• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shane Dawson interviews Eugenia Cooney (youtuber/ "skeleton girl") *possible trigger warning (eating disorder)*

TrainedRage

Banned

e63c9ab8-5fa7-418a-a423-a4b5b72cc98f.jpg

They get really into it around the 30-31 min mark if you want to skip.

So I only knew her from the 4chan skeletor memes and such... But this is a very interesting story about eating disorders and fame or being a content creator.
Many people thought she may have died... But she seems to be taking steps in the right direction. Such a strange topic and something im pretty ignorant about. Give it a watch, what did you think?
Good info about eating disorders.
As someone with issues of my own I know the hardest step can be admitting you have a problem.
Shanes video (at this time) has 499,000 views and 430,000 likes.

*She lives in a Mob house apparently LMAO (just watch)
**Its really cute how she mentioned PewDiePie being a Youtuber that was kind to her. And fans. Don't let them haters keep you down sister fisters!

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
I mean the problem is that she is pretty cute, has internet clout, seems super nice and positive and is somehow at the same time being a bad role model. Its just a weird topic...

Yeah I reckon she’d be a decent qt with a bit of meat on her bones. Hope she can get her shit sorted.

buizel

Banned
Health at every size bro
Unless its unhealthy. In which case she should get and get help for herself, but obviously it's hard.

I mean the problem is that she is pretty cute, has internet clout, seems super nice and positive and is somehow at the same time being a bad role model. Its just a weird topic...

Not really - i dont think she is positioning herself as a role model? Just because someone is famous or anything, unless they want people to look upto them as a role model - they shouldnt take blame when they dont live up to the expectations of people because she didnt ask for it.

Thats my thing with celebrities and people who consume that now (this isnt my problem with you, it just set me off on this lol), is that everyone is seems to think any popular/famous person is immediately a role model - and are immediately judged by invisible standards, when that person never claims to be all.

It's like the pre-Jackass-era right, steve-o, bam etc - and many celebs/rock stars as well can be chucked in - they didn't all HAVE TO promote positivity or this that or the other, less they be seen as non-progressive! Of course many many celebs jump onto this bandwagon facade to boost popularity, and much less do it for a genuine cause.

Top Bottom