• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So when is the media blitz for X360 going to hit?

J2 Cool

I'm talking game footage, advertisements, etc, etc. E3 was my initial guess, but they played it low key with a lot of stuff not ready, and basically showing powerful pc demos. Still, right now we're in a phase of waiting for the better looking games to start popping up. Supposedly they will come with the final dev kits. Does anyone got a clue or estimate to when that is? I've heard that the 2nd gen titles will be the first true Xbox 360 titles. I'm hoping we got a couple standouts though first gen.

But anyway, when are the magazines and websites going to start being taken over by next gen previews? It's coming in quietly right now, and I'm taking all the footage for a grain of salt. Microsoft can't let this last forever though right? I'm expecting them to push it like they did Halo 2. That was pretty successful. But do you guys expect the Tokyo Game Show to have Xbox 360's out and playable? Or will Microsoft have their own event, being Tokyo isn't exactly their most important market. Also, do you think PS3 will have a similar display at TGS akin to what X360 showed at E3. If the spring release in Japan is right, they should really start pushing too I'm guessing.

Basically, when's it going to get exciting? It doesn't look like we're really going to get that jump. Not unless Sony's got some of that E3 footage in playable form. But if we are, how long are they going to wait? It's kinda like PC technology cradled us right into next gen.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i'm guessing x05 will start the floodgates of previews and info

Zeo

Banned
No one knows. :p

I'm waiting to actually see a launch game. All we've seen are a couple pics/movies here and there, most not even running on 360.

It's 5 months away, what the hell are they doing? :\

J2 Cool

Well, something like PGR3 looks fantastic. But if it looks so good why aren't we seeing more of it? I'd whore it out if I owned the product and knew it was that good. Videogames aren't about teasers and interest. Show us the damn games and if it looks good people are there. Are they scared, strategizing, not ready?

op_ivy

Zeo said:
I'm waiting to actually see a launch game. All we've seen are a couple pics/movies here and there, most not even running on 360.

NOTHING is running on 360 yet :p

Shompola

Banned
J2 Cool said:
Well, something like PGR3 looks fantastic. But if it looks so good why aren't we seeing more of it? I'd whore it out if I owned the product and knew it was that good. Videogames aren't about teasers and interest. Show us the damn games and if it looks good people are there. Are they scared, strategizing, not ready?

Bizzare has allready answered that a few days ago. They simple said that they are concentrating 99.9% on developing the game rather than making demos/movies. Hopefully that means that the game will be out day ONE.

J2 Cool

Shompola said:
Bizzare has allready answered that a few days ago. They simple said that they are concentrating 99.9% on developing the game rather than making demos/movies. Hopefully that means that the game will be out day ONE.

There's a 00.1% missing those sneaky bastards!

bloke

This next month is japanese Xbox360 event, so...it wouldn't be too wrong to expect at least little bit of new media and announcements.

op_ivy

J2 Cool said:
There's a 00.1% missing those sneaky bastards!

thats percisely the percentage needed to take screenshots of asphalt and buldings :p

Top Bottom