• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Six Feet Under is it losing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While last nights episode was good (Rico wife going to that house was a trip) has SFU lost that quirk that made it interesting. What happened to talking to the dead people, the bizzare dance skits and things like that?

IJoel

I don't know about you, but I think Six Feet Under is getting better and better. Excellent acting and this season it seems everyone's going to hell. R0X!

IJoel said:
I don't know about you, but I think Six Feet Under is getting better and better. Excellent acting and this season it seems everyone's going to hell. R0X!

Oh I think it's good. But, I enjoyed the bizarre trips with the dead people. When was the last time someone dead spoke to anyone?

IJoel

Slick_Advanced said:
Oh I think it's good. But, I enjoyed the bizarre trips with the dead people. When was the last time someone dead spoke to anyone?

Lisa bitching at Nate?

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
This whole season has been fucking terrible since it started. The writing has taken a nosedive. The show has officially jumped the shark.

Tenguman

It's been pretty bad. It reeks of "running out of ideas". It's almost Boston Public bad.

It's like if American Beauty went on for 10 hours instead of 2

I really liked the first couple of seasons, but it took a real nose dive this season.

IJoel

JC10001 said:
This whole season has been fucking terrible since it started. The writing has taken a nosedive. The show has officially jumped the shark.

HEATHEN!

This season has been really really great.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Tenguman said:
It's been pretty bad. It reeks of "running out of ideas". It's almost Boston Public bad.

It's like if American Beauty went on for 10 hours instead of 2

I really liked the first couple of seasons, but it took a real nose dive this season.

Thats exactly what I would have posted had I gone into more details. I agree 100% with the "running out of ideas" part. And yeah, it all started with this season.

Now it seems like all they care about is who is fucking whom. And now it looks like they are headed towards the obligatory lesbian storyline. As if we haven't already seen 100 shows do that already.

The show peaked at season 2 IMO. Season 3 started out bad (Lisa) but it really picked things up as time went on. I don't see the same happening for season 4, however.

Tenguman

The worst thing is that it's becoming so damn predictable

I saw the lesbian thing coming a mile away from the first moment she started hanging out with that chick. (I'm also getting so damn sick and tired of her "oh whatever, i don't care" attitude with everything. Can the writers throw in a little depth her way please? I mean real depth, no fake lesbian junk).

Brenda was going to fuck up and go back to Nate. DUH. I'll tell you what will happen next season -- she'll fuck up and leave Nate!

Marriage problems with the mother. They forshadowed that last season even! And *gasp* this has been her story almost every season before. New dude, breakup. New dude, breakup.

Everyone knew what was going to happen with Rico's storyline. They'll probably play that one out to divorce -- or close to it. Then they'll get back together.

about the only thing that was a bit of a curveball was whats-his-face getting carjacked. Other than that, it's be ho-hum all season. I think the biggest thing SFU has going for it is that there's nothing else on at 8pm Central on Sunday :/

Fatalah

Well, I must say---the show looks like its going through a turbulant time. But everything has a reason on this show. I enjoy Keith and David's storyline, with Keith's job and David's trauma experience (ps- Keith's job was his best job yet, they could make a whole spin-off dedicated to "the bodyguard"). George and Ruth's relationship emits alot of tension and its going to bear alot of fruit for alot of people watching it.

Nate's father's legacy is actually becoming a LEGACY in the first place--compared to George we see that Nathaniel was a good man. Rico's storyline with his wife also shows us what happens when good people get lonely and tempted. Rico was and still is the most sensible character on the show, he's an amazingly good man. Claire is just as empty as her art teacher depicted her painting...but she's a good sister, and the Fischer family looks beautiful together while they sing to Maya.

The sex scenes are what's making this show smutty. Otherwise, its doing a great job at expanding on its characters. I suppose that because all of this is happening ALL at once, it seems like a Melrose Place episode. The pace of the show WILL settle down---just as soon as the writers decide it right.

Anybody ever have one of those years that never seemed to slow down?

Tenguman said:
The worst thing is that it's becoming so damn predictable

I saw the lesbian thing coming a mile away from the first moment she started hanging out with that chick.

This is the only thing I had a problem with I was SO hoping she wouldn't have done it. Now, it's to tame and boring that it was a waste of space for them to even add it in. I would have been more shocked if it didn't happen.

I was hoping Keith's job would have stayed around a lot longer. I think in some strange way he is the most well adjusted of the bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom