• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sister Location |OT| Five Nights at Freddy's Five: Nights at Freddy's

JycLdep.jpg

5NfbVe9.png

Platform: PC (Steam)
Genre: Survival Horror
Release Date: October 7th, 2016
Developer: Scott Cawthon

System Requirements

Minimum

• Processor: 2 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon or equivalent
  • Minne: 1 GB RAM
  • Graphics: 1 GB
  • Storage: 1 GB available space

Recommended

• Processor: 2 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon or equivalent
  • Minne: 2 GB RAM
  • Graphics: 2 GB
  • Storage: 2 GB available space

Welcome to Circus Baby's Pizza World! Your new job as our after-hours technician will be a piece of cake - simply patrol through our state-of-the-art entertainment center and make sure nothing goes wrong with our expensive machinery. Oh, the animatronics? Well, contrary to certain rumors you may have heard about that other pizza place, our animatronics are perfectly safe.
Fazbear Entertainment Circus Baby's Pizza World is not responsible for death or dismemberment.

Sister Location is the fifth entry in Scott Cawthon's best-selling indie series Five Nights at Freddy's. This time, instead of being restricted to a single room, you have free roam of the venue, and you must proactively maintain the various high-tech attractions and machinery featured in Circus Baby's Pizza World while avoiding the hostile robots lurking the halls.

L0MVvW1.png

4vHReES.jpg

zTVrzF0.jpg

zZ0MO6e.jpg

Rqfmncc.jpg

REVIEWS

Destructoid - 6/10

As someone who has stuck with the series from the start, I'm torn on what to make of Sister Location. In some ways, it represents a real step forward for the series, offering new and interesting takes on Freddy's brand of horror and some interestingly creative risks. But, it also suffers from horrendous pacing issues, a confused tone, and commits many of the same sins as previous entries in the series, made more grievous by repetition.

GameCrate - 7.5/10

Sister Location is a fantastic horror game, even if it doesn’t particularly feel like the rest of the FNAF series.

TechRaptor - 9.0/10

Genuinely terrifying, great storytelling, creepy designs - if it could find the right balance between varying mechanics, then it would have it all.

Ah was wondering when you would make the OT. Thanks again. Now to wait my next paycheck to buy or watch markiplier suffer.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Ah was wondering when you would make the OT. Thanks again. Now to wait my next paycheck to buy or watch markiplier suffer.
There should be a halloween bundle for all the games by now. If not the developer is seriously missing out and I'll settle with Mark. Mark never did play FNAF World right?
So his thing about delaying the game because it was too dark was bullshit?
It was a prank bro.

So his thing about delaying the game because it was too dark was bullshit?

Yep. He trolled everybody.

He even said that he'd upload the game as it is to gamejolt in parts as a "non-canon" thing while the real game would come out in two months, but all he uploaded was a reskin of one of his older games.

So moving freely sounds to me like one of those fan game takes where the animatronics are stomping around and you run from one hiding spot to another, which I thought was very cool. Hope that's the case here.

There should be a halloween bundle for all the games by now. If not the developer is seriously missing out and I'll settle with Mark. Mark never did play FNAF World right?

Nah Mark did not play it, and having played it myself, I can kinda understand why. It gets stale watching it quick and he cant make many jokes/quips out of it. Nice game but, eh, not "Lets Play on youtube" enjoyable.

Daffy Duck

The only title that mattered

I can't wait for my nieces to bug me about this

Same, my son sis obsessed with FNAF, h's going to be all over this.

Question: I don't know much about this series, but can I buy it/a complete pack on Steam for my son?

Cth

Another parent checking in..

I knew kids her age were into Minecraft, but had no idea they were into FNAF that intently as well.

Ended up buying all the plushies (almost, still need the Hot Topic exclusive) for her.. I'll end up buying this one tonight as well.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Another parent checking in..

I knew kids her age were into Minecraft, but had no idea they were into FNAF that intently as well.

Ended up buying all the plushies (almost, still need the Hot Topic exclusive) for her.. I'll end up buying this one tonight as well.

The bright side about the Five Nights games is while they're scary, they're not actually that gruesome or crude, and are on a topic children may be familiar/terrified with. I know some people were asking in a previous Five Nights thread why so many allow their children to play things like FNaF, but to be honest the content in the games aren't really that graphic and the game doesn't utilize strong language or anything either, so actually Five Nights might be one of the most kid-friendly horror games out there.

