• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should Zelda get the Princess Peach Showtime treatment? A Zelda Stand alone game

Zelda's a cool character and she's been underutilized, so I'm all for it. On the other hand I'm a bit skeptical about what kind of game that could be, and whether it'd be worth it. Seeing how long it took for them to develop BotW and even TotK.

lachesis

Zelda RTS or Turn Based strategy campaign (preferred) would be pretty neat.

Forces of Hyrule vs forces of darkness in episodic nature - as Zelda being the main leader of the Hyrule taking the lead.
Royal cavalry - Link​
Airforce-Archers - Rito​
Tankers - Gorons​
Navy - Zora​
Science - Sheikah​
Berserkers/Warriors - Gerudo​
etc.​
you know, capture the base, gather resource, build up etc - to get tri force & ultimately defeat Ganon.

Last edited:

March Climber

Gold Member
Zelda's a cool character and she's been underutilized, so I'm all for it. On the other hand I'm a bit skeptical about what kind of game that could be
It entirely depends on which version of Zelda, like radewagon radewagon said the Wind Waker Zelda can easily have games about her, BotW Zelda could have an RTS like lachesis lachesis is saying, and I'd argue a Sheik stealth game could work too.

kunonabi

I've been wanting a romance of the three kingdoms style kingdom simulator for awhile. You could even have some tenchi style espionage sections as Sheik.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

OIP.Q0ol250KYNVYMy2YVyxE0gHaHa

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
I was thinking on doing one using the cryzen assets, telling the stories of what Zelda did between link removing the sword and getting out of the temple of time.

GHound

Gold Member
I'd argue it should have even been done in place of, or bare minimum before, it.

Last edited:

Madflavor

Gold Member
But then what would Link do?

Do things for himself for a change. Take up a hobby. Read a book. Spend time with friends.

We live in the era of the Strong Female Character. So let Zelda solve Hyrule’s problems for a change, and give Link a well deserved break.

Comandr

Do things for himself for a change. Take up a hobby. Read a book. Spend time with friends.

We live in the era of the Strong Female Character. So let Zelda solve Hyrule’s problems for a change, and give Link a well deserved break.
Aonuma expanded by saying that if they were going to make a female character the main in Breath of the Wild, it would make more sense to just have Zelda act as the main character. When asked why Nintendo didn't just do that, Aonuma responded by asking what a certain other popular Legend of Zelda character would do.

"...if we have princess Zelda as the main character who fights, then what is Link going to do," Aonuma asked.

Robb

Gold Member
Sure, some kind of spin-off would be neat. I’d like to see them lean more into the use of magic and spells which Zelda would be a good fit for.

StueyDuck

A zelda/sheik spinoff from ocarina was a serious missed opportunity

Imagine like a splintercell stealth game starring sheik. Choking out bokoblins, throwing flash bombs to distract gerudo guards

Last edited:

Hudo

Gold Member
Zelda as the protagonist in a survival horror game where she needs to get out of a dungeon. Light and darkness as one central game mechanic, where one of the main (and scarce) resources of the game are the light bulbs introduced in Tears of the Kingdom. She could also try to navigate through the dungeon in complete darkness but if she strays to far, something will get her (we never identify what it is to keep the mystery up). Occasionally, she will see silhouettes of what appears to be Link. But we never really see the face of that and sometimes, these silhouettes seem to guide her to danger, sometimes to safety. Puzzle solving is involved, as well as fighting with a sword. But the combat is slower, her swings have to be precise (she can't just flail shit around). She also can use her time in the dungeons to investigate its mysteries and gain knowledge about where the fuck she actually is.

Game ends by getting out of the dungeon, realizing that she's standing on the surface of the moon resembling the moon from Majora's Mask, but looking towards the Breath of the Wild version of Hyrule down below.

Last edited:

NikuNashi

No. Stop craving for link to be cucked you animals. Links the hero, zelda is the damsel in distress, dont need to go any deeper than that.

Woopah

Zelda RTS or Turn Based strategy campaign (preferred) would be pretty neat.

Forces of Hyrule vs forces of darkness in episodic nature - as Zelda being the main leader of the Hyrule taking the lead.
Royal cavalry - Link​
Airforce-Archers - Rito​
Tankers - Gorons​
Navy - Zora​
Science - Sheikah​
Berserkers/Warriors - Gerudo​
etc.​
you know, capture the base, gather resource, build up etc - to get tri force & ultimately defeat Ganon.
Give me Total War Hyrule.

darth.shrimp

Gold Member
Give me Total War Hyrule.
Not quite what you were asking for, but....

Maybe after we see how the Peach game turns out. Zelda is more grounded a game and you can't do nearly as many playful things with her as you could with Peach.

I'm still a bit confused as to what they're going to do with Linkle. I'd prefer to see her be integrated more openly, but that seems like a longshot.

Top Bottom