• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei V launches in 2021 on Nintendo Switch

Mildudon

RaXLbkH.gif

carlosrox

Banned
I forgive Nintendo's silence and lack of news after this SMT stuff.

God I love dark Japanese demon/god stuff.

DAT voice work.

Fucking. FINALLY.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome! I never SMT3, so I'll probably also check that out later this year.

Closer

We just achieved maximum hypeness, Commander! The hype core can't sustain its power and is gonna collapse! We must protect the H.A.R.D. System at all cost!

Last edited:

drganon

Gold Member
I've never played an SMT game despite being a huge persona fan. When this comes out I'll have to check it out. Hopefully it's not as difficult as the previous ones. The reputations of the earlier games scared me off from playing them.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Reminds me a lot of Nocturne. Maybe we'll see some gameplay at TGS, who knows.

Finally, emancipation is at hand.

(unless the game is delayed to 2022)

Right when SMT V became a source of jokes anytime Atlus or Switch came up. Well played Atlus.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I'm happy it's simultaneous but they are going about it like it's some big deal. For them yeah...but it's like well done it took you long enough!

Still waiting on the English version of Persona 5 Scramble... C'mon atlus.

iorek21

How does SMT compares to Persona, structurally speaking?

Is it a half social sim/half dungeon crawler but with a more mature tweak?

Or something else

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
How does SMT compares to Persona, structurally speaking?

Is it a half social sim/half dungeon crawler but with a more mature tweak?

Or something else
It has dungeon crawling, demon negotiation and demon fusion. In fact almost all the skills are the same, with the esception of buffs/debuffs that affect the whole party and not just one character.

No social things tho.

Also no npc companions, you fight with the main character and three demons that you summom and can change mid battle, giving it some pokemon vibe.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

It gave me tons of Astral Chain vibes.

All this time and we get a pretty shitty trailer, not gonna lie.

But at least a release window, lol.

Top Bottom