• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Japan Heroes Universe (Godzilla, Evangelion, Ultraman, Kamen Rider) reveals their crossover, and it's wilder than you can imagine

Anno you crazy son of a bitch. This is kino of the highest order.

AND it's getting a figure.

88aa62e54aae22abff2b5552f2d55d091684457776-main.jpg

da72ff98798982f3d266a85f730ecb961684457787-main.jpg

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
I have no clue about any of these properties aside from Godzilla, so my only observation is that nothing has changed since Power Rangers (was it Dairanger?) was released. I kind of like that they don't appear to have fucked with the formula after all these years.

Nothing beats the Megazord and Dragonzord, and you won't change my mind. The nostalgia is too strong.

PSYGN

This kind of Frankenstein design seems like it was for merch and the possibility to fuse other characters cheaply without thought.

Last edited:

theclaw135

Banned
I have no clue about any of these properties aside from Godzilla, so my only observation is that nothing has changed since Power Rangers (was it Dairanger?) was released. I kind of like that they don't appear to have fucked with the formula after all these years.

Nothing beats the Megazord and Dragonzord, and you won't change my mind. The nostalgia is too strong.

I'm not too sure, but I think it was Wild Force that nudged the series in a direction older fans grumble about. Forever Red took team-up episodes over the top, and the CGI-heavy Japanese footage clashed with the look expected up to that point (the MMPR movie's CG Zords, while dated looking now, appeared only briefly).

Soodanim

Gold Member
I'm not too sure, but I think it was Wild Force that nudged the series in a direction older fans grumble about. Forever Red took team-up episodes over the top, and the CGI-heavy Japanese footage clashed with the look expected up to that point (the MMPR movie's CG Zords, while dated looking now, appeared only briefly).
All I have to say is it's a shame Jason David Frank wasn't around to do the MMPR Netflix movie, especially with Billy sounding tired/bored/generally low energy the entire time. And speaking of poor CGI, the Megazord battle in that was pretty bad. And that's my critique of a production aimed at kids but also people in their mid-30s who will nostalgia watch.

Kadve

What im reminded of.

f14.png

Also guys no need to drag Hideaki Anno's name down into the dirt over this. Doubt he has much to do with it.

Last edited:

Reyziak

Kamen rider are the power rangers of Japan?
No, Super Sentai is the Power Rangers of Japan, as it is the show that Power Rangers gets its footage, suits, and props from.

Kamen Rider is the older sibling series of Super Sentai, and was made by the same man, Shotaro Ishinomori.

Main difference is simple: Super Sentai is about a team of five transforming heroes who have a giant robot, Kamen Rider is about one transforming hero with a motorcycle, no mech, and maybe one or two other Riders. Some seasons of Rider have way more Riders, but mostly one main Rider and three others. Also, Riders tend to have powers that are derived from the villains.

Rider is also more popular in Japan than Sentai.

Wildebeest

This being Anno, you know he had his staff crunching forever to come up with thousands of different versions of this before he approved this one.

theclaw135

Banned
Something doesn't match, why here Godzilla runs at the speed of EVA 1, if Godzilla is fat and slower than a turtle.
🐢🐢🐢

🐲

It's better not to ask. Godzilla's shape, size, abilities, change on a whim. Most people would rather forget the incarnations that flew or laid eggs, lol.

Top Bottom