• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow Tactics |OT| A worthy Commandos spiritual successor [PS4/X1 on August 1st]

wouwie

Just started chapter 4. This game has been a revelation for me. I didn't know i could enjoy this type of game so much. Then again, it's the focus on stealth and taking it slowly that works so well for me. I'm having fun and it's a GOTY contender so far. My only worry is whether the game will remain fresh until the end. At this point, all characters (and skills i presume) have been introduced and there doesn't seem to be much variety in enemies. So hopefully there will be a few gameplay twists and challenges in the remaining levels. We shall see but so far very happy i tried the demo and bought the game. I might even replay on higher difficulty once i'm done on normal.

Does anyone know what the "create waypoint" option does in shadow mode?

xrnzaaas

Don't worry it doesn't get repetetive. First of all the game rarely allows you to have more than three characters in a single mission so you have to rely on who you have. Many mission objectives are quite original, placement of many enemy units forces you to be creative and to use shadow mode more often and also there are some levels later on where the rules change pretty drastically, like the
6th
mission where you go in after dark and have to deal with light sources.

wouwie

Something strange happened with this game for me. I was under the impression that the game had 9 missions so when i was close to finishing mission 9, this was feeling as a GOTY contender, i was superimpressed and had lots of fun.

But after that, i started to struggle with finding motivation to go on. I've been in mission 11 for a while now and i stopped playing as i can't seem to find motivation to go on. The game feels a bit too long for the variation it offers. While mission 10 was different enough, mission 11 feels like everything i've played before but longer and harder. So i'm taking a break and hope to regain my motivation again sometime in the future so that i can actually finish the game. It has to be said though that my motivation for gaming in general has been very low the last few months. In fact, Shadow Tactics is one of the few games i genuinely enjoyed playing during that time.

Still, Shadow Tactics is a great game and it will surely appear in my GOTY list. Also, i'm super impressed that the developer incorporated Japanese spoken language.

xrnzaaas

It should be the same as on the standard PS4. The game doesn't look as good as the PC version on the highest settings, but it's still very pretty and doesn't suffer from any frame drops or other technical issues.

xrnzaaas

Awesome, I will buy it no matter if it's Desperados remake, Commandos remake, Shadow Tactics 2 or something entirely different. :)

O.DOGG

Excellent, I'm looking forward to it, whatever it is. Shadow Tactics is superb, so I'm optimistic for their next project.

Green Yoshi

Awesome, I will buy it no matter if it's Desperados remake, Commandos remake, Shadow Tactics 2 or something entirely different. :)

Desperados was also made by a German studio, a sequel would be very welcome. And the setting should be very popular in 2018 thanks to Red Dead Redemption 2.

Top Bottom