• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: SK Telecom StarCraft II Proleague 2014 – Protoss Hard at Work

SamuraiX-

The KeSPA premier team league SK Telecom Proleague returns for 2014 on December 28th! This will be the first Proleague to be broadcast exclusively by SPOTV.

Eight teams return to compete this year but only KT Rolster, SK Telecom T1 and CJ Entus remain of the original teams that last participated. The formerly known 8th Team and Samsung Khan were rebranded as Jin Air Green Wings and Samsung Galaxy, respectively, with the former having finally found official sponsorship. The foreigner fan favorite from last season, EG-TL (Evil Geniuses and Team Liquid partnership) disbanded after finishing at the bottom of the standings. After 12 amazing years in the StarCraft scene and an incredible performance that allowed them to finish the season as the number one ranked team, the illustrious Brood War squad Woongjin Stars was forced to disband due to growing financial struggles with their sponsor. Even the champion of last season, STX SouL, lost its sponsor and left Proleague for the eSF's GSTL. With three spots having opened up and Incredible Miracle, MVP and Prime removing themselves from eSF around the same time, it was recently announced that each of these teams are now officially associated with KeSPA and will be participating in Proleague. Many player retirements and transfers later, Proleague is back with new teams and new rosters that promise to provide a very entertaining new season.

i0F21XTJ3SxDK.png

• Regular Season
    - Four rounds of round-robin tournaments between all participating teams.
    - Best of 5 matches in Proleague format.
    - Teams are awarded points based on what place they finish in each round with the four teams that earn the most points by season's end advancing to the playoffs.
  • Round Playoffs
    - The top four teams of each round will compete for the round championship.
    - Best of 7 matches in all-kill format.
    - Teams are seeded into a bracket where the winner of 3rd vs 4th place plays the 2nd place team and that winner plays the 1st place team.
  • Season End Playoffs
    - The four teams that have earned the most points from the regular season advanced to the playoffs.
    - Teams are seeded in a single-elimination bracket (1st vs 4th and 2nd vs 3rd semifinals).
    - Semifinal match-ups are Best of 3. Each individual match is a Best of 7 that alternates from Proleague format, to All-Kill format, to Proleague format.
    - Grand final is a single Best of 7 match.
ijKrMSUkX7TP4.png

• Season End Playoffs
    >
    ibyiYRrSeC6v05.png
    1st Place - ₩50,000,000 | $47,450
    >
    i0VwyHqeVdrEQ.png
    2nd Place - ₩20,000,000 | $19,000
  • Round Playoffs
    >
    ibyiYRrSeC6v05.png
    1st Place - ₩15,000,000 | $14,235
    >
    i0VwyHqeVdrEQ.png
    2nd Place - ₩5,000,000 | $4,745
  • Individual Awards
    > Player With Most Wins - ₩5,000,000 | $4,745
    > Rookie of the Year - ₩2,000,000 | $1,900
    > Head Coach of the Year - ₩1,000,000 | $950
    > Finals MVP - ₩3,000,000 | $2,850
iDPh9RpTl3s3B.png

iSc3cbJHyswFw.png

Wolf Schröder |
favicon.ico
@proxywolf

The 23-year-old Protoss player and hairstyle aficionado is getting his first shot at casting Proleague. Wolf began his StarCraft II casting career during the beta, commentating in numerous online events and hosting several of his own tournaments. In May of 2011, Wolf received his first big break that sent him to Korea to cast GOM's 2011 GSL Super Tournament. Just months later Wolf announced that he would remain in Korea as a permanent GSL caster. He would eventually become a full-time caster with Khaldor for both GSL Code A and the GSTL. Since then Wolf has built a very successful casting career, commentating in a number of premier StarCraft II events including MLG, IPL, DreamHack, ASUS ROG, Iron Squid, and WCG.

i9oA7nM7iQkbi.png

Brendan Valdes |
favicon.ico
@BrendanValdes

A former OnGameNet League of Legends caster that went by the name "Groople" and occasional fill-in caster for Dota 2, Brendan received the opportunity of his career when it was announced that he would be casting the 2014 season of Proleague alongside Wolf. Brendan was a close follower of the StarCraft II scene in the era of Wings of Liberty and a frequent player of the game but he doesn't appear to have any previous experience as a StarCraft caster. With the new year soon approaching, Brendan is incredibly excited about this new direction in his eSports career and looks forward to getting back into StarCraft II by giving it his all in commentating for the new Proleague season.

