• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim Anniversary Edition announced (Nov 11)

onunnuno

Neo Member
what year is it GIF

GeorgPrime

Banned
I tried it once when it came out back then.... got bored fucking fast by it.... never touched it again and i dont fucking care for anything that will be released nowadays regarding Skyrim lol

Happy life.

Last edited:

Bigfroth

What's this Skyrim!? Never heard of it must be a exclusive game on some obscure console nobody owns😉....Yes I'll probably end up buying it! Damn you!! Tod Howard!

Madonis

Skyrim is fun. It's a giant sandbox and there's enough cool mods to mess around in it.

I probably won't buy this one though. I already have two other versions and that's fine.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Oh boy, I'm just ecstatic to finally fish in Skyrim. I've been waiting for this for nearly a decade....(shamefully takes out wallet)

There's something about Todd Howard that just hypnotizes me to like him. Tell me your sweet, sweet little lies...

Bethesda has clarified that the free upgrade is a patch, so things like mod size limit increases for console is unlikely. Also the paid upgrade for those who already have SE comes with all current CC content, and 24 new CC items.. All the big Bethesda YouTubers (Matty, Fudge Muppet, ESO) already have videos on it.

Honestly none of the CC content was bad, just overpriced. MS might have a tidy little success on their hands here, especially for Playstation players who got fucked over on console mods.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Bethesda has clarified that the free upgrade is a patch, so things like mod size limit increases for console is unlikely. Also the paid upgrade for those who already have SE comes with all current CC content, and 24 new CC items.. All the big Bethesda YouTubers (Matty, Fudge Muppet, ESO) already have videos on it.

Honestly none of the CC content was bad, just overpriced. MS might have a tidy little success on their hands here, especially for Playstation players who got fucked over on console mods.
Agreed. There's some solid pieces of CC in there that I'm looking forward to, but there's no way I'm buying into the Bethesda bux system for one pack of 3 armours for ~£5 and having wasted leftover currency. They could have gone the cheaper route with direct payments and I'm sure they would have got a lot more money from it in the long run given Skyrim's massively long tail for sales and continued player count. As it stands, it's overpriced content that will only be worth it in the bundle they sell. I've only ever got the free stuff that was on rotation since I returned to the game, and they seemed to have stopped doing those since the announcement.

Still curious about the price for the upgrade, if it's above £20 they're crazy.

Didn't the SE already have mods?
Yes, but does this new version have all those (the official paid creation club mods, not the regular non-creation club approved ones)and more? Or what? My assumption is that the new version has all the old paid mods, and maybe a few more (the said 500+ Pieces of mod content or something like that right?), and fishing natively added, and maybe some texture or lighting upgrades if we are lucky ? …we don’t really have much info.

If it’s just the same mods that have already been released, but with no other mods added… that would suck. I actually paid for some Xbox mods because I want to see more mods on console. …500 pieces of mod content could just be a bunch of weapons and armors. They need to give us more info.

Last edited:
And people said the ps5 wouldn’t get the next elder scrolls game…

Bake Off Giggle GIF by PBS
I do get the feeling that Skyrim will eternally be "the next Elder Scrolls" game.
I know it wasn't him this time but I do think that whenever Todd Howard walks out on a stage to announce something that this should be his theme tune and he should just hold up the next version of Skyrim over his head in both hands while this plays out.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Yes, but does this new version have all those (the official paid creation club mods, not the regular non-creation club approved ones)and more? Or what? My assumption is that the new version has all the old paid mods, and maybe a few more (the said 500+ Pieces of mod content or something like that right?), and fishing natively added, and maybe some texture or lighting upgrades if we are lucky ? …we don’t really have much info.

If it’s just the same mods that have already been released, but with no other mods added… that would suck. I actually paid for some Xbox mods because I want to see more mods on console. …500 pieces of mod content could just be a bunch of weapons and armors. They need to give us more info.
For clarity, the 500 pieces claim is a stupid inflatory count. It’s 48 existing additions and 26 new, unreleased ones. 500 probably refers to the number of individual items or elements within them all - a misleading metric.

thelawof4

What the actual fuck is this? They didn't even announce that they will add graphical enhancements.

Last edited:

Connxtion

Guess am starting a new game.

The only issue I had with the mods is how the system works. You can’t have a static list it’s dynamic so every time a mods up dates you need to move it into the correct place in the list so it doesn’t effect above and below mods. And god forbid you uninstall the game 😭 you need to remember every single mod you had installed. (I have a note book with 2 pages filled with mods in the correct order)

So am hoping this new version (will be free to me) the mods included are preconfigured and part for be game. As I can’t be arsed having to micromanage mods.

LimanimaPT

Seriously, this remasters, updates, directors cuts, shit must come to an end. This game was release 10 years ago on last last gen hardware.
Where the hell is ES 6?! I feel like developers waste time with this shit instead of working on new iterations.
Well, people keep buying them, why shouldn't they?

Winter John

I've never finished Skyrim. It's one of them games where I get to around lvl 20 and lose interest. I bought the original and the upgrade one. In fact I bought the GOTY version last month for my new XBox because it was on sale with Fallout 4. There's another one I never finished. Maybe that's why they keep re releasing it

Top Bottom