even land more than a few hits before she jumps around teleporting and juggling the crap out of me, while breaking camera lock on each time.

who the fuck playtested this thinking its fine to ship?

anybody got tips? Tried going offensive, but that just leads to being comboed. Tried defensive, but she still chipped the crap out of me.

SerTapTap

i haven't had the urge to throw a game console in a long while.

daidoji vs rin fight is freaking retarded.

none of my combos can even land more than a few hits before she jumps around teleporting and juggling the crap out of me, while breaking camera lock on each time.

who the fuck playtested this thinking its fine to ship?

anybody got tips? Tried going offensive, but that just leads to being comboed. Tried defensive, but she still chipped the crap out of me.

Is this one of the first fights? Can you just play another mission as her? I've found that some characters are very hard to play at extremely low levels so I just do their story missions or something else easy to get them to 5+. Don't have the DLC so don't know how to play as her personally.

Though at a high enough level, Frantic + level 2 super will OHKO almost anyone

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's frustrating, but doable. Daidouji fighting Rin was tough, but I did my best to use aerial raves mainly from charging my Triangle attack, then dodging & waiting for a chance.

It didn't help I kept losing my lock-on.

Corgi

Banned
woot took her down at about lvl 20ish using Zonic's strategy.

forgot her kamehameha has super armor. still a dumb fight :x

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I was at Lv 19 when I (somehow) did it. The biggest annoyance was how Rin was able to teleport across 1/2 the area & pop-up right next to you. KEEP MOVING/DASHING. I almost lost on my first attempt, but eventually got it on my 2nd time.

I just hope it's easier when I play as Rin & fight Daidouji....

The thing is, a lot of the girl's longer combos will bounce an opponent high enough that they can Triangle you out of your attacks and it will happen if you go for it every time. The best bet I've found is to use short combo strings with a Triangle to launch, then Aerial Rave and Triangle back down.

Made a number of hard fights much easier once I realized which hits launch them too high and to Triangle out before it reaches there.

That said I had no real reason to believe this game would be as good as it is but goddam is it fun. Katsuragi is pure fire and voiced by Yuu Kobayashi so I have to main her.

Top Bottom