iZqhtOWu8hnbD.png

Andrew Pender |
favicon.ico
@mOOnGLaDeau

Australia's charismatic fan favorite Zerg player that goes by the handle "mOOnGLaDe" will come on as the third member of the casting team for the 2014 Proleague season. Andrew was an accomplished WarCraft III and StarCraft: Brood War player who has been committed to StarCraft II since the beta and has long emerged as one of the greatest players in Southeast Asia. Some of his greatest accomplishments in Wings of Liberty included taking first place at the 2011 Southeast Asian Battle.net Invitational and 2012 WCS Oceania Finals, second place at the 2012 WCS Australia Nationals and fourth place at the IEM Season V World Championship while in Heart of the Swarm his best finish came in making the quarterfinals of the 2013 Season 1 Premier League in WCS America. With his only known prior casting experience having been at the recent WCG 2013, Andrew has expressed his excitement about this incredible opportunity but has also mentioned that it doesn't mean the end for his player career.

iZRbDycX8wdm1.png

iiWEIzyyUCo9W.png

imtD0MzvN2yXg.png

iQT01meIiuMLj.png

• Sundays - 18:30 KST | 10:30 CET | 01:30 PST
  • Mondays - 18:30 KST | 10:30 CET | 01:30 PST
  • Tuesdays - 18:30 KST | 10:30 CET | 01:30 PST
ibj0LjeHU0jEZU.png

FPL is finally back to kick off the 2014 Proleague season! Below is a list of pertinent links based on the current round of the season as well as NeoGAF group standings from all rounds.

Standings for NeoGAF Group - Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Round 4

ibk9koTrZlfJSO.png

iblvKqXMvDudQW.png

Mairu

Is flash playing ? And i also heard rumblings that eg is sending out jaedong

Jaedong isn't going anywhere, they just renewed his contract

Might watch this a little bit but I don't really have interest in the 2v2 stuff they're adding. It's also a little tiresome that Proleague and GSTL are still two separate leagues. Oh well, at least there's someone casting this time that actually knows SC2

Syf

Banned
So hyped for these 2v2s. Unfortunately I'll probably be long since passed out on the couch before they start.

SamuraiX-

Preseason Bracket:

cO1Uec0.png

Is flash playing ? And i also heard rumblings that eg is sending out jaedong

Flash will be playing a TvT with Cure if KT and Green Wings are 1-1 after Stats vs CoCa and the upcoming 2v2.

Might watch this a little bit but I don't really have interest in the 2v2 stuff they're adding.

I think the 2v2 stuff is only for preseason... haven't found any information about it once the regular season starts.

So hyped for Bbyong + EffOrt vs Dream + DRG!! :D

survivor

Banned
Go KT Rolster and SKT.

Prime is gonna get destroyed so badly in this season. I hope they start acquiring some new talent soon.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
good combo. wolf wasn't getting the work he deserved at GOM and the new guy seems perfectly capable and not irritating.

Syf

Banned
Proleague starting up, GSL and WCS coming soon. Aww yiss, new season is in the air. Gotta say this is the most hyped I've been for a year of Starcraft.

Also lmao @ going CC first in 2v2.

SamuraiX-

good combo. wolf wasn't getting the work he deserved at GOM and the new guy seems perfectly capable and not irritating.

Yeah, pretty much.

I'm actually not sure if this Brendan Valdes guy ever casted StarCraft before and I'm not the biggest fan of Wolf but I can already tell this duo will be nowhere even NEAR the levels of annoying that SNM and Whiplash were.

Crap I missed a bit of it. What happened?

Also poor Prime. Hope Eins is half as good as Maru.

GO PRIME! Beat SKT1 and tell the other teams to not underestimate you!

LOL At Rain and Sacsri vs Terror and Eins.

Syf

Banned
Any of you post in the twitch chat? I wanna know who my fellow gaffers are. I'm biskk and yes, I like to spam.

I'm chaosjoe310 on the Twitch chat.

YEAH CREATOR! I kinda want Prime to lose this 2v2 to see Goojila play but if they win, even better.

Syf

Banned
Holy balls I just found out DRG is scheduled for a double TvZ 2v2 tonight. Why can't I hold all these hypes.

Dammit seeing MKP in the background is bringing tears to my eyes..... FUCK!

Please MKP for old times sake, play a match or two. Do the next 2v2!

Syf

Banned
If they want to do 2v2 they should get some decent 2v2 maps. These wide open ones are just begging for 2v1 rushes.

Why do they keep going CC first? That with a Hatch first is basically dead to any aggression.

If they want to do 2v2 they should get some decent 2v2 maps. These wide open ones are just begging for 2v1 rushes.

They're only doing this map for now. There'll be more maps and this map might not even be part of the rotation.

SamuraiX-

It's pretty hilarious that Sacsri and Rain just individually dominated their opponents. Treated it like two 1v1s happening simultaneously on the same map. haha

Edit: Oh, shit! Kal's back, baby!

But that new game... no, man. Just no.

Sucks that Jaedong isn't participating, I really want to see him compete in proleague again, now that he has improved so much.

Is he going to be in GSL?

Man Kal just didn't scout the spire. Its really too bad. He didn't do to bad considering this is first official SC2 match.

GGWP to Prime. Took a game vs SKT1. Better than KT Rolster lol.

Top Bottom