• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill: Revelations - First look, story info

Status
Not open for further replies.

anaron

*More set pictures *

Dahlia

198258_10150110417445740_630700739_7165781_1892986_n.jpg

199015_10150110823210740_630700739_7168763_1092608_n.jpg

190071_10150110822230740_630700739_7168747_6311679_n.jpg

190671_10150111664695740_630700739_7177091_7070091_n.jpg

Miner? (smh)
189031_10150110821775740_630700739_7168738_3733089_n.jpg

198166_10150110420165740_630700739_7165810_4210131_n.jpg

196576_10150112842700740_630700739_7184138_7145373_n.jpg

more here: http://revistagamerstyle.com/2011/0...tion-3d-mas-de-50-imagenes-del-set-de-rodaje/

Carrie-Anne Moss and Malcolm McDowell Join Silent Hill: Revelation 3D

Moss and McDowell join rising star Adelaide Clemens (X-Men Origins: Wolverine, upcoming Mad Max: Fury Road), Kit Harington, and returning Silent Hill residents Radha Mitchell, Sean Bean and Deborah Kara Unger.

Hadida said: "Carrie has displayed her enormous talent across all genres – from 'The Matrix' trilogy to 'Memento' – and we are delighted for her to join the world of Silent Hill. She will certainly bring a new level of excitement to fans of the videogame franchise."

Director Michael J. Bassett said: "Malcolm is quite simply an icon of modern cinema and I've been a fan since I was a teenager when I managed to see 'A Clockwork Orange.' He has an amazing ability to bring new and unexpected dimensions to his characters and I know he will bring something unique and disturbing to Silent Hill."

New photo:

hbRMs.jpg

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
wait - Sean Bean and Radha Mitchell are back? Did I really miss that announcement?

This is def a must-see for me now.

Furret

Banned
BocoDragon said:
That's an odd thing to say..

1. Money

2. The unique horror of the game is very compelling and should easily translate to a film.

3. They already made one.. Why ask that now? And while there was room for improvement, it wasn't half bad IMO.

1. This is not a good reason.

2. The film wasn't in the slightest bit scary, despite sharing some visuals with the game.

3. The first film was terrible, it just wasn't as bad as most other game movies. But that's like saying you only got showered in dog piss instead of being run over by a manure truck.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
brandonh83 said:

Hmm, I don't come to the OT side enough.

Glad she's back. She's great. Whose playing the other Alissa? I assume she'll be split in two? Heather the girl Sean Bean finds and raises, and the Alissa that was stuck with Rose's character at the end of SH1.

Every new image of the girl playing Heather makes me feel more at ease with this movie. She just really looks the part.
Aside from the lack of tired eyes.

I'm still not sure how I feel about Vincent. I appreciate them doing something different than the game (because who would really want to watch an exact duplicate?), but I'm not wild about the idea of the movie revolving around their interest in one another. I'm crossing my fingers that this isn't the case!

Also, HOLY CRAP! Carrie-Ann Moss and Malcolm McDowell? Let's pray this is awesome.

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
He's Vincent

Yeah, the director said that he had a new vision of Vincent for the movie, I really loved that character in the game but I think it could work especially if he gives Adelaide someone to act off of better. Hopefully there's some decent chemistry.

While I feel the need to change Vincent into what seems like a completely different character is relatively asinine, I'm sure Bassett has his reasons. Screenwriting is a tricky thing so if he feels like this will serve the film better, whatever. We'll see.

anaron

After the first film completely bastardized the mythology of the series and successfully prevented further films from adapting the games properly, it doesn't especially bother me with changing characters around now.

(surprisingly) Great casting news otherwise. Kinda looking forward to this now for the cast alone. D:

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I really wish it went for the girl-all-alone kinda thing, but it won't:(

The first was still fine on its own, but it missed the chance it had of being actually scary. It should have been all about making you feel like you were all alone, yourself, in Silent Hill. THAT is what would make it scary.

I suppose the main thing to be glad about is that they're not going to make a Silent Hill 2 movie.

As before, this looks quite visually sound when it comes to the production design. As before, it's not the production design that I'm worried about, but the script and the directorial choices.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
BocoDragon said:
The absolutely low 29% tomatoe rating dies NOT reflect the actual quality of this film.
As far as I'm concerned Tomato ratings are meaningless if stuff like SocialNetwork can get rated above 50 (let alone the high 90s it got in the end).
That, or they are highly optimized for a certain audience, which again, makes them meaningless as a supposed "neutral" rating they are meant to represent.

But I agree SH was a decent movie, game adaption or not.

Melchiah

Not really satisfied with the first revealed monster.

tJFZ9.jpg

Seems too much like it had been taken from the later western Silent Hill games.

KAOz

Short bus special
Melchiah said:
Not really satisfied with the first revealed monster.

Reminds me a bit too much of The Janitor from the first movie.

Now, that monster in the picture would be cool as only a little background thing, a body. Like the deformed bodies you can find in the games.

But as a monster, naaaaaaaaah.

Oh, you guys. It's a set photo of a creature. How the fuck can you possibly know what it's going to look like on film? Movement and sound effects can add a great deal to things, you know.

And it might just be a background thing. Who knows. However we should be happy that the director wants to make the creatures practical and not CG.

icarus-daedelus said:
I'm really not worried about production design at this point; I just hope they can improve chiefly upon the awful dialogue of the first film.

Yeah, as great as everything looks, the tables could quickly turn as soon as we start getting trailers and clips. I'm optimistic, but at the same time trying not to get too excited.

KAOz

Short bus special
LuFel said:
please more P.head battles in the movie...

No thanks.

We need more Valtiel though. LOADS of Valtiel!

Also, interesting that the "monster" looks pregnant. Hint towards the whole ending bit of SH3? Heathers subconcious projecting all that onto the monsters here?

Melchiah

brandonh83 said:
Oh, you guys. It's a set photo of a creature. How the fuck can you possibly know what it's going to look like on film? Movement and sound effects can add a great deal to things, you know.

And it might just be a background thing. Who knows. However we should be happy that the director wants to make the creatures practical and not CG.

Still, it looks too much like Hellraiser to me. There isn't anything of the usual Silent Hill's bizarre physical attributes there.

In the amusement park video, you can hear a siren right before all the lights go off and the rides stop moving.

Please don't suck. Please don't suck.

Lime

I sincerely hope the lighting and camera filters will be up to the standards of usual Silent Hill aesthetics. The set pictures are obviously very clean and so on, so I just wish the director will be able to convey that sense of dirty ugliness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom