• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seriously doubt, we'll get that $50 price cut for the XSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Title says it all

Good day for gamers, great day for Xbox fans, I'm stoked, but this Bathesda news completely overshadowed that Rumor. I'm not sure how much more MS is willing to put on the table(or how much more$$ they can afford to bleed) after a 7.5 billion dollar deal

And you needed to open another thread on top of the 323143534532 we already have because?

Yep, they already have All-Access which is practically giving the S (and X) away for like $25/$35 Day 1 on monthly payments with 0% APR. That's about as cheap as you can already get, at least on the frontend.

Dolomite

Why would you doubt it? The source seemed solid.
At this point it seems too good to be true. Feel very satisfied with the value already after such a large Acquisition that Gamepass should sell itself.
and it's $100 cheaper than ADPS5...seems like overkill to me

And you needed to open another thread on top of the 323143534532 we already have because?
Giant opinion tag on thread title
This is a forum, to share ideas
Mute button works just fine fam 🤷🏾‍♂️

Last edited:

Humdinger

Gold Member
It wasn't a realistic rumor anyhow. You don't announce a console's price, then put it on sale before you've even released the thing. That reeks of desperation/weakness. They wouldn't have done that.

Drewpee

Banned
Title says it all

Good day for gamers, great day for Xbox fans, I'm stoked, but this Bathesda news completely overshadowed that Rumor. I'm not sure how much more MS is willing to put on the table(or how much more$$ they can afford to bleed) after a 7.5 billion dollar deal

Concern troll post is obvious concern troll post.

I know it has been rough for you today, but:

Tn0QDXl.jpg

Last edited:

Dolomite

Concern troll post is obvious concern troll post.

I know it has been rough for you today, but:

Tn0QDXl.jpg
I'll bite, what am I "Concerned over"?
I woke up to some amazing news and feel even better about Xbox future, but can't see them dropping the price after today. Hell I hope I'm wrong

Last edited:

RasAlGhoul

I’d argue it’s not a good day for gamers. Good for Xbox yes. But gamers as a whole. No. Having massive corporations own everything doesn’t serve anyone but fanboys. When you own everything you don’t need to compete anymore.

It’s scary enough having Disney own damn near everything. Having any game company start buying up everyoe isn’t any good either.

Last edited:

Liamario

Banned
I’d argue it’s not a good day for gamers. Good for Xbox yes. But gamers as a whole. No. Having massive corporations own everything doesn’t serve anyone but fanboys. When you own everything you don’t need to compete anymore.

It’s scary enough having Disney own damn near everything. Having any game company start buying up everyoe isn’t any good either.
I think most same people agree with you. These threads are obviously just to gloat, but they're very short sighted.

quest

Not Banned from OT

This is better than a Sony monopoly. Microsoft needed a huge move to keep the division afloat after halo and other set backs. This was going to be white wash. This gives Microsoft some momentum and its fans hope to still buy in besides gamepass. This is great for the industry. Thank Jim money hat Ryan for this. Microsoft could not buy any exclusives to get out of this mess they had to buy the whole thing.

Dolomite

....but everyone on GAF has a monster PC rig...I was assured? We all win

Drewpee

Banned
I'll bite, what am I "Concerned over"?
I woke up to some amazing news and feel even better about Xbox future, but can't see them dropping the price after today. Hell I hope I'm wrong

It was mostly a joke, but since you bit......

Creating a thread regarding a potential negative (also a duplicate thread) on a day there has been so much positivity gives the impression that you are more concerned with the potential rumor, that if wrong might be slightly negative for Xbox and making sure that is a topic of discussion. Compare that to a number of threads you could have creatied around something more positive.

Mostly though, it was a joke and an excuse for me to use the Craig meme for the first time.

Sethbacca

Yep, they already have All-Access which is practically giving the S (and X) away for like $25/$35 Day 1 on monthly payments with 0% APR. That's about as cheap as you can already get, at least on the frontend.

I'm curious to see how effective this really is, as the low income individuals who need to finance a $300/500 console are likely the ones that will least be able to due to credit issues.

Dolomite

That’s the clown ass fanboy response I expected from you. I at least do own a pretty good rig. Not a monster but she’ll be ok.
Calm dowwwwwn fam no one is shaming your rig, hell I can't even build one myself without a youtube tutorial. But I'll always be here to point out the hypocrisy, keep the same energy

RasAlGhoul

This is better than a Sony monopoly. Microsoft needed a huge move to keep the division afloat after halo and other set backs. This was going to be white wash. This gives Microsoft some momentum and its fans hope to still buy in besides gamepass. This is great for the industry. Thank Jim money hat Ryan for this. Microsoft could not buy any exclusives to get out of this mess they had to buy the whole thing.

This monopoly is better than the other monopoly is a really shit argument.

RasAlGhoul

Calm dowwwwwn fam no one is shaming your rig, hell I can't even build one myself without a youtube tutorial. But I'll always be here to point out the hypocrisy, keep the same energy

I’m calm as can be. Just like to point out silly fanboys. And don’t worry about my pc. It’s mid range by design. I’m quite happy with it.

Dolomite

This monopoly is better than the other monopoly is a really shit argument.
Bro there are only 3 big names in consoles, and we all treat nintendo like an afterthought. If MS became a completely subscription based division, or went like Sega and dropped thier console would you hate Sony for becoming a monopoly ?

Also (replying to ur latest comment) I don't PC shame, or even console shame. I'm half joking with most of these post an am just hyped that MS will finally have a collosal library in the next few yrs. I couldn't afford most consoles growing up, had to get a job very young and buy everything myself so I'll never shit on what someone builds with thier own hands, esp in gaming

Last edited:
It was a "screencap this" 4chan post, out of all the 4chan posts this is scientifically speaking the most unreliable one. And I say this as an expert close to the hacker known as 4chan's thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom