• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

sphinx

the piano man
well this seems like what I was asking for about a Joseph DLC, I guess we'll see part of what happened to him when he went separate ways and fought the keeper.

very gory trailer.

Nemmy

Full gameplay trailer for the last Evil Within DLC, The Executioner, released: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVRXh--9mME

I'm kinda curious how it's going to work, first person and all. It looks rough and I'm not sure if I'll like it, but oh well, gonna find out soon enough. And I admit, I like that "everyone has their demons - execute yours" tagline.
Do we have any idea who the lady at the end (possibly a corpse that the Keeper is carrying) could be? Seems rather detailed and unique for a random corpse.

By the way, is anyone else bothered by how the enemies started to have glowing spots in the DLCs? I find it so unnecessarily "gamey" and immersion breaking. I know it has a purpose in stealth, but eh.

kodecraft

I'm kinda curious how it's going to work, first person and all. It looks rough and I'm not sure if I'll like it, but oh well, gonna find out soon enough. And I admit, I like that "everyone has their demons - execute yours" tagline.
Do we have any idea who the lady at the end (possibly a corpse that the Keeper is carrying) could be? Seems rather detailed and unique for a random corpse.

By the way, is anyone else bothered by how the enemies started to have glowing spots in the DLCs? I find it so unnecessarily "gamey" and immersion breaking. I know it has a purpose in stealth, but eh.

I actually wish the glowing enemies where in the original game, it's a nice design choice.

sphinx

the piano man
so I made an european/german account to be able to buy the season pass and actually play it.

(my PSN account is US, game was UK/PAL)

bought the DLC and I can't see it anywhere, I just got an email that I bought it, but there's aboslutely no trace anywhere in my PS4 regarding how to access it.

there's not even a purchase history there.

any tips as to where it might be??

I swear if they force me to play the game again entirely just to be able to use the DLC I am done with PSN

so I made an european/german account to be able to buy the season pass and actually play it.

bought the DLC and I can't see it anywhere, I just got an email that I bought it, but there's aboslutely no trace anywhere in my PS4 regarding how to access it.

I swear if they force me to play the game again entirely just to be able to use the DLC I am done with PSN
I know there was some wonkiness with finding the Euro DLC in the PSN store. You might want to try going the website instead.

PS:The part that I am stuck at isn't the two rooms in Ch. 6 but the part afterwards. Can you believe that?

myco666

Search the individual DLCs. They should be free now that you have the season pass. Search Assignment and Consuquence since they might not have Evil Within in the title.

I know there was some wonkiness with finding the Euro DLC in the PSN store. You might want to try going the website instead.

PS:The part that I am stuck at isn't the two rooms in Ch. 6 but the part afterwards. Can you believe that?

Try taking out the turret guys as fast as possible and run to the door to activate the sadist. That triggers checkpoint and if you die all enemies should disappear so that you can explore the area freely to get all the goodies.

sphinx

the piano man

This is appaling, I have searched everywhere possible, not only I don't find an install or download button but PSN actively hides the DLCs themselves from me. I can't find anything by the name the assignment or the consequence, there

I used the search function in the PSN menu and it's not there,

http://help.bethsoft.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27778/kw/PS4

I am about to throw the controller through the window.

fucking sony WHERE'S MY DLC

UPDATE: so I found it... it was very very very well hidden in the PSN store internet page.

if you searched for "The Assignment" or "The consequence", the store would only display the DLCs for PS3 and do as if the PS4 versions didn't exist.

if you clicked on "show all results" instead of clicking on the lens in the search function, THERE it would show the PS4 versions. I had to access them from there, then they appaeared on my TV and proceeded to install them.

I can't download the keeper as apparently it releases in 6 days.

now I am crossing my fingers they'll appear when I change back to my US account...

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The Evil Within: The Executioner DLC, if like the previous two DLCs, should be hitting PC, Xbox One/360, and possibly even PS4/PS3 tonight, somewhere in 2-7 hours from now. I'll make a topic on it when it happens as I've done for the previous two DLCs.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I couldnt play this game because I found the letterbox format to be so unbearably bad.

Now that the game is for sale on PC does it play better in the proper aspect ratio.

Chabbles

Freaky ass bastards.

a2_by_chabbles-d8xa0g7.gif

s1_by_chabbles-d8xa0ch.gif

Decided to drop my Nightmare run, and try Akumu mode. Had a surprisingly decent time with it until I got to Ch.6, of course. Got stuck at the two rooms + the part afterward for a day.

Finally got through that, and now I am stuck at the Sentinel. Any tips?

