• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sister Location |OT| Five Nights at Freddy's Five: Nights at Freddy's

giphy.gif

The ballerina is right up there with Mangle as the most unnerving thing in the entire series for me. o_O

Odrion

Banned
Stuck on the second night
I hide under the desk and pulled over the metal grate, but they still find me, can I somehow turn off the flashlight?

MrPanic

Oh man, there's a lot going on in this game. Already loving the variety and the setting. Interesting to see how this is set up, not the single room setup from the other games where you get all the basics the first night and it just gets harder each subsequential night, but a more narrative setup where you seemingly get other things to do each night. I wonder if it's gonna build up to one crazy night 5 where you have to multitask everything you learned before or if it's actually gonna stay narrative and unique each night. I'm probably jumping to way to many conclusions already just from one video, but so far it looks like Scott made a great game once again. I'm totally aboard the fnaf hype train again.

I hide under the desk and pulled over the metal grate, but they still find me, can I somehow turn off the flashlight?

Looking from the Markiplier video, you just have to not look at the eyes and just hold the button on the grate when she tries to open it

Mask

Nah, it doesn't really tell you, but
try to avoid their eyes peeking through, and if the grate starts being pulled open, click and hold on the edge of it to slow it down and pull it back.

edit: didn't see it was already answered above :D

MrBadger

That ballerina can fuck right off.

This game feels more like a point and click adventure rather than a game that uses the same simplistic mechanics throughout, ramping in difficulty. Definitely much more ambitious than the first four

Nepenthe

Kept getting fucked up by Ballora due to stress and not listening to Baby, but eventually I got it. Now me and my brother are stuck on Night 3.

How in the world do you press Bonnie's button?!
EDIT: Figured it out.

daTRUballin

So I've just experienced a game breaking glitch on Night 2 two times in a row. I actually got to Night 4, but I had to start the whole game over because I wanted to show my brother the game from the beginning. The first time I played Night 2, this didn't happen at all. But now we can't even get past Night 2 because of this glitch.
So basically when you hide under the desk from the little guys, they start opening the door and you have to pull the door to stop them from opening it. You have to do this twice, and after the second time, they leave and Baby starts talking to you. But for some reason whenever I'm done pulling the door the second time, nothing happens at all. Baby doesn't even talk to me and I'm stuck there under the desk forever. This has happened twice in a row and it's very annoying.
Has this happened to anyone else? This is a pretty serious issue and really needs to be fixed.

Nepenthe

Alright, now stuck on night 4,
how do you get bonnie's power module?

You need to catch Bonnie partially in the light to keep him from running away. This will cause him to slowly raise up and stop in place, revealing the button. Once he's up all the way, click it ASAP.

Dude segmented faces are so fucking creepy, I can only imagine what kinds of horrors this game has with four characters with face panels that can pop open.

I've never played a FNAF game because I'm too much of a wuss, but I keep hearing they have really interesting lore. Can someone point me in a direction to read/see/hear about it? Is it just from watching/playing the games or are there like puzzle pieces that people are putting together outside the game to fill stuff in?

Iokis

Dude segmented faces are so fucking creepy, I can only imagine what kinds of horrors this game has with four characters with face panels that can pop open.

I've never played a FNAF game because I'm too much of a wuss, but I keep hearing they have really interesting lore. Can someone point me in a direction to read/see/hear about it? Is it just from watching/playing the games or are there like puzzle pieces that people are putting together outside the game to fill stuff in?

MatPat's game theories are pretty much a one stop shop for FNAF lore. YouTube channel is TheGameTheorists if I remember correctly.

Puzzle pieces. I think MattPat has done some videos on it that are nice, or you can read the FNAF Wiki if you don't want to see videos on it.

Nepenthe

The lore is all within the games and is communicated through phone calls, newspapers, dates, location names, mini games, etc. and it's all out of order. Ergo, everything you hear is pieced together from inductive reasoning and process of elimination. FNAF wikis and various YouTubers have the detective legwork spelled out if you don't want to watch Markiplier go through each game.

daTRUballin

So I'm stuck on the beginning of Night 4.
I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. Baby says you need to wind up the springlocks, but I'm not sure if I have to wind all of them up or just go for the red ones? I keep on dying in that part.
Anybody know what to do here?

Kyzon

I'm actually not watching videos. I saw the first night and now I just have to play and I'll watch others later.

