• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei V |OT| Persona heartless version.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Gonna miss playing this since I'll be on a trip during the next few days.

Yesterday I beat Artemis and man, those DLC demons seem a bit OP, to the point were I consider just not using them.

One thing related to that is that Doi's demons seem to be a bit more OP than those of Kaneko. They all have unique skills and some of them are very good, like Angel's early media or Cironnup's party buff.

I really hate that you can't save videos of this game on the Switch.
Damn, must be Atlus doing their thing.

Last edited:

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
For those of you later in the game, are there any miracles/items that make it easier for find Miman? If there are exactly 200 on the map I'm gonna have to find them all and I want to guess at how painful that's going to be.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
For those of you later in the game, are there any miracles/items that make it easier for find Miman? If there are exactly 200 on the map I'm gonna have to find them all and I want to guess at how painful that's going to be.
Yeah, there's a Cironnup (little fox with a bow) near the end of each area. You can pay him Macca so he marks the remaining Miman on the map.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I got it on Friday and just played it last night.
Seems pretty good.
Looks pretty good, not as nice as Xenoblade2 which imo is Switch gfx King but runs at higher resolution! None of that 240p potato quality XB2 could run at in some situations.
Fps seems OK but I think the controls make it feel worse.
I think it looks way better than Xenoblade 2, mostly on account of competent art direction. Xenoblade had cool open worlds, but it also kind of looked like plastic action figures from 9 different toy lines mashed together. SMT manages to pull off a visually arresting style that looks coherent and consistent, which is something Xenoblade never really managed.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
6xXf.gif

I go this morning to get my copy but my local EBGames still haven't got their shipping yet.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Krathoon

Oh wow. EB Games is still around? I thought it was all bought up by Gamestop.

I still remember Babbages.

So far, it has been working great with Gamestop. I order it and they ship it to me on release day. This might be due to having many Gamestops in the area.

Last edited:

Krathoon

I wish I could go back in time to Babbages. All those PC games one the shelves.

I also miss when there were Playstation 1 games and Dreamcast games still being sold.

TintoConCasera

SMT5 is not kidding around, even weakest demon can fuck you up if you give them the chance.
Yup, I didn't expect the tutorial demon to fuck me up but it also reminded me what I was getting into. Good shit.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Man so I'm loving this game, visuals looks really good especially when it comes character and Demon models. The way most people describe the performance, it got me little worried but so far its solid, it not perfect but it not as bad as some people made it out to be.....it runs much better than NMH3's open world section.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Man so I'm loving this game, visuals looks really good especially when it comes character and Demon models. The way most people describe the performance, it got me little worried but so far its solid, it not perfect but it not as bad as some people made it out to be.....it runs much better than NMH3's open world section.

Welcome to Switch bitching. Folks like to make it out that anything on Switch runs like pure unplayable ass.

bronk

Banned
Welcome to Switch bitching. Folks like to make it out that anything on Switch runs like pure unplayable ass.
It does feel kind of chuggy running around. Thats just being honest. Immediately coming off Nocturne, menus and such dont feel as snappy like theres slightest of lag between menu actions. Also instead of going straight to menu it has to do that transition. Trying to be flashy is something I never like. Small gripes but yea. Main attack doesn't have any oof it feels like feather hits. Still loving it though. Excited to rank this one with all the rest.
One more thing I really really miss cathedral music for fusions.

Last edited:

bronk

Banned
No where near as bad as people made it out to be, It’s perfectly playable.

you want to see “unplayable” performance, then go play Drakengard 3.
Are people saying unplayable? I actually didn't even know that. I dont think that at all

Bkdk

The more I play the more I'm hyped for the PC version, P5 should arrive first though before smt5, or they will do a ultimate SMT brand collection for the PC for 200 dollars with all the SMT titles included for PC. I have to learn how to make mods for unreal engine for this.

Jsisto

The further I get there’s definitely legitimate criticisms, but the idea that it is “unplayable” is downright hilarious. Performance is perfectly fine as far as I’m concerned, I just personally think it suffers a little bit visually compared to some of the Switches Other JRPG offerings like xenoblade and dragon quest, most notably the environments. Definately makes up for it in style though.

Krathoon

Does the game have a pretty big draw distance? That may be why it is struggling. I don't know if they are doing any graphic tricks to compensate.

V4skunk

Banned
Has any one played Fortnite on Switch? How does it perform vs smtv because both use unreal engine.
I refuse to download f2p garbage.

Nico_D

It's been a very good ride so far, 12 hrs in. I really like some daemons and would like to keep them forever but gotta let them go and move forward towards bigger and better ones. Thank god this one doesn't have mazes like Nocturne did, I hated that. Nocturne's MC had a bit more personality though and the story was - at least so far - slightly more involving. But then again, I'm not playing this first and foremost for the story. There are other rpgs for that.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Magic or physical build? What the consensus for an OP build in SMT V as of now?
I'm focusing on phys and it's not great up to the point I'm at. I don't think I've seen one enemy with a weakness to it and the crit rate outside of some skills is low, magic has consistently been a bigger damage dealer so far.

I'm sticking with it though!

Naibel

Having a blast right now with this game, even though I'm still at the first boss. My ass was handed to me multiple times, if you don't buff/debuff you're stupid, it's SMT through and through. The soundtrack is grungy and dark, the art direction is nice, some visual effects are pretty (like the sparkling sand and the motion blur). I've yet to see plot move an inch but SMT is not as generally plot-heavy as other titles. I did prefer Nocturne's introduction though, but it's certainly a lot better than IV Apocalypse. I mean, what a joke...

Switch is biting off more that it can chew though, it certainly shows with the egregious foliage pop-in and the somewhat blurry picture (even though part of that may be related to lazy optimization, Atlus is kinda known for that sadly). Unreal Engine IV and Switch do not match well, that's for sure. BUT it's FAR, FAAAR from unplayable. Exagerated hot takes make valid criticism sound less credible and that's a huge shame. I still kinda expect a double-dip Bravely Default II style if the PC version rumor happens to be true. I really want to experience this game without technical bottlenecks, it really deserves it.

Overall, the wait was certainly worth it and it's been a while a RPG engrossed me this much into its world. You did it again, At' !

Last edited:
Magic or physical build? What the consensus for an OP build in SMT V as of now?
I am at the late stage of the game and can say that physical is starting to be very very powerful. My main character only uses his special light damage attack now because it almost always crits at least once and does a stupid amount of damage when you buff/debuff. I have him evenly split with magic and strength, though. About 63 Strength and 60 Magic.

Buggy Loop

I am at the late stage of the game and can say that physical is starting to be very very powerful. My main character only uses his special light damage attack now because it almost always crits at least once and does a stupid amount of damage when you buff/debuff. I have him evenly split with magic and strength, though. About 63 Strength and 60 Magic.

Interesting. So physical is gonna make the game a bit hard at the beginning but will eventually be OP by the end of the game, hmmm.

Top Bottom