• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony is looking for a PC planning analyst to expand on the platform

Belthazar

I wonder if they could just release a PlayStation storefront and launcher on PC at this point It would integrate with their ecosystems (messaging, trophies, etc). Maybe even get this parties to put games there. But they would have to be serious about it and release it with at least some semblance of feature parity with stream, or it'll be DoA just like Epic.

Gravity Rush
Ico / Shadow of the Colossus / The Last guardian
Bloodborne

hack-khaby.gif
No lie I would double dip on all those games.

Flutta

Banned
LOL , the WORST decision of Playstation. Want Play ours games? Well, buy a PS console. Works for Nintendo and works very well.

Works for Nintendo because they have a more robust 1party house. PlayStation is basically mostly a 3party machine tbh. It's hard to only survive on their own first party games, they need those FIFA's and COD's bring in that extra dough. Also Sony/PlayStation spends a lot on operation cost compared to Nintendo... so yeah there are variables to consider here when comparing them to Nintendo.

That's not equivalent at all.

Somehow you ignored that there are things like the Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick, Roku Streaming Stick.

A streaming service is relatively cheap with minimal upfront cost. Tying your content to a 500 dollar set top box is completely different. You will always have a limited buy in for that.

Your not understanding the difference between exclusive content and exclusive access is bewildering. The access is REALLY important to ubiquitous adoption.

You have to subscribe to Apple TV for Apple content, but if you don't want to keep it, you cancel it. It costs 10 dollars. If you don't like your PS5 or Switch, you're going to go into the hole getting rid of it.

One is a physical barrier to entry, and again, it's why Apple pushed to have the Apple TV app available on pretty much every device, even the Amazon Fire Stick.
No I didn’t. I literally addressed that in the very first thing I said. I’m actually not sure how you missed it.

That’s not the equivalent. The fire stick is not the console analog. The streaming service is. And yes they have exclusive shows. It’s that simple.

No I didn’t. I literally addressed that in the very first thing I said. I’m actually not sure how you missed it.

That’s not the equivalent. The fire stick is not the console analog. The streaming service is. And yes they have exclusive shows. It’s that simple.

It's not at all.

Look at games like Madden that release on all the consoles. What separates it? The set top boxes which are barriers to entry.

That's like saying TV channels are analogous, but what do they do, when shows reach syndication, they sell it to as many channels as they can.. for more visibility and revenue.

You've convinced yourself that the streaming service is analogous when it isn't even close. Hell, look at (HBO) Max which can be subscribed to through Amazon.

You don't really seem to be a student on this.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I say this as someone who games primarly on PC:
  • It's a better value / is much cheaper compared to an equivalent PC
  • It's easier to set up day one
  • It's easier to use day-to-day
  • Everything works on it without much fiddling, whether it be game releases, operating system software, sound settings, video/HDR settings, etc..
  • It's much quieter out of the box vs PC, which would take fiddling and making sure you buy the right cooling solutions to put together a quiet build
  • It's more power efficient than comparable PCs
  • Proper wireless Dualsense support with all the bells and whistles without having to tinker with anything
  • Full support of Playstation accessories like the PSVR 2 or the Playstation Portal

Other reasons as well, but that's the gist of it.
Could literally replace "PS5" with "XSX" - minus the Playstation-specific accessories and this post would still be accurate. Yet...people have been asking since this gen started..."Why buy an Xbox?"

I revel in the opportunities to point out obvious hypocrisy.

You people make me sick.

It's not at all.

Look at games like Madden that release on all the consoles. What separates it? The set top boxes which are barriers to entry.

That's like saying TV channels are analogous, but what do they do, when shows reach syndication, they sell it to as many channels as they can.. for more visibility and revenue.

You've convinced yourself that the streaming service is analogous when it isn't even close. Hell, look at (HBO) Max which can be subscribed to through Amazon.

You don't really seem to be a student on this.
You have to be kidding me. I’m being pranked right? This is one of the worst arguments I’ve seen on this board lol.

“So uhhh madden right. The game? What do you play madden on? A console? BOOM! SEE! 1:1 with streaming sticks”

What a joke. It’s so hilarious how smug you seem while not even having an iota of validity in your nonsensical replies here

Last edited:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Could literally replace "PS5" with "XSX" - minus the Playstation-specific accessories and this post would still be accurate. Yet...people have been asking since this gen started..."Why buy an Xbox?"

