• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Souls(+Sekiro, BB and ER) games - Pick your top 3

Top 3. Go

• Demon's Souls/Remake

Votes: 69 28.4%
  • Dark Souls 1

Votes: 84 34.6%
  • Dark Souls 2

Votes: 19 7.8%
  • Dark Souls 3

Votes: 64 26.3%
  • Bloodborne

Votes: 160 65.8%
  • Sekiro

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Elden Ring

Votes: 145 59.7%
  • I don't play souls ga-- HELP ME, I DON'T KNOW WHY I KEEP COMING TO THESE THREADS

Votes: 6 2.5%

• Total voters

Umbasaborne

Banned
The first one i played was ds2: Scholar of the first sin on xbox one. That sort of got me hooked on the series. After that I picked up a ps4 in mid 2015 just to play bloodborne, i got the platinum in it, when dark souls 3 came out I played that too on xbox one and got every achievement. I tried ds1 but i didnt like it as much as the other games, i actually preffered ds2. I never played demons souls when it originally came out, i just wasnt interested in that type of tough game in 2009. Most of the games i was into back then were more of the mainstream titles, your uncharted’s, gears, mass effect, ect… i finally did play demons souls on ps5 and i enjoyed the fuck out of it, got the platinum as well. Sekiro did nothing for me because i just dont think feudal japan is an interesting setting (sorry ghosts of tsushima) and i played about 50 hours of elden ring, but did not beat it, i actually burnt out on it. I dont like it as much as the other souls games i played.

Maddux4164

Bloodborne is the most overrated game in the 21st century

One day I’ll play it though 😂

For me it’s

DS1
DSR
DSPTD

Last edited:

SeraphJan

1. Sekiro
2. Elden Ring
3. Bloodborne
Anyone put Sekiro as his/her first choice had taste

Mine would be:

1.Sekiro
2.Dark Souls 1
3.Bloodborne

For me Sekiro strikes a perfect balance between Storytelling and Exploration, and its combat is the most unique of all

Dark Souls 1 was a direct upgrade to Demon's Souls in everyway (except maybe atmosphere), and Demon's Souls was my first love in the souls formula

Bloodborne was just objective a very unique game.

I do love Elden Ring, its just that its open world nature doesn't click with me compare to the other

Last edited:

begotten

1. Bloodborne

Daylight

2. Dark Souls
3. Demons OG

Daylight

4. Sekiro
5. Demons Remake
6. Dark Souls 3
7. Elden Ring

Daylight

8. Dark Souls 2

Last edited:

Antwix

Dark Souls 2 is absolutely not total trash. People want to hate on it but its a damn good game.
I hope ER dlc has something that even comes CLOSE to the coolness of the burnt ivory king boss fight/arena. Hands down my favorite fight in any of these games.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I could only vote for one game. The original Demon’s Souls. That is that true grandfather, and the first From game I played.

The rest, apart from DaS II, are all equally amazing in my eyes.

I can’t choose between DaS, DaS III, Bloodborne and Elden Ring.

They are all 10/10 fucks.

How far did you get and are you playing the Scholar of the first sin version?
Yeah, it was the Dark Souls trilogy on PS4 so I suppose it was right? I played around 25 hours before throwing in the towel. I really, really tried to like it but I hated every aspect about it, especially compared to the masterpiece Dark Souls. Eventually I was like "this is a waste of time, I can't wait for it to stop sucking, I need to play something else". It's just not for me.

Raven117

Demons > Dark Souls > Bloodborne=Elden Ring.

I can't not put Demon's the highest. Its the weirdest most experimental of all of them. And when it came out...the experience of it and the community gravitating towards it was incredible.

Probably go

1. Bloodborne
2. Demons Souls
3. Some knock-off like Steel Rising or Hellpoint

I don't really play much From Software stuff anymore :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Lokaum D+

ER
DS3
DS2 ( i started here )

never played DS1 at the time and i dont have any urge to play it now.
* Aways wanted to play Bloodborn, but i ll wait for BluePoint remake

Last edited:

j0hnnix

Gold Member
It was hard to choose the souls series. I loved DS3, but between DS , 1-3. I had to pick 1, it was the first souls for myself and the one that I enjoyed the most.

Then BB is all time favorite, only game I cared to 100%.

Then Elden Ring because yeah, its going to be Elden Ring - open world, easy to get into by just farming levels before your first boss. Overall fun bosses.

Bloodborne still the greatest Souls game but brutal for new players who even came from Souls game because it changes it up.

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
1- Sekiro/Wo Long(I love deflect+fatal strike mechanic)
2- Elden Ring(it has perfected the souls formula)
3- Demon's Souls(because it's my first souls game and Boleterian Palace was awesome)

Only played 1-3 and didn't finish 3 because I uninstalled it thinking it had cloud saving. Was stuck on the boss with the prince crawling on ground

Anyways I really like all of them. If I had to rank it would be 1>3>2

Fbh

Probably
Bloodborne
Sekiro
Elden Ring.

Elden Ring and DS3 are REALLY close though.
DS3 has some of my favorite bosses and locations in the franchise (Irithyll of the Boreal Valley in particular), the gameplay is a great as it feels like a slightly faster and more polished version of DS1 and I love the weapon abilities. My only problem with it is that it feels a bit like "been there done that" while Elden Ring feels a lot more unique and fresh due to its true open world nature.

begotten

Sekiro is really beating Dark Souls?

I agree it probably has the most fun factor and fluid combat out of them all (hence why I personally had it 4th) but literally everything else about it is average if I'm being honest.

kicker

Banned
literally everything else about it is average if I'm being honest.
Hesitation. is. fucking. defeat.
/s

Sekiro is really beating Dark Souls?
But for real though, I'm also surprised so many people have Sekiro in their top 3.
Not because I think it's average like you do, but I figured nostalgia for the core souls games would for sure put 1 or 3 in 3rd position over Sekiro (1st and 2nd were never really in doubt based on the progression of the games and the forum we're in)

I also figured recency bias and the updated experience of the Demons remake would push it higher than where it is right now

Akuji

Happy to See that the majority knows that bloodborne is the best game that from ever made. Imo its not even close. All the other games are still very good titles and strong goty contenders but bb is just 1 step above.

After thinking about it I went with Bloodborne, Dark Souls and Dark Souls 3

Sekiro's great, but no multiplayer
Demon's Souls is great, but less fleshed out multiplayer (no covenants, carry around 99 heals etc) and fewer bosses/areas
Elden Ring is great but it's new, needs more time for its DLC to complete it and patches to refine weapon balance

Really all these games have their strengths, any combo without DS2 is totally fine

Top Bottom