• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

If Capcpom ever allow the community to help make costume sold officially for the game, it'd have to be a Team Ninja style where people send in their designs for each character in fitting with a particular theme and then the best ones are chosen for each character.

Though that'd mean they have to make a Birdie costume so that's not happening.

Pompadour

Ucchedavāda;245199858 said:
Works pretty well for Valve, too.
They are making a fortune off of community made cosmetic item, as are the more successful creators.

Before SFV was announced I desperately wanted Capcom to take the Valve TF2 route. Capcom makes the game and modders supply cosmetic content which Capcom sells and gives the modder a cut. In my ideal world, a company like Blizzard or Valve would buy SF and the SF dev team and they'd use their huge resources to make a SF with great online and big updates with lots of content.

SFV seemed to have similar plans to the ones I dreamed of SFV having but they executed them pretty poorly.

If Capcpom ever allow the community to help make costume sold officially for the game, it'd have to be a Team Ninja style where people send in their designs for each character in fitting with a particular theme and then the best ones are chosen for each character.

Though that'd mean they have to make a Birdie costume so that's not happening.

They should really just give modders some design guidelines and make whatever mods people like official. Of course, the issue there is Capcom would have to design a royalty system or something to pay the modders whatever their costumes earn.

Marvel

could never
I'd put more clothes on Laura and do away with that default hairstyle. A ponytail or short cut.

Her premium alt's hair is god-like but the outfit is not my thing.

Zackat

I'd put more clothes on Laura and do away with that default hairstyle. A ponytail or short cut.

BrutalAce made a sweet edit of her battle costume that gave her jeans and the sandals from her story costume. Looks pretty cool.

ktnxydcl34dz.png

Source

Marvel

could never
^ That's great.

BrutalAce made a sweet edit of her battle costume that gave her jeans and the sandals from her story costume. Looks pretty cool.
That sounds great... honestly just a normal fitting Gi would have been perfect. Or casual indeed.

Pompadour

The fan concept of Laura's default with the black undershirt and no inexplicable hole in the ass of her pants looks so much better.

The outfits for women in SFV are so bizarre. Not in that they're catering to people who pay good money to play virtual dress up as an expensive masturbatory aid, that makes sense. But a lot of the Premium outfits are, for whatever reason, a bit more conservative than the defaults. Wouldn't it make more sense to gate that shit behind $$$? That's what DOA does.

The benefit there is Capcom gets more money and the average match looks less like SF Xtreme Beach Volleyball.

Hoping Capcom reverts grey damage recovery to what it was in S1. I only play Ryu as it is, and anyone who makes use of armored normals and specials seem to take that damage no matter what. It just puts more pressure on them to go nuts and try and not let me attack and then I just throw out a s.Lk and they eat all that damage anyway because they lost patience.

Yea that was a huge indirect buff to Sim lol

kirblar

Hoping Capcom reverts grey damage recovery to what it was in S1. I only play Ryu as it is, and anyone who makes use of armored normals and specials seem to take that damage no matter what. It just puts more pressure on them to go nuts and try and not let me attack and then I just throw out a s.Lk and they eat all that damage anyway because they lost patience.
Yeah, S2 is clearly way too slow, I'm not sure it needs to be S1 fast but it's not ok as is.

Marvel

could never
That's more like it.

I do like skimpy alts for my fave ladies but it's not what I want all the time, would love to see more seasonal, posh, casual or cosplay shit in the future. And if you're going down more pervy roads then give those options for the dudes too.

Birdie in speedo's? ken in swimming shorts? or some Bison with longer hair and full sleeve tats again.

Tighty whiteys and a smoking jacket, be creative lol

BrutalAce had a Cammy as Jill Valentine outfit and it made me realise how awesome it would be if Capcom did a cosplay pack like NRS did with MKX. Just have different characters cosplay as other non-SF Capcom characters.

I just realized, Arcade mode would actually get me to buy costumes for characters that I don't play. Like I might actually buy a Chun costume since I can be playing Chun with no worries on Arcade mode and occasionally taking her online!
Birdie in speedo's? ken in swimming shorts? or some Bison with longer hair and full sleeve tats again.

Tighty whiteys and a smoking jacket, be creative lol

Prohibion �� Era �� Mobster �� Birdie ����������

Aristocrat �� Birdie��

Professional �� Race �� car �� Driver �� Birdie ������

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Prohibion 👏 Era 👏 Mobster 👏 Birdie 👏👏👏👏👏

Aristocrat 👏 Birdie👏

Professional 👏 Race 👏 car 👏 Driver 👏 Birdie 👏👏👏

High Tier F.A.N.G. where he's just wearing Karin's clothes.

Pompadour

Yeah, S2 is clearly way too slow, I'm not sure it needs to be S1 fast but it's not ok as is.

I like the slow health regen but maybe not in this game. It feels like it should be a buff to controlling space with normals to keep your opponent out. What it actually does is make pressure even better. If the goal is to stay in your opponent's face spamming heavies the potential grey damage is just gravy.

I guess we'll find out if S4 is all shotos and edgelord shoto clones
Season 4 CAST LEAKED:

• Violent Ken
  • Evil Ken
  • Helpful Ken
  • Subservient Ken
  • Ken's son
  • Angel Ken

Maximillian said:
Hello doods and welcome to another video. Now I know I've been really down on SFV over the past 2 years but if this leaked S4 cast is to be believed I think SFV's new cast members are really gonna turn things around for this game.

Sales Reports said:
In a very unexpected turn of events, SFV has not only reached it's initial sales target of 2 millions copies sold, but DOUBLED it. That is correct, Street Fighter V just sold 2.2 million copies in the span of 6 hours

with his large following, this will prolly hurt Capcom's bottom line

Did you see his Abigail steam?
I honestly don't think that the lack of mods will make much of a difference at this point.

A big gameplay shakeup might get him back in, but SFV will be competing for his attention with a bunch of highly anticipated games at that point.

Top Bottom