I revel in the opportunities to point out obvious hypocrisy.

You people make me sick.

mad people GIF

I've never said "Why buy an Xbox?". The same logic applies to either console.

You have to be kidding me. I’m being pranked right? This is one of the worst arguments I’ve seen on this board lol.

“So uhhh madden right. The game? What do you play madden on? A console? BOOM! SEE! 1:1 with streaming sticks”

What a joke. It’s so hilarious how smug you seem while not even having an iota of validity in your nonsensical replies here

Think you have a comprehension problem.

You don't seem to understand the difference between the restaurant and the warehouses they get their food from.

I think it's because you have a simple idea of what a "customer" is.

Tell me, how does Netflix get onto an LG tv?

Think you have a comprehension problem.

You don't seem to understand the difference between the restaurant and the warehouses they get their food from.

I think it's because you have a simple idea of what a "customer" is.

Tell me, how does Netflix get onto an LG tv?
No I’m quite certain the comprehension problem isn’t from my end

And you get it. By having. The Netflix. Streaming. Service. On said TV. Ya know, the one that has exclusive Netflix originals you can’t watch on OTHER streaming platforms?

I’ve explained this to you maybe 3 times now? Seems like we’re hitting a wall man

Last edited:
No I’m quite certain the comprehension problem isn’t from my end

And you get it. By having. The Netflix. Streaming. Service. On said TV. Ya know, the one that has exclusive Netflix originals you can’t watch on OTHER streaming platforms?

I’ve explained this to you maybe 3 times now? Seems like we’re hitting a wall man

The existence of Netflix originals/exclusives doesn't make Netflix analogous to PlayStation consoles.

I've literally explained that to you, but you don't seem to get it.

Not sure how else to explain it to you, but I do think it's telling that you ignored my question.

The existence of Netflix originals/exclusives doesn't make Netflix analogous to PlayStation consoles.

I've literally explained that to you, but you don't seem to get it.

Not sure how else to explain it to you, but I do think it's telling that you ignored my question.
Bro. I answered your question head on in my reply…??? Are you skimming these? What are you talking about? Netflix exclusives are equivalent to playstation exclusives. This is a very. Very. Veeeery. Simple concept to grasp.

We’re not talking about shows being equivocal to the consoles themselves

Last edited:

xVodevil

Great, then bring Ghost of Tsushima first, then proceed with Bloodborne and Demon's Souls.. oh yeah and the Uncharted trilogy and maybe only speed it up a little bit! Say 3 months between constant releases and we are good for starters..
With MS buying everything the exclusivity battlefield is already moving to new places and with that PC can not be fully ignored anymore, so yeah for us PC gamers future looks brighter than ever!

Probably not happening but I'd love to see Last Guardian on Steam. Game was unplayable on PS4 because it made the system sound like a jet engine.

Bonus points for Gravity Rush 2.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
I wonder if they could just release a PlayStation storefront and launcher on PC at this point It would integrate with their ecosystems (messaging, trophies, etc). Maybe even get this parties to put games there. But they would have to be serious about it and release it with at least some semblance of feature parity with stream, or it'll be DoA just like Epic.

This approach is so often a death knell for PC games though. Look at the Blizzard Launcher, Epic Games Launcher, EA Launcher, Ubisoft Launcher, the old Games with Windows approach, etc..

Microsoft has found some success with the new Xbox app, and GOG has found some success, but other than that, if it's not on Steam it kills the sales of the game.

//DEVIL//

Could’ve gotten it on PS4 and saved $500 plus tax
No Not really.

I want to play it on the best possible graphics. also down the road when everyone is dying to get rid his or her VR2, ill grab that for cheap too as that doesn't work on PS5.

Also. there are games that I enjoyed . GOW:R , Final fantasy 16, FF7R part 2. coming up ( don't give shit about spider man ). but those games I buy used and sell as soon as I finish them. sometimes I don't even lose money and play the whole game. GT7 is a game I like to keep and coming back to.

Bloodborne and Gran Turismo 7 is what I want. God of War: Ragnarok, Horizon: Forbidden West, and The Last of Us Part II is the mediocrity they are going to port to PC and will likely sell poorly relative to expectations because most PC gamers would rather stream Netflix than play a story heavy game.

