• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Calibur III blowout week (1up)

I hope not. From what I can tell, making a character is a permanent thing. I wouldn't want to go back and delete my old characters just to fit a new, better looking bracelet on my magician character.

Blame!

errr, I would imagine create-a-character is as permanent as you'd want it to be? and since you're not actually creatign new graphics, I can't think of a reason why it would take up very much room on your memory card(s).

edit; shit check out new chronicles of the sword mode screens. I hope this mode doesn't suck...

http://soulcalibur3.1up.com/do/media?cId=3137887

It's not a problem with memory card space, but I wonder if characters can be edited once they're created, if I feel like putting on a hat or something.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
SiegfriedFM said:
It's not a problem with memory card space, but I wonder if characters can be edited once they're created, if I feel like putting on a hat or something.

Yes, you can add / change your character even after you've saved. I'm almost certain of that.

As for better/stronger weapons (like those you used in Extra Versus mode in SC2), I believe those are unlocked through modes like Coin Collector or Chronicles of the Sword.

Is there a decent amount of variety in the movesets you can make? Or is everyone like a clone of each other if they use the same weapon?

Jer

It sounds like the create a character stuff will actually be fairly cool. I'm looking forward to it. I just hope the game isn't totally broken. Does anyone know if it was beta tested by high level players at all?

Blame! said:
errr, I would imagine create-a-character is as permanent as you'd want it to be? and since you're not actually creatign new graphics, I can't think of a reason why it would take up very much room on your memory card(s).

edit; shit check out new chronicles of the sword mode screens. I hope this mode doesn't suck...

http://soulcalibur3.1up.com/do/media?cId=3137887

wow this game is totally loaded isn't it! Hope the RTS mode is good.

I demand news on which characters are NOT returning! Hwangs moveset being used for custom characters makes me scared.

I hate when Namco keeps secrets from me :(

BTW, great idea for a week of Soulcalibur 3 stories and excellent work on the videos. When's that issue of EGM come out?

chespace

ThirstyFly said:
I demand news on which characters are NOT returning! Hwangs moveset being used for custom characters makes me scared.

BTW, great idea for a week of Soulcalibur 3 stories and excellent work on the videos. When's that issue of EGM come out?

Thanks for reading and checking out the videos. It's our first "issue" so we'll be evolving the concept quite a bit as we go forward. I think you guys'll dig the next couple exclusives we got going on...

As for that issue of EGM... it's onsale next week, I believe. Go pick it up! It has a badass Siegfried cover.

chespace

Yo Hedgehog... I don't think there's going to be a replay theater, but I will ask.

I thought you guys might enjoy this little comic Jeremy "toastyfrog" Parish did -- a heartfelt piece about our favorite character, Necrid.

Check out his blog here.

050727-necrid.gif

OK, thanks, Che. Could you please ask them nicely to put one in? :lol It's Two-Thousand and fucking Five and replay modes in fighting games still aren't standard... :( :lol @ comic.

Just watched the retro movie, and I'd like to point out that Dynasty Warriors 3-5 also have the intro edit feature :p

Oh, and it's Sophitia you can switch out of the SC1 intro, not Cassandra, for obvious reasons...

ThirstyFly said:

According to 1UP, confirmation came from Namco, all characters from previous Soul Calibur games will be returning. Necrid will not be returning to Soul Calibur 3. He is on vacation according to Namco. Also Link, Spawn, and Heihachi will not be returning. 1UP and Nacmo confirm 30 characters total.

Probable character list:
*Edited*

Character list from Soul Calibur II:

1-Astaroth
2-Cassandra
3-Ivy
4-Kilik
5-Maxi
6-Mitsurugi
7-Nightmare
8-Raphael
9-Taki
10-Talim
11-Voldo
12-Xianghua
13-Yunsung
14-Cervantes
15-Charade
16-Seung Mina
17-Sopitia
18-Assasin
19-Berserker
20-Lizardman
21-Yoshimitsu

Character list from Soul Edge:
22-Hwang Sung Kyung
23-Seung Han Myong (PSX only)
24-Rock
-Taki
-Sophitia Alexandra
-Mitsurugi Heishiro
25-Siegfried Schtauffen
-Seung Mina
26-Li Long
-Voldo
-Cervantes De Leon
27-Soul Edge/Blade (PSX only)

From Soul Calibur 3:
28-Zasalamel
29-Tira
30-Setsuka

According to 1UP, confirmation came from Namco, all characters from previous Soul Calibur games will be returning.

Whaaaaaaaaat? I didn't see that, awesome. What page did they say that on? 30 characters... that's crazy. And Li Long finally returns? You sir, have made my day.

So does SC3 have the largest roster for a 3D fighter or have there been a game with more players?

MidgarBlowedUp said:
According to 1UP, confirmation came from Namco, all characters from previous Soul Calibur games will be returning. Necrid will not be returning to Soul Calibur 3. He is on vacation according to Namco. Also Link, Spawn, and Heihachi will not be returning. 1UP and Nacmo confirm 30 characters total.

Probable character list:
*Edited*

Character list from Soul Calibur II:

1-Astaroth
2-Cassandra
3-Ivy
4-Kilik
5-Maxi
6-Mitsurugi
7-Nightmare
8-Raphael
9-Taki
10-Talim
11-Voldo
12-Xianghua
13-Yunsung
14-Cervantes
15-Charade
16-Seung Mina
17-Sopitia
18-Assasin
19-Berserker
20-Lizardman
21-Yoshimitsu

Character list from Soul Edge:
22-Hwang Sung Kyung
23-Seung Han Myong (PSX only)
24-Rock
-Taki
-Sophitia Alexandra
-Mitsurugi Heishiro
25-Siegfried Schtauffen
-Seung Mina
26-Li Long
-Voldo
-Cervantes De Leon
27-Soul Edge/Blade (PSX only)

From Soul Calibur 3:
28-Zasalamel
29-Tira
30-Setsuka

that's awesome!

btw the new pyramids stage looks aweosme!
sc3_24.jpg

sc3_27.jpg

sc3_37.jpg

Yeah, looks like they updated again. Gamestop took the pre-order link down...

That would be a good scam to make money though. Put fake pre-orders up, collect interest on it until the jig is up and then refund the money. :)

Top Bottom