Decided to drop my Nightmare run, and I try Akumu mode. Had a surprisingly decent time with it until I got to Ch.6, of course. Got stuck at the two rooms + the part afterward for a day.

Finally got through that, and now I am stuck at the Sentinel. Any tips?

Those two bigs guys later on in the chapter? oooo the dog. Yeah its a pain in the ass. You just have to learn how to shotgun him so she falls while rushing you and them shoot him with a explosive bolt while on the ground. Setting up an ice/electric trap and two explosive bolts next to him is easy.
I usually started with a grenade. Then ran over and explosive bolted him. Made more bolts. Ran to the other side created a trap and then pulled out a grenade waited for it to explode then throw the grenade. the rest of match was trying not to die from the rushes and hoping my shotgun would knock him off course.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Just a minor thing, while Evil Within was not really at Bethesda's E3 conference as many expected, the fact several Tango people appeared in the staff video at the beginning, and The Evil Within being one of the big logos featured for Bethesda.net support, I think is a good sign. I think it points to Bethesda not thinking of Evil Within as a flop, which would certainly hint that a sequel may be made as Tango has said they want it to be a franchise, and the newest DLC certainly hints at things to come.

kodecraft

Just a minor thing, while Evil Within was not really at Bethesda's E3 conference as many expected, the fact several Tango people appeared in the staff video at the beginning, and The Evil Within being one of the big logos featured for Bethesda.net support, I think is a good sign. I think it points to Bethesda not thinking of Evil Within as a flop, which would certainly hint that a sequel may be made as Tango has said they want it to be a franchise, and the newest DLC certainly hints at things to come.

I just want something new from Tango already and its not TEW 2.

My thoughts exactly.

I was really happy when I saw The Evil Within and Tango featured prominently in their presentation. Bodes well for the future.

Erdrick

I bought this when it came out along with the season pass but since November, I basically did not play it until the past few days. I had made it to the end of chapter 6 back then. Coming back to this was rough at first since I had forgotten how to play it, like what button did what, so I was very sloppy (Even worse when you are tossed into a boss fight and you've forgotten how to play, essentially.)

I restarted and played the first chapter and a half to kind of get the game mechanics back in my head and then went back to my old save and am on Chapter 8 now, having just finished the last one, moments ago.

It sure is a nice looking game, and the atmosphere is excellent. I love the nods to Mikami's other games.

You never know what is going to happen next in this game, it seems. It's not perfect, but I'm enjoying it.

I DID IT. AKUMU IS DONE. 22:00, 368 DEATHS, BUT IT IS DONE.

I am never doing that again.

I bought this when it came out along with the season pass but since November, I basically did not play it until the past few days. I had made it to the end of chapter 6 back then. Coming back to this was rough at first since I had forgotten how to play it, like what button did what, so I was very sloppy (Even worse when you are tossed into a boss fight and you've forgotten how to play, essentially.)

I restarted and played the first chapter and a half to kind of get the game mechanics back in my head and then went back to my old save and am on Chapter 8 now, having just finished the last one, moments ago.

It sure is a nice looking game, and the atmosphere is excellent. I love the nods to Mikami's other games.

You never know what is going to happen next in this game, it seems. It's not perfect, but I'm enjoying it.

Some hate this aspect of the game, but I really loved it. Kept you on your toes, even if it can be pretty cheap at times.

Just finished the game. Equally fustrating and masterful at times.

Yeah, that's a pretty great way to describe it.

Curufinwe

Anyone know what today's update is for? I was actually gonna uninstall TEW soon start nice at 60 GB it's by far my biggest game and I'm not going to play it again.

Anyone know what today's update is for? I was actually gonna uninstall TEW soon start nice at 60 GB it's by far my biggest game and I'm not going to play it again.

Curious about this as well. It's nearly 5gb and I'm running low on space.

"Difficulty and cosmetic adjustments"

I wish they were more specific about this stuff, no idea what they changed exactly. Real nice to see them still fine tuning the game though.

E: current size with all DLC installed is 60.42 GB on PS4

-MD-

Adjustments to casual mode and removal of letterboxing on consoles in the new update is what John Johanas tweeted.

myco666

Adjustments to casual mode and removal of letterboxing on consoles in the new update is what John Johanas tweeted.

They managed to make it run without letterboxing? Cool! Probably going to play this again and see if it is better with them off.

Casual mode seems easier? I am using it for me no upgrade run. Everything seems to have a little less health.

But yeah, no letterbox is a thing. Now if they can just improve the load times.

Top Bottom