• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sherlock Series 3 |OT| - THE Source for Fiction’s Cheekbone Fetish

Aaaaaand look what Mark Gatiss just tweeted:

Back! #Sherlock

Cfx-bTfWQAAgsjG.jpg

My wife and I just watched episode 1 (of season 1) and wow, incredible ride. Obsessed already and we're one episode in.

Season 2, episode 1 still the greatest.

Yep this. A Scandal in Belgravia (S2E1) is by far still my favorite episode, even including the latest special, and easily the best of all the seasons.

Enjoy the ride and let us know what your both think. Love hearing new fans' opinions.

BumRush

Binged the series (finished a couple nights ago) and thought it was unbelievably good. S2E1 was definitely my favorite, but I really thought there were only 1-2 subpar eps (and I actually enjoyed season 3)

Binged the series (finished a couple nights ago) and thought it was unbelievably good. S2E1 was definitely my favorite, but I really thought there were only 1-2 subpar eps (and I actually enjoyed season 3)

I think the Blind Banker is universally agreed to be the worst episode. Hounds of Baskerville gets a bum rap, IMO.

The Blind Banker is a pos, Hounds is silly fun and gets a bad rap for some reason and S3 was okay (mostly uneven but TSoT is the best episode of that series) imo. I think I still hold S2 as the best series so far.

Now you can jump to watching the Abominable Bride special and suffer with the rest of us until New Year's. Oh and if you haven't already, try to watch Many Happy Returns - it helped bridge the gap between S2 & S3, though it's only like a 12 minute special.

🙃

I never read a Sherlock story...
but he is going to die? :/

"The Final Problem" is the "last" story that Conan-Doyle wrote in which he kills off Sherlock by having him fall over Reichenbach Falls with Moriarty, prior to eventually giving in to public pressure and bringing Sherlock back a few years later.

I'm VERY curious as to how the show is going to play with fan expectations, based on that title.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
"The Final Problem" is the "last" story that Conan-Doyle wrote in which he kills off Sherlock by having him fall over Reichenbach Falls with Moriarty, prior to eventually giving in to public pressure and bringing Sherlock back a few years later.

I'm VERY curious as to how the show is going to play with fan expectations, based on that title.
But to be fair, I just realized that the Reibach Falls thing already happened

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yeah, I assumed they already did
The Final Problem
with Reichenbach. Wtf are they doing? Ahhhh.
Just messing with us then.
Also, no way Moriaty is back. This goes 100% against their bait and switch thing with cliffhanger

Yes, I completly forgot how the Christmas Special ended...

Has anyone claimed the Series 4 OT? If so I'd be glad to chip in.

Yeah, I assumed they already did
The Final Problem
with Reichenbach. Wtf are they doing? Ahhhh.

My guess is
Mary dies and we find out Moriarty
never did, or that
Jim was, in fact, an actor and not the real Moriarty
which will break my cold dead heart into a million pieces.

Media

Has anyone claimed the Series 4 OT? If so I'd be glad to chip in.

My guess is
Mary dies and we find out Moriarty
never did, or that
Jim was, in fact, an actor and not the real Moriarty
which will break my cold dead heart into a million pieces.

Yeah that's what I'm assuming will happen as well. At least the first bit, that's canon. On the second
or maybe that Moriarty is just a group of people, not a single name. An idea, like he said in season two.

Yeah that's what I'm assuming will happen as well. At least the first bit, that's canon. On the second
or maybe that Moriarty is just a group of people, not a single name. An idea, like he said in season two.

Yep. Though that doesn't explain (trailer spoilers)
that OBVIOUS shot of Andrew Scott in the S4 trailer.

Media

Yep. Though that doesn't explain (trailer spoilers)
that OBVIOUS shot of Andrew Scott in the S4 trailer.

True. Hm.

I was thinking that was a mind palace shot personally. Just to have hype built for the trailer. I'm thinking the new villain is the 'new' Moriarty or even maybe a sibling of the first. The actual Professor Moriarty.

As an aside, it's weird we have to spoiler tag speculation based on the fact we've read stories that are over 100 years old lol

True. Hm.

I was thinking that was a mind palace shot personally. Just to have hype built for the trailer. I'm thinking the new villain is the 'new' Moriarty or even maybe a sibling of the first. The actual Professor Moriarty.

As an aside, it's weird we have to spoiler tag speculation based on the fact we've read stories that are over 100 years old lol

Heh, I know, right?

Also, yes, the mind palace is the all-purpose explanation for anything we see in any trailer, so that's always a possibility. Plus,
Andrew was only ever spotted filming that beach scene that was in the trailer.

Also, don't forget this scene they filmed just to fuck with the Setlock folks.

Hey everyone, sorry for the bump, but I've claimed the OT for Series 4 and wanted to see if anyone still checking this thread would like to collaborate, as it's my first OT (and obviously, I'd like to involve whoever of the faithful here in this thread would like to contribute).

As far as the thread title, I think it has to be "Sherlock Series 4 |OT| Did You Miss Me?", but I'm open to ideas!

Shoot me a PM if you'd like to get in on the OT.

Top Bottom