• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So who's getting Resident Evil 5?

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
In all the hoopla of E3 I am surprised no one mentioned that RE5 was MIA...so what console do you think it's going to? Right now I am betting on PS3.

Edit: Fixed title.

Razoric

Banned
capslock said:
In all the hoopla of E3 I am surprised no one mentioned that RE5 was MIA...so what console do you think it's going to? Right now I am betting on PS3.

if capcom was smart... all systems

but they are not, so ps3 only

You don't have it yet? I'm enjoying it so far, but
I'm having problems controlling Wesker when he goes into zombie mode. Anyone have tips?

I don't like the music, though. I guess it turned out for the best that all games are required to support custom soundtracks. I've been playing with popular rock group Linkin Park in the background and it's safe to say that I've been having a rocking good time, as would be expected with Grammy-winning Linkin Park.

NANANANANANA LINKIN PARK

NANANANANANA LINKIN PARK YEAH

NANANANANANA

Razoric

Banned
Of All Trades said:
You don't have it yet? I'm enjoying it so far, but
I'm having problems controlling Wesker when he goes into zombie mode. Anyone have tips?

I don't like the music, though. I guess it turned out for the best that all games are required to support custom soundtracks. I've been playing with popular rock group Linkin Park in the background and it's safe to say that I've been having a rocking good time, as would be expected with Grammy-winning Linkin Park.

NANANANANANA LINKIN PARK

NANANANANANA LINKIN PARK YEAH

NANANANANANA

wtf

So who's getting Resident Evil 5? #1

If Makami is involved it's a guranteed purchase if he's not I'll wait and see

but I don't think we'll see another RE before this generation is over I just don't think it's gonna happen

I say if there is a RE5 it'll be on a next gen system

lordmrw

I want to know about the game first. Just because one installment of a series was the shit doesn't mean the followups will be too.

I'll buy it. I've beaten every other main series RE, and loved them all.

I hope it comes out for PS3 or Revolution (the two systems I will most likely get.)

Elios83

PS3 surely will get it.
But I think it could arrive also on Revolution and Xbox360 if Nintendo and Microsoft are willing to pay for it.
Of course Capcom will take note of RE4 PS2 sales before taking a decision.

I wouldn't be surprised if it would come out on both the Rev and PS3 with unique features for each.

The sales on the GC were far from a disaster to ignore it next-gen, especially if Nintendo's image changes in the future.

But of course, the most realistic approach would be for the PS3 only.

Capcom is building quite the fanbase on the Nintendo consoles with Resident Evil, Viewtiful Joe, and Killer 7, so I would think Revolution and PS3 would be the smartest choice.

cvxfreak

Capcom would be best to put it on Revolution and PS3. If that's the case, I'll get both versions from both the US and Japan. :)

cja

Hopefully all three. The sooner Japanese publishers realise they got shat on this gen by EA, Activision and THQ because of multi-format, same day, releases the better.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
The sooner Japanese publishers realise they got shat on this gen by EA, Activision and THQ because of multi-format, same day, releases the better.

F*ck that.

ALl those Western games had annoying technical flaws or simply weren't "all they could be" due to the multiformat releases.

I hate when games are whored around to different platforms. Developers should focus all of their efforts on one platform and best exploit that hardware. Multiplatform games always ended up looking worse than the best exclusive titles.

Elios83

cja said:
Hopefully all three. The sooner Japanese publishers realise they got shat on this gen by EA, Activision and THQ because of multi-format, same day, releases the better.

Better for their investors maybe,not for the gamers,looking at the avarage quality of Ea,Activision and THQ games :lol
Developing a game exclusively on a platform allows to focus more on the gameplay and to really use the platform's hardware.

Ark-AMN

Banned
That depends really. Cross-platform development has gotten easier these days, and if a company has a very strong idea, and knows their demographics, then it could easily flourish on all systems.

Pellham

Banned
if capcom was smart... all systems

but they are not, so ps3 only

Given how many systems all of the current RE titles have been ported to, it would not surprise me at all that RE5 gets ported to 360 and Revolution down the line (perhaps 1-3 years after an initial PS3 release).

Timbuktu

I dunno if I want RE5 to just be more of the same or something fresh like RE4. Having more of RE4 like Majora's Mask was to OoT would obviously be great, but if it's next-gen, then I dunno. RE4's strength was at least in part its graphics and atmosphere, and right now I can't tell if there's that much of a difference going from RE4 to the graphics of some 360 games. Conversely, RE5 won't stand out from the crowd quite as much. Capcom can either milk it, or work on it until they can at least push the next-gen consoles a bit, which may mean a few years of work. As for platforms, I won't make any predictions for Rev, but if its interface has got something that would make RE5 much better, then I wouldn't mind RE5 being Rev exclusive, but otherwise cross platform would be a good idea.

Top Bottom