Last edited:

TrebleShot

Bloodborne and Gran Turismo 7 is what I want. God of War: Ragnarok, Horizon: Forbidden West, and The Last of Us Part II is the mediocrity they are going to port to PC and will likely sell poorly relative to expectations because most PC gamers would rather stream Netflix than play a story heavy game.
How did you figure that one out?

More big profile releases and work on releasing low effort ports of catalogue titles on a steady schedule (PS2/3/4 titles). Think Parappa, Killzone, Medievil etc on PC.
This is an extremely good idea. Imagine if they created their own emulators and just ported their entire catalogue to pc. 'twould be fantastic.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
https://sportstechjobs.com/sr-manag...m_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic

Why PlayStation?
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Manager, PC Planning and Analysis

San Mateo, CA (Collab)

Role overview:

As the Senior Manager, PC Planning and Analysis you will be a key driver of our sales success and play a crucial role in shaping strategy for PlayStation’s fast growing PC business. Reporting to the Sr. Director, PC Strategy and Planning and working in partnership across the PC and GSBO organizations, you will lead a team of talented professionals responsible for analyzing sales data, monitoring market trends and developing effective sales strategies. Leveraging your deep expertise in sales forecasting, financial analysis and market research, you will identify growth opportunities, optimize pricing and promotion strategies and provide strategic insights to senior stakeholders. This is an exceptional opportunity to contribute to PlayStation’s continued success in the PC space at a senior manager level.

What you’ll be doing:

• Team Leadership – Lead and manage the Sales Planning & Analysis team, providing guidance, mentorship and support to ensure the achievement of department goals.
  • PC Forecasting and Performance - Lead hundreds of millions in PC revenue forecasts. Your team will develop robust sales forecasts, dynamic budgeting models and optimized promotion strategies to maximize revenue and profitability across multiple product lines and regions.
  • Reporting and Presentations - Generate comprehensive reports and presentations for executive leadership, highlighting sales performance, market insights and recommended actions.
  • Market and Growth Analysis, Insights and Recommendations – Drive analysis of sales data, market trends, channel performance and consumer behavior to identify growth opportunities, evaluate performance, and recommend strategic actions.
  • PC Processes and Systems - Evaluate and enhance sales processes, systems and tools, ensuring efficient and accurate sales data analysis and reporting.
  • Ad Hoc Analysis - Drive ad-hoc analysis & insight generation as required.
  • Market Insights – Stay abreast of industry developments, competitor activities and market dynamics to proactively adapt sales strategies and capitalize on emerging opportunities

What we’re looking for:

• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience, MBA or equivalent is preferred
  • Minimum of 5 years experience in in sales planning, financial analysis or business intelligence preferably in the gaming, technology or entertainment industries.
  • Minimum of 2 years experience managing, training and developing a team of in sales planners, financial analysts or business intelligence analysts.
  • Strong leadership and people management skills, with a demonstrated ability to inspire, mentor and develop high performing teams
  • Entrepreneurial, with high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity, and efficient with limited resources
  • Ability and desire to create strong relationships and collaborate at all levels of the organization
  • Strong communicator, comfortable with senior interaction (director and above), challenge and debate
  • Expertise in using data analysis tools and software (e.g. Excel, Tableau, SQL) to extract, manipulate and present data effectively. Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables, xlookups, index+match, charts and graphs.
  • Working knowledge of MS Office Tools (Word, PowerPoint)
  • Passion for the video game or entertainment industries and a deep understanding of gaming trends and consumer behavior are a plus.

#LI-BR1

At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.

Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.

In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.

The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$160,700—$241,100 USD
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
We've seen it dilute sales on the Xbox for years 👀 and alienate the Xbox users of the sane games. Y'all act like people haven't been seeing this for years.
Good Reasons why Xbox is failing

Lack of compelling first party titles
Gamepass disincentivisng purchases of games
Lack of interesting tech behind controller, VR, etc
no real market share in Europe or Asia
insane DRM

Bad Reasons why Xbox is failing.

Day and Date PC games.

People don't ask that question because Xbox games are on PC. People ask that question because Xbox games aren't very good.
If there isnt one Xbox owner who saw Spiderman 2 trailers and isnt excited for that after playing Redfall and Starfield, then hell, their parents didnt raise them right.

