• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Frontiers hits 3.5 million units sold, surpassing Heroes as best-selling 3D Sonic title

Alebrije

Well, hope this helps Sonic still be here for a while...

Sonic and Megaman suffer from the same problem , porting them to 3D has been a nightmare,specially Sonic and its speed..

Sega should relase a new 2D sonic with an ambient ans exploration like Ori or Metroid.

Last edited:

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Sonic Frontiers launch on PS4, PRO, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Series S, Series X, PS5, PC and Nintendo Switch, while Mario Odyssey release on Nintendo Switch.
Yup, Sonic's popularity is pretty disapointing on Xbox, PlayStation and PC. The funny part is that the franchise is quite popular on Nintendo consoles 😅.

The only place where Sonic isn't destroyed by Mario is mobile: Mario Run was supposed to kill every fucking mobile franchises but nope. It was popular but not stellar.It never passed the 500M DL on Google Play (far from the 1 billion Subway Surfer) Like Sonic Dash, Mario Run is stuck in the 100-400M DL range (Nintendo announced they'll wind down their presence on mobile...on the other hand Sega has now 3 Sonic games in the 100-400M DL category: Dash, Dash 2 and Forces Battle)

I liked it initially, but for some reason, once I got to the 4th island, I felt like I had to take a break from it.

The game seriously feels like it was made on a $10 budget. The glitches and bugs are all over the place, the art direction is horrible, the cutscenes are typical open world zero effort material, and a majority of the actual stages feel really bad to play.

I'm open to a Frontiers 2, but it needs a much higher budget. After the game and the movies performing really well, there's no excuse. Time to give the brand the budget it deserves again, please!

Top Bottom