• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sliding feet...

Zaptruder

Banned
So I'm having a look at the MS conference and for the first time see the actual DOA4 trailer in full...

and the first thing that strikes me is that... the feet of the characters still slide around when they're hit.

What's with that? It looks so out dated, and regardless of any other effect, just shatters the reality and effect of the graphics and animation.

So... will we still see sliding feet next gen? Given that was an early build of DOA4... but I'm not optimistic...

I mean, what do real people do when they get hit? (where most of the sliding feet occurs)... Well, they get stunned, stumble backwards, or just fall over... but in games, they slide back.

What can they do about it? It irks me no end... I'm sure they're games out there that have a realistic motion to their characters when they're hit and pushed back though... hell, the problem doesn't seem to pervade something like GTA:SA even, when I'm using hand to hand attacks (simple as the H2H might be).

I don't know... it seems to me like if Team Ninja can't figure out the problem of sliding feet, they'll have to be called out for the shitty posers that they are. Sounds a bit extreme, but that's the nature of games I guess; you take care of the details and you'll end up with a good game. If you don't, well, there might be bits and pieces of good games in there, but it frustrates gamers not just because its inconsistent but because you see how a little more effort would've ironed out problems like that.

Amir0x

Banned
It doesn't matter, DOA is a shitty fighting series and sliding feet is the least of its problems.

Although DOA4 looks great visually to me. Especially after seeing the Hi-Def trailer, it is pretty beautiful indeed!

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Agreed, the "sliding feet" turned me off a bit as well. Having a game look great doesn't just involve great models and textures, and it becomes even more obvious now.

Top Bottom