• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill Transmission live stream set for October 19, featuring latest updates on the Silent Hill series

bender

What time is it?
Well, lets hope they don't deviate from a single thing. I usually hate people who want a remake to be the exact same game (it should make changes and improvements, usually), but with SH2 it's necessary. Every camera angle, every sound, every moment was intentional. That game is set piece after set piece that was crafted exactly how it was meant to be.

I'm sure Blooper Team will bring on Tomm Hulett. What could go wrong?

SSfox

lets-go-lets-fucking-go.gif

Arachnid

I'm sure Blooper Team will bring on Tomm Hulett. What could go wrong?
The thought of that dude and Bloober making an SH2 remake is horrifying.

I'm going to try to stow my negativity though. I remember how bad the SH fandom was at its peak. The most condescending and pretentious group of fans I've ever met, full of dickheads and pseudointellectuals who thought they knew better than Team Silent themselves. Toxic in a deeper and more maddening way than your typical league fan throwing low hanging fruit insults. I don't really want to resurrect that lol.

Lets see how this goes. I'm going to give in to hype.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Lets see how this goes. I'm going to give in to hype.

I just think we need to let it go. It's been dead since the PS2 era. If this list is true:

• Silent Hill 5 - Masahiro Ito and Japanese developer
  • Silent Hill 2 bastardisation - Bloober Team
  • Silent Hill episodic spin-off - Annapurna Interactive
  • Return to Silent Hill movie - Christophe Gans

...it really makes me question the timing and why have so many projects as once? And the only possible interesting thing would be SH5 but it really depends on who the developer is. They should really just do a proper job of porting 1-4 and see if garners interest before these other projects.

Last edited:

Arachnid

I just think we need to let it go. It's been dead since the PS2 era. If this list is true:

...it really makes me question the timing and why have so many projects as once? And the only possible interesting thing would be SH5 but it really depends on who the developer is.
According to leakers, Konami looked at REs survival horror resurgence and success, and wanted in. Kind of poetic considering why SH was created in the first place.

But yeah, the only thing on that list with a prayer of being up to 1-4 standards is SH5. I've been hoping for an SH game up to those standards for the better part of my life now, I think. Hasn't happened.

The movie could at least be enjoyable. Gan's wants to leave the cult stuff behind and make an original story that is more psychological in nature (he said that in recent interviews). SH is at its best without the cult IMO. 2 and 4 had the best stories.

I'm not a fan of episodic titles, but Annapurna Interactive is fantastic at atmosphere and emotion. They could give something unique and special, but I'll be weary.

Bloober has always been nothing but misses for me. The only chance an SH2 game has of being good is by not deviating from the original in any way. The good news about them is that they're all SH fans and have been trying to emulate that style of horror for a while now. It's possible they'll be better at copying than making something original. Just do a Bluepoint with this game.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
I'm not a fan of episodic titles, but Annapurna Interactive is fantastic at atmosphere and emotion. They could give something unique and special, but I'll be weary.

Annapurna Interactive doesn't really tell us anything as they are just a publisher and work with a bunch of different developers. They publisher a gem here and there, but most of the stuff they associate with is a miss for me.

Dr.Morris79

Well, here we are again. 18 years since the last good Silent Hill.

It's 2022, of course this is the one series that'll come out on top of all the other beloved series' currently going through the ringer..

This one, with current Konami

In 2022

iVuGvsb.gif

'Cant wait'

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

ZoukGalaxy

In your restless dreams, do you see that pachinko ?
Happy Fun GIF by Apple TV+

Bonus random suggestions for Konami:
- Silent Pachinko : The Movie
- The Walking Pachinko
- Pachinko of the Dead
- Pachinko's Curse
- Metal Liquid Pachinko
- Pachinvania: Symphony of the Yen
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Pachinko : Money Lost
- Super Pachinko IV

Last edited:
Let it sink in that we could be possible playing new Silent Hill content designed by Masahiro Ito and Akira Yamaoka on the 19th (Silent Hill: The Short Message which was already rated). LET THAT SINK IN

Arachnid

Bro, did you really just plagiarize my post on Era?
Is it copied and pasted word for word?

Because otherwise, that's probably a pretty widespread hype take

EDIT again: Not that much of a reach, turns out LOL

Last edited:
Bro, did you really just plagiarize my post on Era?
Plagiarize seems like bit of a negative term, we should be celebrating this time of happiness. Handshakes all around everyone! Credit to you! Credit to everyone for great posts and points! We earned this as fans. We are in a great reality. DG agrees too!

Last edited:
Top Bottom