I enjoyed the first 4 games, but this seems much better than I was expecting. The voice acting is great and the production values are just over all noticeable higher.

Scott putting in the work.

Drain You

I'm completely fascinated by these games. Never played a single one, but my gf's little cousins play them. Should I just start from the first one? Can I just jump in and play this one?

I'm completely fascinated by these games. Never played a single one, but my gf's little cousins play them. Should I just start from the first one? Can I just jump in and play this one?

I agree, never really played more than just a bit of 1 (though I own 3 now since Humble Monthly, could I just jump in on that?) but I love the aesthetic/atmosphere.

I agree, never really played more than just a bit of 1 (though I own 3 now since Humble Monthly, could I just jump in on that?) but I love the aesthetic/atmosphere.

You can start with any of them. There's some gaps in the lore if you do them out of order, but said lore is pretty easy to ignore if you aren't interested in them.

Nepenthe

So I'm stuck on the beginning of Night 4.
I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. Baby says you need to wind up the springlocks, but I'm not sure if I have to wind all of them up or just go for the red ones? I keep on dying in that part.
Anybody know what to do here?

You need to keep all of the locks from reaching the end of their wind. The moment a single lock reaches the end, you get jump scared. Imagine this sequence as the music box from 2 but on overload.

Easiest way to do this is to start winding the locks on the left, then the ones on the right, starting from the top each time. Cycle through this pattern. Keep them all around 100%. When it gets too difficult, change your maximum wind threshold to 75%, then 50%, and so on, until you hold out long enough to win, which is about three minutes.

Note: Hold the mouse button the whole time. The locks recognize left mouse click being held down when you're hovering. So no need to click more than once as it wastes time.

The Minireenas crawling on the sides are the only ones that can kill you. Use the wiggle controls to shake them off, but wiggling speeds up the unwinding of the locks. Ergo, wait until one is near the top of the screen and only press the buttons four times (ex. DADA) which is the minimum needed to shake them off. The ones crawling inside the suit are just there to psych you out, so ignore them.

This part is hard as fuck. Near the end, nearly all of the locks will be flashing and you'll be doing one or two winds in order to manage your time. Once you know the mechanics, it's nothing but practice. Good luck!

daTRUballin

You need to keep all of the locks from reaching the end of their wind. The moment a single lock reaches the end, you get jump scared. Imagine this sequence as the music box from 2 but on overload.

Easiest way to do this is to start winding the locks on the left, then the ones on the right, starting from the top each time. Cycle through this pattern. Keep them all around 100%. When it gets too difficult, change your maximum wind threshold to 75%, then 50%, and so on, until you hold out long enough to win, which is about three minutes.

Note: Hold the mouse button the whole time. The locks recognize left mouse click being held down when you're hovering. So no need to click more than once as it wastes time.

The Minireenas crawling on the sides are the only ones that can kill you. Use the wiggle controls to shake them off, but wiggling speeds up the unwinding of the locks. Ergo, wait until one is near the top of the screen and only press the buttons four times (ex. DADA) which is the minimum needed to shake them off. The ones crawling inside the suit are just there to psych you out, so ignore them.

This part is hard as fuck. Near the end, nearly all of the locks will be flashing and you'll be doing one or two winds in order to manage your time. Once you know the mechanics, it's nothing but practice. Good luck!

Thanks for the help! I'll keep all of this in mind the next time I play. :p

StillEdge

Is the series still on sale? I saw steam was having a robot sale the other day. I hope I didn't miss it. I've never played a Freddy game unless we are talking the fish.

StoneFox

Is the series still on sale? I saw steam was having a robot sale the other day. I hope I didn't miss it. I've never played a Freddy game unless we are talking the fish.
They aren't on sale, but you can buy the first four games in a $25 bundle which saves you about $4 total if you want to dive straight in.

Update. Contains gameplay spoilers:

Hey guys, I just made an update live that should hopefully take care of two issues that people were having.

1) Some people seem to get stuck under the desk on Night 2 due to the cut scene not activating after shutting the door the second time. I have hopefully fixed this, although it's difficult to tell since I have no computer available to me that experiences this problem. It honestly seems to be computer specific for some odd reason.

