• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shoe Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matlock

Banned
yesiambored.jpg

What covers your feet, duders?

Dyne

I can't find any pics of it, but I bought some really nice Dockers from Sport Chek with ACS support. They're REALLY nice. I also bought some sandals from Walmart but I can't think of their make offhand.

Fusebox

Banned
You guys only have a couple of pairs each?

Whats with that? I thought you Americans loved robbing each other for your trainers?

Fusebox, I got my girlfriend a pair of those Mexico 66s too, but in white, red, and blue (the Tigers Uma/The Bride/Beatrix wore with jeans in Kill Bill Vol. 1)

Anyways...

Wish I was able to find these last weekend:
DSCN0561.jpg

Hopefully I can find these this weekend:
Imag0002.jpg

(Pics borrowed from Niketalk forums =)

golem

mostly wear...

adidas t-mac 3.5s
B0001TJXJO.01-A2OS1Y72HGJYGC._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

ecco casual classic aprons
34334-101.jpg

also have some timberland oxfords and fila pininfarinas and some dirt cheap flipflops from thailand in the rotation

oh and a ton of axions and osiris' from a bit back that i got for free :D

Fusebox

Banned
Game: Nice colours, the yellow and black Tai-Chis Uma wears in Kill Bill look terrific too.

Whats with you guys posting your work/school shoes btw? o_0

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I tend to have 2 pairs of shoes at a time, currently I'm rocking these:

1K416_400.jpg

Duffs1yelp.jpg

I might order a couple more pairs of Chucks, though. Some of the limited colors are fucking hot:

1H455_400.jpg

1Q284_400.jpg

1K434_400.jpg

1Q098_400.jpg

As long as they have my size, stupid big feet.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Classic black chucks all the way for me. It's been my shoe of choice for at least a decade now, although I have strayed into other colors (red, white, blue, etc.) and other shoes (bought a pair of Vans and a pair of Airwalks, and liked neither). I don't have any reason to switch -- they're comfortable, they last me a long time, and my pants fit easily over them (I like to wear longer pants, but I hate when they bunch up around my shoes, which was a fundamental problem with the Vans and Airwalks).

mrmyth

It always fucking amazes me the adults will now willingly wear the same ugly ass shoes that their moms had to damn near beat them into back in grade school.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
My comfy shoes
66046-p.jpg

Onitsuka Tiger Limber Up Moscow

My work shoes
3503827120_exlg.jpg

Royal Elastics Royal Taro

My play shoes
CYBER-107.jpg

Demonia Pink Laser

BlackMage

Banned
I like the overall look of chucks but man they are NOT comfortable, IMO, if you're standing for long periods of time. Plus if it is cold outside, your feet are freezing cause chucks have no insuation.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Yeah, I'm game.

I usually lounge around in skate shoes. I don't actually skateboard or anything, but God damned if this little segment of the sneaker market doesn't produce some of the most comfortable shit out there.

Here's the fresh new pair I bought about a week ago, my Vans were getting a little crusty:
DCCLNW-big.jpg

Now, Mr. Internet says that these also come in a version with red instead of grey, but I couldn't find them anywhere, let alone the pair of Airwalks I was originally eyeing.

And I eschew ordering any clothing, outside of t-shirts, online. It just seems WRONG.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm one of these idiots that doesn't know how to post pics, but right now I'm wearing a pair of Nike Shox Turbos, Air Jordan 3's in black/grey, Doc Martins for work, and pair of Lugz for casual (FunkMasterFlex version).

Those are some hot shoes, xsarien. I usually just wear whatever Vans happen to catch my eye when the Vans store runs their "Buy one get one half off" sale, provided they have them in size 13-14. :rolleyes:

Firest0rm

My favorite pair:

classicsportshoes_1807_279399999

Casuals:

classicsportshoes_1807_333869662

I have more but I can't find pictures for them. like classics alot, in everything :). I have alot of classic clothes, movies, and music.

edit:

I would also like to get these in the near future in blue.

classicsportshoes_1807_325931833

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Jonny said:
I like the overall look of chucks but man they are NOT comfortable, IMO, if you're standing for long periods of time. Plus if it is cold outside, your feet are freezing cause chucks have no insuation.
I've definitely experienced the cold feet, but I find them to be very comfortable in fair weather. I feel like they allow my foot to take up as much space as it needs and shift around in the shoe as it likes, whereas other shoes feel confining to me. I do have kind of wide feet, though.

warhead

Globe Mojo:
mojo-black-white-bg.jpg

Nike SB Lo-Dunks (Released in Australia only, you won't find these easily in Europe)
20_1_b.JPG

Emerica Herictic
heritic__blackcharcoal.jpg

AND 1 In Your Eye Mid (different colorway)
and_1_in_your_eye_low_wh_wh_bk.jpg

Reebok Answer V Mid
p448470reg.jpg

AND 1 Tai Chi Mid (different colorway)
taichi%203%2013.jpg

AND 1 24 Karat Low (in Red)
24KaratLow9157_s.jpg

Jordan Downtown
airjordandowntownbeige.gif

Come on man, get off the dunk hype. Those Cali dunks are straight overrated nonsense (but them Homers are the joint).

Today me rocks the Stash BWs.

Yesterday, rifts.

Tomorrow, micropacers.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Gen.Wedge said:
Those are some hot shoes, xsarien. I usually just wear whatever Vans happen to catch my eye when the Vans store runs their "Buy one get one half off" sale, provided they have them in size 13-14. :rolleyes:

Um, thanks? ;) I've never really gotten complimented on my sneakers before, so pardon the hesitation.

Anyway, yeah, Vans are great, I just didn't happen to see anything that I particularly liked. Then again, I'm not expecting much from chain stores these days. And, OK, upon reflection, "I have an unpopular shoe size" is grounds for shopping online. Not that you argued for it, I'm just sayin'...

Also, I agree with the general consensus on Chucks. They're very nice, but in cold weather, you better have another pair of sneakers lying around. The canvas just doesn't cut it.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
xsarien said:
Also, I agree with the general consensus on Chucks. They're very nice, but in cold weather, you better have another pair of sneakers lying around. The canvas just doesn't cut it.
I usually just deal with it. :( I always tell myself in the fall that I should get some cheap warmer shoes for the cold weather, and then I never do.

Sometimes if it's super cold, or if there's a lot of snow I have to walk in, I double up on socks, which helps a lot. I once waited in line for a show for about six hours in 20 degree weather with them on, though, and that sucked. I thought my feet were finished for sure.

scribb1er

IMG_0172.jpg

That's a picture of my current 2 favorite shoes, as I didn't really want to take a picture of all my shoes(26 of them).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom