• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowrun: Hong Kong |OT| Little Trouble in Big China

Decker it is. If you're not the decker, you'll probably have to replace one of your three core team members with a decker for most missions. You don't want to do this, because a) the three core team members in Dragonfall are awesome and you'll want them in your party for every mission and b) the fourth party member in Dragonfall (= the decker) is a bit of a twat :)

lawrence7

Excited to explore some more shadows in Hong Kong? The Extended Edition is almost here!

https://twitter.com/WeBeHarebrained/status/694909612907237377

MHJYj3q.jpg

lhjhbB9.gif

StereoVsn

Decker it is. If you're not the decker, you'll probably have to replace one of your three core team members with a decker for most missions. You don't want to do this, because a) the three core team members in Dragonfall are awesome and you'll want them in your party for every mission and b) the fourth party member in Dragonfall (= the decker) is a bit of a twat :)

Eh, while being a decker is fine, need to make sure that MC is strong at combat as other characters are not great in quite a few situations. Hong Kong makes it easier on the other hand because you have at least couple good combat chars.

I really hope they tell us what the extra 5 hours are at some point.
I mean I'm going to do another playthrough now with the game being (probably) more polished than it was at launch and the extra content.

Probably going to go decker this time. I went with a cyber augmented melee troll my first time through. Cyberware is pretty great.

Thankfully I haven't played enough of Enemy Within to care about XCOM 2! But I'm going away this weekend so actually it still came out at a bad time for me...

TheChaos

Didn't even know this was released until I clicked on the sale on Steam. No news outlets have reported on this.

And on the same day as XCOM 2? Geez HBS, you need to market your games better. =/

I forgot how bad download speeds GOG is. I've been downloading this for 2 hours. And it's only at 60%.

Edit: oh it suddenly installed and is all done.

I wish the bonus campaign had a cool name, instead of just being called (Bonus!)

~Kinggi~

Banned
Lol what in the world, talk about a stealth drop/upgrade. Kind of crazy on steam sale day and Xcom day. Hopefully it works for them.

Miletius

Now I have to decide SR:HK epilogue or XCOM 2. Not a bad thing to have to decide in between actually. I'll probably do XCOM first, but can't blame a guy for going either way.

epmode

Now I have to decide SR:HK epilogue or XCOM 2. Not a bad thing to have to decide in between actually. I'll probably do XCOM first, but can't blame a guy for going either way.
XCOM is a little buggy and has performance issues that are keeping me away. I'll probably fire this up over the weekend.

Memory

XCOM is a little buggy and has performance issues that are keeping me away. I'll probably fire this up over the weekend.

Seems to be randomly hitting people, i was ready to get a refund and buy somethings in the sale if i got hit but I've had no issues so far.

I agree this was very bad timing but hey its free and i'll certainly get to it at some point before Necropolis hits in March.

Happy that the mini campaign is out; was looking forward to it.

Not so happy that this is probably going to be the last bit of HBS-developed Shadowrun for quite some time. They're busy with Mechwarrior now, so I guess it's probably going to be a few years until they'll do another Shadowrun campaign.

Not so happy that this is probably going to be the last bit of HBS-developed Shadowrun for quite some time. They're busy with Mechwarrior now, so I guess it's probably going to be a few years until they'll do another Shadowrun campaign.

I love HBS to death, but I'd be OK with this. A little break and then hopefully a major engine upgrade before we hit the Sixth World again.

5taquitos

I'm cool with that, they brought Shadowrun back in a big way, now they can do the same thing for Battletech. Then they can hopefully take some of that new engine juju and give us new Shadowrun again a few years from now.

Kwixotik

Holy shit, I've been wishing for a mech strategy game since I got into Gundam a couple years ago and couldn't find any good ones. Had no idea HBS was making one. They're working their way up my favorite developer list pretty quick.

I wouldn't mind a yearly release if they could manage to keep on the level of Dragonfall and Hong Kong.

One hour in into the new campaign by the way, great start.

kiyoaki

HBS just released all (?) the remaining rewards via backer kit - the e-novel, the Hong Kong source book, the annotated short story anthology.

The e-novel appears to be a (massive, at 340+ pages) straight novelization of the game's main story. Might be great alternative way to refresh your memory of the original campaign before diving into the bonus campaign. It also comes in a mobi version, so I think I'm gonna put this on my Kindle right now and start reading.

The annotated anthology looks like a real treat for Shadowrun fans, though a lot of the annotations are basically just the authors poking fun at their own writing and edgy 1990s conceptions of a cyberpunk future.

cj_iwakura

HBS just released all (?) the remaining rewards via backer kit - the e-novel, the Hong Kong source book, the annotated short story anthology.

The e-novel appears to be a (massive, at 340+ pages) straight novelization of the game's main story. Might be great alternative way to refresh your memory of the original campaign before diving into the bonus campaign. It also comes in a mobi version, so I think I'm gonna put this on my Kindle right now and start reading.

The annotated anthology looks like a real treat for Shadowrun fans, though a lot of the annotations are basically just the authors poking fun at their own writing and edgy 1990s conceptions of a cyberpunk future.

I wonder if they played Soul Hackers, which was basically Atlus' attempt at the same thing.

And glad the novel's finally out, a little disappointed it's not original though.

Lister

Banned
Time for a second playthrough, but its going to have to wait till after ny first xcom2 campaign. Looking forward to this.

epmode

I haven't seen that, no. Maybe the chapter reset function will help? Hopefully, the game considers your return to the hub a new chapter!

Top Bottom