2) A lot of people are struggling with Night 4. While it is still tough as nails, I did take the edge off by making the Minireenas climbing the sides fall more easily, often with fewer shakes.

daTRUballin

Update. Contains gameplay spoilers:

Good! I was hoping he'd take notice of the Night 2 glitch at least. That glitch happened to me like 5 times in a row and I couldn't get past Night 2 because of it. There seemingly was a solution to it though.
I just let the little guys kill me once and the glitch stopped happening.
But good to know it might be gone forever.

Sesha

On night 4:
I've been trying and failing the springlocks several times, even trying some of the suggestions here, and I just can't do it. This is just extremely poor design and incredibly frustrating. It's not a question of knowing the game's mechanics or slipping up. I don't deserve to be punished with jump scares that I know are coming, for something where the timing is super tight to the point of requiring near perfect timing. This isn't Ninja Gaiden on Master Ninja mode or Street Fighter.

Odrion

Banned
Night 4
Apparently the dummies take less wiggling to fall down now, and I realized that you need to hold down the mouse button on the string controls instead of rapidly clicking them.

Even then, I'm still stuck at it.

Skittles

Man, the ending is fucked up
The scooper literally rips your whole skeleton out of your body ala MK style. Then an animatronic just slides into the flabbly skin left on the ground.

ahdurian

Man, the ending is fucked up
The scooper literally rips your whole skeleton out of your body ala MK style. Then an animatronic just slides into the flabbly skin left on the ground.

congrats
on getting the bad ending, like i feel the majority of us (if not all) got :D

congrats
on getting the bad ending, like i feel the majority of us (if not all) got :D
That is the true ending tho since it says it in lower corner if you brighten the screen. First time I've ever heard of a game having an easy true end but a hard to figure out fake endng for more context. Pretty neat.

I don't play these games, just watch them on YouTube since I don't have a pc. (If they ever come to 3DS/PSV/WiiU/PS4 I'd play the hell out've them!) but seeing the whole game I must say it turned out quite awesome. Love the old 12AM to 6AM strategy style, but the new linear story is quite different and it works. Voice acting is top notch and adds a completely different feel to the series.

I love the script and all the voice acting in this entry. It really does a lot to elevate the creepiness beyond the tired jump scares.

Wow.

WOW.

This one is SO above the other ones it's insane. The voice acting, the variability of the rooms and what you have to do, the writing, the humor the everything about this is just top fucking notch.

Like, it takes everything that worked about the series, plays with it and pushes it up to 10. Like holy shit. The female narrator's monologue when you go under the desk when you're not supposed to...holy shit.

Skittles

That is the true ending tho since it says it in lower corner if you brighten the screen. First time I've ever heard of a game having an easy true end but a hard to figure out fake endng for more context. Pretty neat.

I don't play these games, just watch them on YouTube since I don't have a pc. (If they ever come to 3DS/PSV/WiiU/PS4 I'd play the hell out've them!) but seeing the whole game I must say it turned out quite awesome. Love the old 12AM to 6AM strategy style, but the new linear story is quite different and it works. Voice acting is top notch and adds a completely different feel to the series.
I think the impact of the game would be far less if the scoop ending wasn't canon. We're gonna have to rethink some things for it all to make sense now.

daTRUballin

Wow.

WOW.

This one is SO above the other ones it's insane. The voice acting, the variability of the rooms and what you have to do, the writing, the humor the everything about this is just top fucking notch.

Like, it takes everything that worked about the series, plays with it and pushes it up to 10. Like holy shit. The female narrator's monologue when you go under the desk when you're not supposed to...holy shit.

Yeah. I definitely agree. Too bad the FNAF haters (read: 90% of GAF) won't notice or care. And every FNAF thread after this one will still be the same tired shit.

Mask

I'm still stuck on night 3, but watched other people play the game, and damn, Scott did good on this one!

It's totally changed from the old games, and the clickteam engine is really pushed to the limit! I'm hoping to finish the game soon once I beat one tricky part :3

I know it's a better game overall, but the jump scares are really weak... It feels like if they want to continue down this more narrative route they should think about removing them together, our making them far fewer and more memorable.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
watched Markimoo plow through this game, loved it.

I am half expecting a Halloween update.

Currently watching a video of Markiplier talking about the FNAF series with a friend and I'm rolling. Markiplier would bring up a topic that he has questions about and his friend, who has only seen bits and pieces of the installments, would make an off hand comment causing him to be mind blown at the possibilities. XD

Top Bottom