• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim Anniversary Edition announced (Nov 11)

Saber

Gold Member
Don't worry, thousand of bugs gonna be fixed this time...right?

Of course not lmao

Sounds like there isn't a massive overhaul tbf

".... this version is essentially the Special Edition repackaged with over 500 Creation Club elements and fishing."

Guessing this version will come with a Retard certification too.

Last edited:

Neff

I have the PS4 version from 3,000 yrs ago that i started and never did much with. If the next gen upgrade makes it all beautiful and 60fps, id gladly start over and play from scratch on PS5

I'm more or less in the same boat except I have the 360 version. I wandered about for a bit, got killed and quit. I may give it another go if the PS5 version is good.

Droxcy

Been playing Skyrim VR with like 500 mods basically this version but refined by the community and not buggy lmao

Mowcno

Ok to clarify for people...

Free for owners of Skyrim special edition: Fishing, Survival mode, Saints and Seducers and a next-gen version.

Anniversary Edition is a paid upgrade that adds 500 creation club items.

The 500 creation club items is the only thing the anniversary edition gets over the special edition.

Saber

Gold Member
Guys, read this first...

IGN said:
Correction: An earlier version of this story said the upgrade from Skyrim Special Edition to Skyrim Anniversary Edition will be free. Bethesda has confirmed that the upgrade will not be free, and the story has been updated to reflect this.

Last edited:
Todd and Pete are legends
Yx5Bxof.jpg

Kuranghi

Its going to be funny as fuck if this isn't native 4K 60/120 on PS5/XSX, or it does but its like medium settings, you just know thats going to happen and there will be no explainable reason.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Waiting for the Uconnect version so I can play on my new cars infotainment center.

They really like beating a dead horse, don't they?

Don't get me wrong. I love this game and I appreciate that they keep supporting it, but this game is a decade old and can be played on 2 generations old consoles.

Isn't it a waste of resources at this point or do they expect to sell a lot of current gen versions?

(Ps. Please add ray tracing.)
What are you talking about, they're just trying to catch up with Rockstar. Those MFers gonna hold the record releasing the same game on THREE generations of consoles. Bethesda can't let them get the lead!!

this is all sarcasm in case someone gets triggered

Ok to clarify for people...

Free for owners of Skyrim special edition: Fishing, Survival mode, Saints and Seducers and a next-gen version.

Anniversary Edition is a paid upgrade that adds 500 creation club items.

The 500 creation club items is the only thing the anniversary edition gets over the special edition.
Well to be fair that's still not bad. There's like 50 creation club mods currently available, and it costs you around 15750 Bethesda bucks to get them all, the most efficient way to get that many is to buy 3 of the 5500 packs, which costs $40, so $120 in total. How much are paid upgrades usually? $10/20 dollars? And you'll get an extra 450 creation club mods for no extra cost.

At that point you're basically paying for another expansion pack with all the shit you'll get.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Don't worry, thousand of bugs gonna be fixed this time...right?

Of course not lmao

Guessing this version will come with a Retard certification too.
Nah that certification is being sold with the new seasonpass

Last edited:
Depends on the upgrade cost. I dip into the CC every time I fire the game up again and grab whatever's free, with a bit of money spent on things. If the upgrade is $20 it might be worth it to me, but not more than that.

EDMIX

So, both Skyrim and GTA5 have been on PS3, PS4, and PS5.

Wow.

Well sir, in all fairness

GTAIII, VC and SA have been on ios, android, PC, PS2, PS3, PS4 and wait for it....soon to be PS5. That isn't even a "wow" thing now, that is a standard thing at this point. I'd be shocked if they didn't tbh as that is sorta the norm for them.

What I do "wow" at is no GTAIV port. Do some fixes to quality of life, easy money. I also wow at no Oblivion or Fallout 3 port. Both great sellers and fan favorites. Maybe with some of that MS money, it can happen or more likely to happen etc

One should not be shocked at a company looking to make money, one should be shocked and "wow" at a company that ignored the opportunity. I mean, think about it....when EA was like "we not doing remakes or remasters, we focused on new games" its not like all of the gaming community was like "oh thats normal of EA to not want more money and stuff" LMFAO! Most of us questioned this as it generally didn't make a lot of sense, keep in mind....I get where EA is coming from, they want to show they are looking forward and not back and want to show new games vs old games etc, but if the fans keep asking for remasters, remakes......money is money and business is business so I'm happy they reconsidered and listened to fans.

jigglet

Banned
Given the next one will be at least 3-5 years I think there's a real possibility this isn't the last re-release.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
So question/s:

I haven't played since the initial release of the game. If I jump in on gamepass now will that be the best time as a PC player or do I want to wait until November for this? I don't really want to pay for 500 mod things or whatever but is what's coming worth the wait, or should I play now ?

Top Bottom