• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I just bought Kingdom Hearts All in One package

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I get hardcore KH fans to love that convoluted shit, but if the narratives in these games were stripped down/more straightforward, these games would've been considerably more enjoyable imo

It's the type of stuff that seems deep when you were a kid but eventually grow past once you're exposed to better writing and storytelling.
I like the concept of some of evil force corrupting all these Disney worlds, and you have to go in and defeat them and restore the timeline how it’s supposed to be.

KH is a blast whenever it just sticks to that, instead of having some tween douchebags delivering monologues about fate and destiny and darkness and stuff.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
KH is a game that’s good when it’s good, but it’ll get tiresome getting to what’s good. The Magic Mirror fight was good in Birth by Sleep, so was Cinderella’s castle, but it takes some patience and a lot of mindless talking to get to it. Each game gets good and then super weird. I compare it to being in a Disney World Store. Everything looks great, but way too overpriced. Meaning, whatever is good has has a lot of mindless time wasting behind it. I skipped 1 or 2 super long cutscenes in the 3rd game. It goes on and on and on. You’re thankful when the cutscenes end.

Top Bottom