• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slime Rancher 2 Dev: 'Xbox Game Pass Was An Easy Decision For Us'

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Earlier this week, we had a chance to talk to Nick Popovich, the CEO of developer Monomi Park, about a variety of topics related to Slime Rancher 2, including the team's delight to be featured as part of Xbox Game Pass.

Here's what he had to say when questioned about the service:

"Microsoft has always been a great partner for us and really seems to ‘get’ Slime Rancher so it was an easy decision for us. With Game Pass, I think it’s a great mechanism for especially smaller indies to reduce risk by taking a Game Pass deal, but for us, I think the model compliments our games, which we run a long time.

So, keeping up an active player base allows us to keep finding an audience as we release one content update after another over a period of years. In my opinion, one of the single best ads you can get for your game is those little notifications on each platform that tell you “Your Friend Jane is Now Playing Slime Rancher”. That’s hard to beat."

boom smile GIF

spons

Lump sum to get your game on Game Pass + percentage of game time by subscribers paid + sales of the game. What a surprise, it works.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I thought we’d all agreed that we’d have new posts for the game announcements but all of this promotional material could get slapped in the Game Pass general discussion thread?

Pure Xbox, who browses these websites man.
I didn't really see anyone asking for the Shu thread to be closed when he explained that a sub model doesn't work for them. This dev is saying it does work for them, and explains why. I'm not understanding the anger really.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I didn't really see anyone asking for the Shu thread to be closed when he explained that a sub model doesn't work for them. This dev is saying it does work for them, and explains why. I'm not understanding the anger really.

Pure Xbox is no different than Push Square in terms of the kind of articles/news it puts out, I don't see anything wrong here either.

Might as well create a topic titled "indie game Devs paid to have their games on gamepass say it's a great deal" and update it each day.

You should read post #2 as well, he's also talking about the success of the launch and the highest sales they've had.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I didn't really see anyone asking for the Shu thread to be closed when he explained that a sub model doesn't work for them. This dev is saying it does work for them, and explains why.
I don’t know if there is a general Shu thread, or a general PS Plus thread, but if that was your thought you should have posted it in the Shu thread (y)

I'm not understanding the anger really.
I’m not angry.

adamsapple

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
I thought we’d all agreed that we’d have new posts for the game announcements but all of this promotional material could get slapped in the Game Pass general discussion thread?

Pure Xbox, who browses these websites man.
I think maybe slap it into the games thread, as it would bump the thread and remind people that the game is coming out/let them know about it.

I would argue a little more exposure is nicer for the game + the people that want to spread some positive PR/Dev reactions about game pass, can kill two birds with one stone.

Last edited:

adamsapple

I thought his joke was pretty good too, I'm just borrowing it lol. Both sides do this all the time!

If OP wants to edit in the tweets where the developer is talking about the games successful launch, that should hopefully appease some of the angry folks.

I think this should be a general thread for the games very successful launch, not just him praising the service.

tmlDan

every thread is the same, it's like deja vu.

Both with the dualsense bonuses and "GP was an easy choice for us":
sam winchester yawn GIF

Snorting Slimes and Shooting them into Pens is addicting. I had an intervention and we all agreed to delete the game from my Xbox.

Lognor

Banned
I thought all these GamePass comments were supposed to be kept to that one thread.

The_Mike The_Mike has been using every possible excuse to make several new GamePass threads daily.

It's strange, because similar threads for PS+ were locked and closed.
Did the mods say as much? If you believe that is correct go ahead and report this thread.

I did report your ps+ threads because you were trolling. Those were the threads that were locked. Nice try though!

adamsapple

The_Mike The_Mike posted a thread about Deathloop being on GamePass Sept 20. I posted a thread about Deathloop being on PS+ Extra Sept 20. One remained open. One was quickly locked.

Oh you mean the thread you made after copying someone else's avatar, and that there already was a thread about that game coming to PS+ Extra ?

Gee wonder why that got closed :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
Top Bottom