Belt GIF
Whoop Ass Reaction GIF

Its not too late.....

For Real Seriously GIF by Bounce

Last edited:

AREYOUOKAY?

Expand on Steam then. If you won't make a new handheld then port more of your games there and make them compatible with that. It has just what it needs for Gravity Rush 2 with the gyro controls.

pL48A8z.jpg

Last edited:
People making the 'console devalued' argument are implicitly making the argument that PC gaming is so superior in every single way, that the only value the console has is the inconvenience of exclusivity.

Go make yourself a launcher where you get 100% of the revenue, bring the game everywhere else once sales lag to get the Steam fanboys, and call it a day. And yes, that argument applies to Nintendo as well, but they march to the beat of their own profits they're willing to leave on the table.

Hudo

Sony should focus on their own platforms.
They do. Their platform is a digital and service-based one. Getting new users into that ecosystem by building up a PC playerbase that is then likely to subscribe to that ecosystem is the long-term move. They can do that by launching their own launcher/account-gate app down the line or they do it gradually by requiring an account for their GAAS stuff.

Seyken

I love how most of the posts devolve into "Sony should put their games on PC because I want them to!", or "It's so easy, just bring their exclusives day and date to PC and watch the money get printed!1!1" while ignoring the risks that come with such strategies.

Right now Sony has what would be called a walled garden, a platform that they can 100% control and make profits not only from their games, but 3rd party as well (30% from every sale). That's a shit ton of cash.

You guys would be surprised by how many people actually buy a PS console and get into this walled garden only because of the exclusives. Same with Nintendo.

Now imagine they decide that "you know what? we should just make our own launcher on PC and release our games in both places at the same time!".

While it IS possible, it comes with many risks. You guys KNOW that Steam has a stranglehold on the PC market. If Sony created their own launcher on PC, it's highly probable that people would only use it to download Sony games and nothing else, probably the same if Nintendo tried it. Remember that 30% cut from 3rd party sales? Poof. Probably gone to Steam, effectively sending people from their console business to the clutches of the competitor.

Not only that, as much as people love to pretend it's not an issue, piracy also exists on PC, which also devalues game purchases.

And finally, but not least of all: PS Plus on PC probably won't be needed to play online games because of the competition. I'm sure a MAJORITY of those subs are paid because of that single reason on console. Now imagine they start bleeding subs because of a growing install base on PC and a diminishing install base on console.

Is it still "easy money" then?

Kuwitzzer

I love how most of the posts devolve into "Sony should put their games on PC because I want them to!", or "It's so easy, just bring their exclusives day and date to PC and watch the money get printed!1!1" while ignoring the risks that come with such strategies.

Right now Sony has what would be called a walled garden, a platform that they can 100% control and make profits not only from their games, but 3rd party as well (30% from every sale). That's a shit ton of cash.

You guys would be surprised by how many people actually buy a PS console and get into this walled garden only because of the exclusives. Same with Nintendo.

Now imagine they decide that "you know what? we should just make our own launcher on PC and release our games in both places at the same time!".

While it IS possible, it comes with many risks. You guys KNOW that Steam has a stranglehold on the PC market. If Sony created their own launcher on PC, it's highly probable that people would only use it to download Sony games and nothing else, probably the same if Nintendo tried it. Remember that 30% cut from 3rd party sales? Poof. Probably gone to Steam, effectively sending people from their console business to the clutches of the competitor.

Not only that, as much as people love to pretend it's not an issue, piracy also exists on PC, which also devalues game purchases.

And finally, but not least of all: PS Plus on PC probably won't be needed to play online games because of the competition. I'm sure a MAJORITY of those subs are paid because of that single reason on console. Now imagine they start bleeding subs because of a growing install base on PC and a diminishing install base on console.

Is it still "easy money" then?
They are PC gamers, of course they want all the exclusives to release day one on PC.

Fbh

Eh, I think people are reading too much into it. Their GAAS are moving along in development and I imagine they will release most of them day 1 on PC.

As for the existing catalogue I still don't get why they haven't released their souls games.
FROMSOFT games are pretty massive on PC, you've got Demon Souls remake and Bloodborne which PC players would probably eat up. Instead you release Ratchet and Sackboy?

Top Bottom