I'm talking strictly about content and not about the moral question of if a kid/parent wants the kid to be around something scary. That's up to each parent and child of course, but I find that angle of the series interesting. It might come from Scott's religious roots and the fact he has some children of his own.

Anyways, I find the new designs eerie and the voicing I've seen good, so I'll buy it and play it eventually.

I think the most interesting part of this game is the fact that the description has you as a technician, not a night guard. So I imagine you'll not only have to run from room to room avoiding the animatronics, but also have to fiddle with machines, wires, or other technical stuff to keep the building under control (or from them killing you).

It would make sense. In one teaser Scott released the backstory which involves the grand opening of the place being shut down due to apparent gas leaks (though people think something else is amiss).

So perhaps not only will the animatronics try to hunt you down, but maybe they'll also be purposefully breaking machines that could cause an explosion, or make it easier for them to kill you.

This is all speculation of course, but if it's true it'd be a real interesting change to the typical formula.

The bright side about the Five Nights games is while they're scary, they're not actually that gruesome or crude, and are on a topic children may be familiar/terrified with. I know some people were asking in a previous Five Nights thread why so many allow their children to play things like FNaF, but to be honest the content in the games aren't really that graphic and the game doesn't utilize strong language or anything either, so actually Five Nights might be one of the most kid-friendly horror games out there.

I'm talking strictly about content and not about the morale question of if a kid/parent wants the kid to be around something scary. That's up to each parent and child of course, but I find that angle of the series interesting. It might come from Scott's religious roots and the fact he has some children of his own.

Yep, if you look at just the gameplay, its all kid friendly, basically just a haunted house (er....kid restaurant in this case). It only goes dark when you go deep into the lore which I doubt most kids will understand.

daTRUballin

So........the game is out, but there's no hype for it here at all? Anybody played this yet? I'm about to buy it myself here very soon.

Mask

I can give a few thoughts on it.

The gameplay is completely different. Nights are no longer repetitive. Instead, every night has a few different tasks you need to do, and they're not as long as normal nights since there isn't a set time limit like before. I like the change, especially after 4 games of the same basic premise of surviving for a certain number of hours.

I'm only up to near the end of the third night, but so far, the story is just as dark as before, possibly even has the potential to be darker. What I can tell so far, spoilers btw,
Baby was pulled from the stage because she crushed a child in her ice cream maker chest cavity..
Also, mini-games after losing are back in, and I've already sussed out that it seems like there are hidden ways to mess with mini-games again, ala FNAF3.

daTRUballin

Bought this game a few minutes ago and waiting for it to download. Not going to read this thread until after I'm done playing to not spoil myself on the game. :p

Kalentan

Can't wait to watch Markiplier's video on this. :D I will admit to being one of those people who like to watch the games but don't play them myself.

Mask

I'm hoping that we don't get repeated segments from each night later on in the game, because some of em are very frustrating..

In particular, spoilers of course,
sneaking through the Funtime Auditorium using the flash beacon, which seems kinda random on if you'll get jumped or not, and the Funtime Freddy maintenance, because the Bonnie Puppet is a slippery fucker to catch..

It's a lot of fun, but I'm thinking I might wait for others to find the lore stuff since that's mainly what I'm in for and I wanna save some of the gameplay for streaming to friends.

daTRUballin

Man, after playing about an hour, I have to say Scott has certainly outdone himself. This is something totally different than what we're usually used to from FNAF. It's WAY more of a drastic change in gameplay than something like FNAF 4. This is something really interesting.

Nepenthe

Lack of time limits and unique tasks every night had me even more hyped than before, and I'm someone who would've been fine with the straight traditional mechanics. Definitely planning on getting this today, but not sure if I want to do so before or after Markiplier's video later.

On Night 2.
How do you keep the Circus Baby from opening the desk door? I was able to do it the first time, but not the second.

Can't wait to watch Markiplier's video on this. :D I will admit to being one of those people who like to watch the games but don't play them myself.

Same.
I love horror games, but the gameplay style of these just isn't my bag.

Basically:

-Markiplier for the inevitably thorough play-through (and his reactions)
+
-Game Theorist for the lore goodness

Really makes the FNAF releases my most anticipated "will not play these games" games. ;)

Landford

Banned
I cant really say how different it is from the others, but its really, really well made.

"Theres someone inside.....

Top Bottom