• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sherlock Series 3 |OT| - THE Source for Fiction’s Cheekbone Fetish

jett

D-Member
Just noticed that Fiction asked to have her account nuked. Sucks.

I also can't believe it's been three friggin years. That's ridiculous.

Nice high quality wallpaper of the new trailer if anyone is interested.

7dsnvehv7t0y.png

berzeli

Banned
...I should probably watch the teaser eventually or just go in cold. It's only a few more weeks away so I might just go with that.
You see that wallpaper that bodyofanamerican posted? The teaser is basically ten seconds of that.

So you can definitely watch the teaser without ruining anything.

You see that wallpaper that bodyofanamerican posted? The teaser is basically ten seconds of that.

So you can definitely watch the teaser without ruining anything.

Yeah, basically my tumblr friends were analyzing it (the wallpaper itself) so I've been seeing it for the past two days.

I'll try to find time to watch it soon lol.

Media

Yeah, basically my tumblr friends were analyzing it (the wallpaper itself) so I've been seeing it for the past two days.

I'll try to find time to watch it soon lol.

And now you need to tell us if the Tumblr folk found anything interesting/terrifying.

And now you need to tell us if the Tumblr folk found anything interesting/terrifying.

Mostly fixated on the skulls (there's an adult and infant/child-sized one), a crown in the tea cup, the sheet music, the books on the shelf (one titled "Promised in Blood"), the umbrella/brolly against the fireplace, and a few other details.

....a brazilian publisher just announced they go the rights to this

...I had no idea this existed

They're pretty good adaptations though kinda slow to come out. I have the Japanese versions of Pink, Banker and Game but have yet to get the English versions since the entire collected version of Pink is only coming out in January.

Media

Mostly fixated on the skulls (there's an adult and infant/child-sized one), a crown in the tea cup, the sheet music, the books on the shelf (one titled "Promised in Blood"), the umbrella/brolly against the fireplace, and a few other details.

I did not notice those.

Now I'm terrified my Mycroft is going to be the death instead of canonical Mary is going to real because..hell, maybe all three just as an extra fuck you to the fans.

I did not notice those.

Now I'm terrified my Mycroft is going to be the death instead of canonical Mary is going to real because..hell, maybe all three just as an extra fuck you to the fans.

My friends are a bit obsessed when it comes to these things...

Mycroft possibly being one of the deaths or the crown in the teacup - which is tipped over - also caused them concern for Mrs. Hudson. As according to Sherlock, "London would fall" without her.

My friends are a bit obsessed when it comes to these things...

Mycroft possibly being one of the deaths or the crown in the teacup - which is tipped over - also caused them concern for Mrs. Hudson. As according to Sherlock, "London would fall" without her.
You DO NOT fuck with Mrs. Hudson. I will start a riot.

And I ain't spoiler tagging since it is just you speculating. The world will burn if they kill Mrs. Hudson.

You DO NOT fuck with Mrs. Hudson. I will start a riot.

And I ain't spoiler tagging since it is just you speculating. The world will burn if they kill Mrs. Hudson.

Lol I feel the same way too and not me speculating, my tumblr friends were doing that.

I'm on the level of Lestrade: I need to see it personally and will still be miffed until the very end.

Lol I feel the same way too and not me speculating, my tumblr friends were doing that.

I'm on the level of Lestrade: I need to see it personally and will still be miffed until the very end.

Cannot happen. Nope. Nope.

I was only tagging due to discussing the 200 year old canon :p

Let us all take a moment to savor one of the best scenes from the best episode of the series. It is also the moment that we realized that Sherlock genuinely cared about people.

I think my favorite part is when he is describing the injuries the man received before he has even inflicted them, and then the look on the American's face that says this:
200.gif

I was merely quoting Sherlock from that scene. Should have been clearer :). And yes, it 100% is the best.

Oh, I knew. Just felt strongly about defending the episode, lol. Sorry if that wasn't clearer. :)
We all know it is out of love.

Yessss. That was my favorite scene for such a long time.
The part of him figuring out they hurt Mrs. Hudson and then seeing her upset and shaking in fear built up the strong emotional reaction of wanting to see those guys get hurt.
Then Sherlock just looking and seeing all the weak points just makes me laugh. You know it is going to be something horrible that happens to him, and you will like it.
The fact that we don't see exactly what he does just makes it better. It leaves it up to the imagination.

The "I lost count" line makes me think that Sherlock fucked the guy up, tossed him out the window, then dragged him back upstairs and just did it repeatedly until Lestrade showed up just makes it more satisfying and hilarious. That Sherlock would go through the effort of tossing a guy off the top floor, dragging him back upstairs, then doing it again.
I always wondered if Sherlock stopped doing that because Lestrade finally arrived and he ran out of time, or he just got tired of dragging a man up the stairs over and over again.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The "I lost count" line makes me think that Sherlock fucked the guy up, tossed him out the window, then dragged him back upstairs and just did it repeatedly until Lestrade showed up just makes it more satisfying and hilarious. That Sherlock would go through the effort of tossing a guy off the top floor, dragging him back upstairs, then doing it again.
I always wondered if Sherlock stopped doing that because Lestrade finally arrived and he ran out of time, or he just got tired of dragging a man up the stairs over and over again.

I'd like to think he stopped when Lestrade showed up.

Media

While secretly thinking to himself, "Dammit, Greg. You are ruining my fun."

Of course, that was before he paid attention that Lestrade's name was actually Greg.

The 'never Greg' thing I think is his way of affectionately trolling him. He knows his damned name, it's impossible he doesn't :p

berzeli

Banned
- Sherlock season 4 finale to screen in theaters
The third episode of the upcoming season, titled “The Final Problem,” is going to play in U.S. cinemas for two nights on Jan. 16 and 18, EW has learned exclusively.

BBC Worldwide North America and Fathom Events are partnering for the screenings, which will be held in about 350 cinemas nationwide. The screening will also feature 15 minutes of extras.

This will mark the second time an episode of the show has received a theatrical run. The series’ stand-alone episode “The Abominable Bride” also ran in theaters this year.

This is awesome, but I'm not sure I can wait a day for the finale. Maybe if it's THAT fantastic, I'll pay to see it again.

edit: Cornballer (or anyone else in the thread), how do we want to handle the OT as far as US/UK airings? If it's aired in the UK, is it fair game, with no spoiler tags? I imagine it's the same thing west coast Game of Thrones folks have to deal with, right?

edit: Cornballer (or anyone else in the thread), how do we want to handle the OT as far as US/UK airings? If it's aired in the UK, is it fair game, with no spoiler tags? I imagine it's the same thing west coast Game of Thrones folks have to deal with, right?
Correct. If it's airing in the UK shortly before the US, then it's fair game for UK folks to discuss without tags. We can adjust the thread title to make sure people know what's up.

Still kinda meh to eh on this newest trailer, but I did enjoy the clip from Colbert that featured Greg, John and Sherlock a bit more.

Not sure if I want to watch the S4 finale in theaters, but will see how I feel about it in a month.

Top Bottom